Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Clubmans Rallycross Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Other Motorsports > Rallying & Rallycross

Old 2 Oct 2018, 10:57 (Ref:3854015)   #51
tbtstt
Veteran

United Kingdom
Redhill, England
tbtstt should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridtbtstt should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Opening 2019 World RX round will be held at Yas Marina Circuit in Abu Dhabi.
Old 2 Oct 2018, 10:59 (Ref:3854017)   #52
J.U.
Racer

Germany
Hamburg
J.U. should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
This is absolutely dumb. Can somebody please stop IMG?

Meanwhile I´m hoping for the death of World RX in its current shape. Maybe Rally X Nordic is a chance to see real rallycross on real rallycross tracks.
Old 2 Oct 2018, 11:14 (Ref:3854018)   #53
crossfades
Veteran

Sweden
crossfades should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
What a joke.
Old 2 Oct 2018, 12:10 (Ref:3854026)   #54
Hickey
Veteran

United Kingdom
London
Hickey should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Personally I think it's a great move. I hope they price it nice and high to keep out all those traditional fans and hopefully the dirt will be a bit less in quantity than that COTA circuit.
Old 2 Oct 2018, 12:11 (Ref:3854027)   #55
BertMk2
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Nr Maidstone, Kent
BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hickey View Post
Personally I think it's a great move. I hope they price it nice and high to keep out all those traditional fans and hopefully the dirt will be a bit less in quantity than that COTA circuit.
Thanks for that
Old 2 Oct 2018, 12:13 (Ref:3854028)   #56
chunder
Veteran

England
Stevenage
chunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridchunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridchunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Now you see why Al Attiyah is being pushed as a driver for whatever useless team he can buy into.

Guys, honestly, you can't back this series, not in any way, ever again. If you do, you are honestly contributing to the downfall of what could be the best motorsport on earth.
Old 2 Oct 2018, 13:08 (Ref:3854044)   #57
tbtstt
Veteran

United Kingdom
Redhill, England
tbtstt should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridtbtstt should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hickey View Post

I thought that the World Championship was straddling a line a couple of years ago, with a mixture of traditional and new circuits. OK, so I know that Mettet wasn't an old circuit, but I thought it evolved into a decent, "proper" (for want of a better word) rallycross track, but to see that seemingly dropped for what is likely to be another flat, bland, F1 circuit based layout isn't good news.

On the assumption that the total number of rounds for each respective Championship remains unchanged for 2018, then it is possible that Abu Dhabi could replace Mettet as a World round and the Euros will go to Silverstone (as per the story posted on the previous page), leaving the rest of the calendar untouched. I have a feeling that more changes are coming though.
Old 2 Oct 2018, 13:29 (Ref:3854050)   #58
chunder
Veteran

England
Stevenage
chunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridchunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridchunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
I would that COTA and South Africa are probably short leases. This might replace Canada
Old 2 Oct 2018, 13:53 (Ref:3854066)   #59
SnoodyMcFlude
Veteran

United Kingdom
SnoodyMcFlude should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridSnoodyMcFlude should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Mettet had some really good chances for close racing, especially the first few corners after the jump. If Abu Dhabi is anything like Silverstone or COTA then it’ll just be sterile.

I get that they’re trying to attract a whole new audience, I just don’t think this is the way to do it. I was at Riga with some non-motorsport fan friends of mine. They seemed to enjoy it and one was even watching the livestream from Austin on Saturday. The down side? He specifically sent me a message to say how boring it was. It’s no use getting new people watching the sport if the races they see are dull and don’t make them want to come back. For my money the WRX is on the road to ruin if this continues, not interesting enough to attract new fans and not traditional enough to keep the old ones. Plus who wants to see 15 car fields why virtually everyone makes the semis? IMG had such a good product a few years back, it’s impressive how quickly they’ve screwed the golden goose.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 2 Oct 2018, 16:17 (Ref:3854110)   #60
rallycrossnl
Racer

Netherlands
rallycrossnl should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
It's boring because it's WRC with RX cars and some dust trown in. #notrallycross
Old 12 Oct 2018, 10:22 (Ref:3856225)   #61
tbtstt
Veteran

United Kingdom
Redhill, England
Petter Solberg confirms that he will be back for 2019:

https://www.motorsport.com/world-rx/...-2019/3193743/

Interesting to see him mention about Oliver going to another team.
Old 12 Oct 2018, 13:01 (Ref:3856248)   #62
MissClarrpz
Racer

MissClarrpz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
https://www.motorsport.com/world-rx/...-2019/3193832/

Spa confirmed. Nice. IMG are going for the F1 circuits. Probably around the bus stop and Blanchimont. Wait! Eau Rouge? But there's no room. Where there is space is where the grandstands should go. Maybe they could use the space behind the grandstands that are on the way to Eau Rouge.

Also its likely to be max 12 events so which round will be dropped? Canada?
Old 12 Oct 2018, 13:05 (Ref:3856250)   #63
tbtstt
Veteran

United Kingdom
Redhill, England
Quote:
Originally Posted by MissClarrpz View Post
https://www.motorsport.com/world-rx/...-2019/3193832/

Spa confirmed. Nice. IMG are going for the F1 circuits. Probably around the bus stop and Blanchimont. Wait! Eau Rouge? But there's no room. Where there is space is where the grandstands should go. Maybe they could use the space behind the grandstands that are on the way to Eau Rouge.

Also its likely to be max 12 events so which round will be dropped? Canada?
Buxtehude maybe? Or perhaps Barcelona as we already know that Abu Dhabi will open the season.
Old 12 Oct 2018, 13:42 (Ref:3856260)   #64
SnoodyMcFlude
Veteran

United Kingdom
SnoodyMcFlude should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridSnoodyMcFlude should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I reckon they’re using Eau Rouge but not Radillon.

Heard a rumour a while back that Holjes has limited time...mental if it’s true.

Old 12 Oct 2018, 13:51 (Ref:3856264)   #65
crossfades
Veteran

Sweden
Quote:
Originally Posted by SnoodyMcFlude View Post

Heard a rumour a while back that Holjes has limited time...mental if it’s true.

Höljes are negotiating at the moment.
Old 12 Oct 2018, 15:29 (Ref:3856278)   #66
BertMk2
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Nr Maidstone, Kent
BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by SnoodyMcFlude View Post
I'd have thought Eau Rouge is too long for a rallycross car - they'd be out of gearing surely?
Old 12 Oct 2018, 16:31 (Ref:3856299)   #67
SnoodyMcFlude
Veteran

United Kingdom
Quote:
Originally Posted by BertMk2 View Post
I'd have thought Eau Rouge is too long for a rallycross car - they'd be out of gearing surely?

Eau Rouge is the left hander so I think they’ll come down the old pit straight, left at Eau Rouge and into the car park behind the grandstands, few corners in there and then back onto the straight.

Old 12 Oct 2018, 16:38 (Ref:3856300)   #68
chunder
Veteran

England
Stevenage
Its laughable really

"No-one is watching coz the same bloke wins every week, and although we started well we have messed up royally ever since so what do we do? Put every track we can at that countries F1 venue! Don't they see how embarrassing this makes them look, how desperate it makes them look, how insulting it is to anyone who follows their crappy sport?

You suddenly think you will get 20 thousand more people just coz you put a car park shithole track at Spa like you did at Silverstone. Christ.

it staggers me this company IMG and what they are doing to rallycross it truly does.
Old 13 Oct 2018, 07:31 (Ref:3856396)   #69
leonidas
Veteran

England
Coventry
leonidas should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridleonidas should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Sadly corporate greed is creating a bubble that will destroy the character of the sport. If you care stay away from this IMG rubbish. A weekend ticket to watch will soon cost more than a BTRDA entry.

Unfortunately, rallycross is not the only sport affected by this corporate greed trend. Don't start me on cricket's '100' and the destruction of county cricket...
Old 13 Oct 2018, 09:57 (Ref:3856414)   #70
chunder
Veteran

England
Stevenage
Lol leo, you are about the only person in the world with the same morals as me! Shame most others a sheep!
Old 15 Oct 2018, 10:46 (Ref:3856907)   #71
tbtstt
Veteran

United Kingdom
Redhill, England
The unstoppable Kristoffersson machine rolls on: another victory in Germany!

Surprisingly aggressive driving from the Peugeot Total drivers; I thought Loeb was being quite pushy in the qualifying heats, but Timmy Hansen took it a step further in the semi finals. I am not a big fan of Marklund, but I am glad to see that Timmy was punished for what he did, a lot of excessive contact on the exit of turn one.

Conversely another great performance from Kevin Hansen, real shame his weekend ended in the barrier. Also a shame that Petter had issues as, although I'm not sure he would have challenged Johan, he looked on course for a podium spot.

Unfortunate weekend for Liam Doran. He really looked on the pace in Q4, but his Q1 disqualification gave him no chance.

The "live" segment of the TV coverage (which obviously wasn't actually live) was all screwed up yesterday, I hope they fix the audio sync issue for the repeat later in the week.
Old 18 Oct 2018, 09:32 (Ref:3857464)   #72
crossfades
Veteran

Sweden
Almost couldn't believe myself it but Peugeot is pulling out.

From their Facebook pages.

Timmy Hansen: "Peugeot Sport withdraws from WRX at the end of the year �� Let's see what the future will bring."

Kevin Hansen: "My world had been turned upside down this morning. It’s by far the toughest day of my life. Taken my dream, and smashed it to bits. I feel really sorry for all my friends at Peugeot Sport, I send all of you all the love I have❤️
We will get thru this, and come out stronger! Now it’s a big challenge to be on the grid 2019, but we are not giving up. This will be a long winter, but I’m sure TOGETHER we will make it.

Peugeot is out of World Rallycross."
Old 18 Oct 2018, 09:38 (Ref:3857466)   #73
tbtstt
Veteran

United Kingdom
Redhill, England
How strange, I thought Peugeot Sport looked well committed to World Rallycross, why the sudden change in heart?
Old 18 Oct 2018, 09:48 (Ref:3857468)   #74
crossfades
Veteran

Sweden
I don't know, I just scrolled through my Facebook and was quite stunned when I saw this.
Old 18 Oct 2018, 09:52 (Ref:3857469)   #75
chunder
Veteran

England
Stevenage
LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLLOL

Sorry, but are you not surprised!! I bet they were the ones pushing electric aswell!

It's bloody hilarious, the wheels are falling off IMG's crappy Tinseltown!