Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > 24 Heures du Mans

Old 21 Oct 2003, 12:35 (Ref:758216)   #1
bgeorge104
Racer

United Kingdom
London, UK
bgeorge104 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Le Mans Prices (some)

I've just had to renew my membership and was given some prices for next years race.

All prices are with ACO membership

General Admission 44 euros

ACO Grandstand 100 euros

Camping Houx / Maison Blanche 68 euros

Stll the usual wait to find out what allocation, if any, you get.

Can't remember how you get the euro symbol on a standard UK keyboard?
Old 21 Oct 2003, 12:50 (Ref:758238)   #2
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
That's an early renewal? I never get my forms until April/May.
Old 21 Oct 2003, 13:09 (Ref:758256)   #3
FIRE
Race Official
Veteran

Netherlands
FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!
Re: Le Mans Prices (some)

Quote:
Originally posted by bgeorge104
You can get the € symbol if the British exchange the Pound Sterling for the Euro!
Old 21 Oct 2003, 13:25 (Ref:758276)   #4
bigh
Racer

bigh should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Blimey, that's the biggest price hike ever! MB last year was 35E, and the grandstand 80. I guess they need that extra money to pay for all the toilets and other facilities installed last year....
H
Old 21 Oct 2003, 23:16 (Ref:758856)   #5
bgeorge104
Racer

United Kingdom
London, UK
bgeorge104 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
The renewal was for my ACO membership, you used to be able to buy 4 ACO grandstand tickets but a couple of years ago they changed it so you can only buy 2 tickets & because we have 2 growing kids my wife is now a member so we can buy 4 ACO g/stand tickets, gets bloody expensive!

Would save a load of agg if we was all Euro's, I don't use cash anymore its all electronic money transfers for me ie debit cards & online transactions. As long as the units I got paid in last month buy the same amount as next month I don't care!
Old 22 Oct 2003, 00:00 (Ref:758878)   #6
thebear
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

United States
85mi S. of Daytona, 125mi NE of Sebring
thebear should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridthebear should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid

Quote:
Would you believe alt+0128 (use the numeric keypad)= € If you are using a Windows 98 or later PC, click on START> Programs> accessories> system tools> Character Map and you will find it on the far left column, in the 4th row. Earlier versions of Windows Character map will need an update from Microsoft which may or may not be available.:confused:
Old 22 Oct 2003, 08:29 (Ref:759143)   #7
Fab
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

European Union
Hicksville...
Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!

Quote:
ACO Grandstand 100 euros
Why not 1000 € ? Are they mad ? :confused:

Money to make more grandstands, I hope...
Old 22 Oct 2003, 11:32 (Ref:759328)   #8
Pilgrimage
Veteran

England
Kent, England
Pilgrimage should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Re: Re: Le Mans Prices (some)

Quote:
Originally posted by FIRE
You can get the € symbol if the British exchange the Pound Sterling for the Euro!
Looks like we'll have to do without it then
I enjoy trying to work out how many foreign notes/ coins/ gold bars i'll require for my Le Mans beer money.
Old 22 Oct 2003, 12:04 (Ref:759382)   #9
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!

Quote:
Originally posted by thebear
Would you believe alt+0128 (use the numeric keypad)= €

€

€

Hey - it works

bear, your a mine of useful information.....
Old 22 Oct 2003, 22:19 (Ref:760054)   #10
thebear
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

United States
thebear should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridthebear should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Re: Re: Re: Le Mans Prices (some)

Quote:
Originally posted by Aysedasi
bear, your a mine of useful information.....
Thanks. That's the nicest thing said to me in a long time, as I am no relation to A.A.Milne's bear (Pooh).
Old 22 Oct 2003, 22:54 (Ref:760080)   #11
BillandLara
Racer

BillandLara should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
€€€€

Hi I just joined as a member t'other day, nice to be here, great site, really great people, too. ( Oh yes Le Mans is something else too!

I always use Ctl, Alt, 4. If using a windows keyboard with the euro symbol alongside the numeral 4 and below the $ sign.

€€€€
Old 22 Oct 2003, 23:02 (Ref:760085)   #12
thebear
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

United States
Quote:
Originally posted by BillandLara
I always use Ctl, Alt, 4. If using a windows keyboard with the euro symbol alongside the numeral 4 and below the $ sign.
Here "In the Colonies" one must employ my method(s).
Welcome "to the club".
Old 22 Oct 2003, 23:18 (Ref:760097)   #13
BillandLara
Racer

Thanks for the welcome, I used to use the Alt + 0128 method with my elderly Amstrad compy years ago. I hoped the US style keyboard would have the sneaky € hidden on the 4 key, just not listed.
Old 23 Oct 2003, 11:56 (Ref:760592)   #14
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Actually, I see now that my keyboard here at work has got the € symbol as an extra on the "4" after all. Funny I never noticed that before......
Old 23 Oct 2003, 12:14 (Ref:760614)   #15
Fab
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

European Union
Hicksville...
Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!
At least, I have a £ on mine !
Old 24 Oct 2003, 15:55 (Ref:762031)   #16
Pilgrimage
Veteran

England
Kent, England
Pilgrimage should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by Aysedasi
Actually, I see now that my keyboard here at work has got the € symbol as an extra on the "4" after all. Funny I never noticed that before......
I just noticed that after my post too, but it was too late to stop the "useful" email sent to far too many of my friends. DOH.
Old 24 Oct 2003, 18:04 (Ref:762112)   #17
PascaLM
Race Official
Veteran

France
Near Blois, France
PascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
A lonely brave keyboard is not enough to fight the LM prices increasing !

Last edited by PascaLM; 24 Oct 2003 at 18:05.
Old 24 Oct 2003, 18:17 (Ref:762121)   #18
thebear
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

United States

Quote:
Originally posted by PascaLM
Old 24 Oct 2003, 18:36 (Ref:762135)   #19
veeten
Veteran

United States
Temple Hills, Md.
veeten should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridveeten should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid

Quote:
Originally posted by Fab
Why not 1000 € ? Are they mad ? :confused:

Money to make more grandstands, I hope...
hey Fab, how about ¥100. now there's a price I can get behind.
Old 24 Oct 2003, 19:09 (Ref:762167)   #20
thebear
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

United States
Re: Re: Re: Le Mans Prices (some)

Quote:
Originally posted by veeten
hey Fab, how about ¥100. now there's a price I can get behind.
Ahh-so, you round eyed iriot!
Old 24 Oct 2003, 19:25 (Ref:762184)   #21
veeten
Veteran

United States
Temple Hills, Md.
veeten should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridveeten should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
it's a little like those Price-line commercials...

"... just name your lowest price for race tickets, passes, even snacks & beer..."

Last edited by veeten; 24 Oct 2003 at 19:28.
Old 24 Oct 2003, 20:12 (Ref:762226)   #22
BillandLara
Racer

Originally posted by PascaLM
Quote:
That is true apparently. Does it leap so much every year? Or is it just a special one-off just for me?

This keyboard thing is odd, I don't know much about computers but do read the occasional magazine in order to learn, just as I browse the best resources I can find to learn about sportscars, (yes I am talking this site mostly, since I fell for the cars and the event this year!) but this morning I read in a back issue that I have read before and never noticed, that Windows users with US keyboards can do the Ctrl, Alt, 5 move to get the € symbol, I don't have one I can try with but would anyone like to confirm or deny it for us? May help a little in future..
Old 24 Oct 2003, 20:34 (Ref:762239)   #23
thebear
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

United States

Quote:
but this morning I read in a back issue that I have read before and never noticed, that Windows users with US keyboards can do the Ctrl, Alt, 5 move to get the € symbol, I don't have one I can try with but would anyone like to confirm or deny it for us? May help a little in future..
cntl+alt+5=ZIP, Zenith, Zero, Naught (no response) :confused: Sorry, 0128 on the numeric keypad or "Character Map" on the accessories menu. Æ’, â€*, ‡, â„¢, ©, §, ¤, ¼, ½, ½, & ¾ can be found there as well along with upper and lower case letters with French and German accents an a few Greek letters as well. The Character map screen will also provide the appropriare ASCII number in the lower r/h corner of the screen to use for all the aforementioned characters.

Last edited by thebear; 24 Oct 2003 at 20:35.
Old 24 Oct 2003, 20:47 (Ref:762248)   #24
BillandLara
Racer

Thanks for looking, it was worth a try...

I read your articles on Marshalling Le Mans, really showed what it was like to be involved, on a minor scale that is what my mate and I found. We see what keeps people (includes us!) coming back. Thanks.
Old 24 Oct 2003, 22:41 (Ref:762308)   #25
thebear
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

United States
Marshalling

Quote:
I read your articles on Marshalling Le Mans, really showed what it was like to be involved, on a minor scale that is what my mate and I found. We see what keeps people (includes us!) coming back. Thanks.
I am glad to see that SOMEONE read the stuff. Feedback is non-existant. Remember, I don't have to do that sort of thing for a living, I can retire and eat dogfood.