Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > North American Racing

Old 16 Jun 2009, 13:43 (Ref:2484524)   #1
trahsub
Racer

United States
Long Island, NY
trahsub should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
ALMS future. . . 2010 and beyond

I'm still coming down from the high that is 24 hours long and takes place in France , but refocusing on ALMS racing, I can't say it's a peachy story right now.

I guess a lot of what we hear is speculation, but what are the thoughts for next year's ALMS racing and beyond? I read in Autoweek that all three Acura teams (both LMP1, and Lowes/Fernandez LMP2) are kicking around the idea of going to IRL.

Peugeot confirmed plans to race at PLM and Leguna this year? Will Audi come to the battle for both rounds?

With the big changes looming for 2011, will teams take a year off to focus on the 2011 and beyond program, making next year horrible from a fan's view, but 2011 would come back better than ever?

Porsche LMP1 rumors? Audi coming back strong next year? Will Peugeot run the 908 next year at all? It still seemed strong as hell this year, but will they focus all their effort on the 2011 car?

Dying to get some answers here, if any answers exist at this point
Old 16 Jun 2009, 13:48 (Ref:2484527)   #2
TheKimme
Rookie

Denmark
TheKimme should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I Would be AWESOME if Pug and Audi would race the last 2 ALMS Races!
Old 16 Jun 2009, 16:51 (Ref:2484613)   #3
deggis
Veteran

Finland
deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!
Richards hints at PLM and Laguna

http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/76066
Old 16 Jun 2009, 18:06 (Ref:2484668)   #4
Fogelhund
Veteran

Canada
Binbrook, ON Canada
Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheKimme View Post
I Would be AWESOME if Pug and Audi would race the last 2 ALMS Races!
I think there is more truth to this statement, than even the poster had intended.
Old 16 Jun 2009, 19:17 (Ref:2484700)   #5
AX lover
Racer

Netherlands
AX lover should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by deggis View Post
Richards hints at PLM and Laguna

http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/76066
Only is they have cars left at that point Maybe they crash them all
Old 16 Jun 2009, 22:14 (Ref:2484869)   #6
cmk
Veteran

Canada
Linköping, Sweden
cmk should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridcmk should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridcmk should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fogelhund View Post
I think there is more truth to this statement, than even the poster had intended.
A sad bit of irony indeed.
Old 16 Jun 2009, 22:43 (Ref:2484885)   #7
Speed-King
Veteran

Speed-King has a real shot at the podium!Speed-King has a real shot at the podium!Speed-King has a real shot at the podium!Speed-King has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fogelhund View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by cmk View Post
A sad bit of irony indeed.
Just the usual doom and gloom, or is there something more tangible going on behind the scenes?
Old 17 Jun 2009, 00:25 (Ref:2484908)   #8
bjwedgemtu
Rookie

bjwedgemtu should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
i think the economy screwed this season. I think that if the Formula 1 situation turns out right that some of the teams could end up in sports car racing (Ferrari, BMW, Toyota, mercedes). That would help bring a lot of attention and money into the sport as a whole.

As far as ALMS, maybe audi will return for a full season seems how LeMans didn't work out the way they wanted it. I think the Corsa Zytek car will end up running. Someone will get behind that team and they will run the hybrid system competitivly.
Old 17 Jun 2009, 01:54 (Ref:2484932)   #9
trahsub
Racer

United States
Long Island, NY
trahsub should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Well with the rise of the Asian LMS, it would be hard to imagine the American LMS would be dead for long. GT2 is certainly strong, we just need more attraction to the LMP classes. Let's cross our fingers things improve along with the economy.
Old 17 Jun 2009, 02:38 (Ref:2484943)   #10
Flyin Ryan
Veteran

United States
Carolina del Norte
Flyin Ryan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by trahsub View Post
Well with the rise of the Asian LMS, it would be hard to imagine the American LMS would be dead for long. GT2 is certainly strong, we just need more attraction to the LMP classes. Let's cross our fingers things improve along with the economy.
Well what would an Asian LMS have to deal with how well-supported the ALMS is? Whether the Asian LMS has a good entry list or not has little to do with the ALMS having a good entry list from one race to the next.

What happens happens. The problems are well-documented with the entrants and we all have a decent idea of what's going on. As none of us are powerbrokers in the sport, all we can do is sit and watch.