Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > NASCAR & Stock Car Racing

Old 24 Sep 2002, 07:58 (Ref:387092)   #1
Joe Fan
Veteran

Joe Fan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridJoe Fan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Jeff Gordon and Jimmie Johnson to compete in the Michelin Race of Champions

http://www.jeffgordon.com/newsarchive/2002/0919.html

Last year, Robby Gordon competed in it and broke the track record competing against guys like former F1 drivers Johnny Herbert and Fernando Alonso, sports car driversTom Kristensen and Franck Biela, 2000 World Rally Champ Marcus Gronholm as well as WRC drivers Harri Rovanpera, Gilles Panizzi & Alister McRae.

Last edited by Joe Fan; 24 Sep 2002 at 13:12.
Old 25 Sep 2002, 13:18 (Ref:388027)   #2
Moncada69
Racer

Moncada69 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
GREAT , HOPE JEFF DIDN'T SHOW THE KID EVERYTHING!!!!!IT WILL BE GOOD NO MATTER WHAT !!!!
Old 25 Sep 2002, 21:12 (Ref:388401)   #3
RaceFanStan
Veteran

United States
RaceFanStan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
hmmmmmmmmmmmm ..... jeff gordon wouldn't compete in IROC because it was a "distraction" but the MROC is okay, I wonder what has changed ..... hmmmmmmmmmm.

Old 26 Sep 2002, 16:29 (Ref:388937)   #4
Joe Fan
Veteran

Joe Fan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridJoe Fan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by Stan_MarlinMan
hmmmmmmmmmmmm ..... jeff gordon wouldn't compete in IROC because it was a "distraction" but the MROC is okay, I wonder what has changed ..... hmmmmmmmmmm.

In all fairness, that is when he and Brooke were still together. Maybe he declined so that he could help keep his marriage together. And this Michelin Race of Champions is after the season.
Old 28 Sep 2002, 14:40 (Ref:390543)   #5
24thunder
Veteran

24thunder should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Is this event televised?I've never heard nor seen any of it till I heard that Jeff Gordon will be in it this year!
#24,1995,1997,1998,2001 Champion,1991 Busch ROTY,1993 Nextel Cup ROTY,3 Daytona 500 victories,5 Southern 500 victories,4 time Brickyard 400 winner,3 Coca-Cola 600 wins,8 road course(record)victories!
Old 1 Oct 2002, 17:11 (Ref:393272)   #6
KC
Veteran

United States
Tulsa, Oklahoma, USA
KC should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridKC should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Speedvision might pick it coverage with two NASCAR aces running in it. I am not familiar with Jimmie Johnson's previous racing career but I know that he is a good racer. Personally I'd love to see the rest of the team be filled out with Tony Stewart, Ryan Newman and Robbie Gordon, all thoroughbred dirt racers. These guys would be stars over there. They would also get respect from the Eurpoean dirt and rally racers as well.
Never forget #99
Old 2 Oct 2002, 13:01 (Ref:394005)   #7
Moncada69
Racer

Tony Stewart, AKKK!
Old 4 Oct 2002, 05:31 (Ref:395449)   #8
Crash Test
Veteran

Australia
Melbourne, Australia
Crash Test should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridCrash Test should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I think Robby set record a couple of second before his quadrouple barrel roll with pike. Don't forget, Robby was brought up in off road buggies, so he wasn't a stranger to that side of the competition. It'd be a totally different kettle of fish for Jeff and Jimmie. Isn't it held after the racing season? So it shouldn't be too much of a problem, clash wise.
Old 4 Oct 2002, 14:06 (Ref:395790)   #9
Moncada69
Racer

ROBBY

ROBBY WHO!!!!!!
Old 4 Oct 2002, 17:56 (Ref:395933)   #10
RaceFanStan
Veteran

United States
the "other" gordon, aka "rubby", lol.
Old 4 Oct 2002, 18:00 (Ref:395935)   #11
Moncada69
Racer

oooooo'

that BOZO!!!!!
Old 4 Oct 2002, 21:48 (Ref:396044)   #12
Snapper Baz
Race Official
Veteran

England
Las Vegas, NV. USA
Snapper Baz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridSnapper Baz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Hope Jeff doesn't do too well as Brooke will get all his winnings!(seriously...go and kick some a**e Jeff!!)
Old 4 Oct 2002, 23:24 (Ref:396093)   #13
Roselady3
Veteran

Roselady3 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by Moncada69
Tony Stewart, AKKK!
Yeah- TONY STEWART. Your boys biggest problem.

Quote:
that BOZO!!!!!
My My My- Aren't you opinionated!
Hmmmmmm...... wonder how that would fly if I said that about JEFF GORDON?????
Old 6 Oct 2002, 13:02 (Ref:396821)   #14
Ax Slinger
Veteran

United States
The Lost Coast
Ax Slinger should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Good point, Rosie. I invited some people here awhile back. Here's a question that one of them emailed to me after his first visit here:

Is this a "Racing Discussion Forum" or a "Driver Bashing Forum"?

I wrote back and told him it's a Racing Discussion Forum. He said it looked more like a Driver Bashing Forum. So I said that sometimes it is. His reply was "No thanks, there's plenty of those around. I'm looking for a Racing Discussion Forum", and didn't even bother to register.

And in case nobody else has noticed it, this forum has slowed down to a crawl as of late. Sometimes there isn't a new post for days at a time. There was more traffic in here last year during the off season than there is now during peak season. Remember when there were dozens of posts a day? You gotta wonder what happened to all those people. Why don't they come here anymore?

Well, to be honest, I don't know. But it is my belief that it has a lot to do with all the driver bashing that goes on around here. We're all guilty of it. We're all true racing fans, and very passionate about it. Ask yourself if what you're about to post would make you mad if someone else said the same thing about your favorite driver. If it would, maybe you ought to keep it to yourself.

Instead of bashing drivers, and each other for our comments, which appears to be hurting the forum, shouldn't we be trying to get along and discuss racing? Joking around is one thing. But making people mad enough to leave the forum is another. I'd just like everyone to think about that for a minute before you post something.

Last edited by Tim B; 6 Oct 2002 at 13:05.
Old 6 Oct 2002, 15:47 (Ref:396941)   #15
RaceFanStan
Veteran

United States
I'm with you Tim

I am probably one of the biggest "bashers".

I usually am trying to "stir things up".

I will try to keep my topics away from "bashing".

I enjoy this forum and I will try to be "good". lol

I will "stir the pot" sometimes and I will call a spade a spade.

If I feel that a driver pulls a "bonehead" move, I will make the call without bias.

I have a couple of ideas I'm "playing with", hopefully funny without being insulting.

Last edited by Stan_MarlinMan; 6 Oct 2002 at 15:49.
Old 6 Oct 2002, 16:37 (Ref:396981)   #16
Roselady3
Veteran

Tim- I don't think that your "Busyiness" is related to driver bashing. My forum has been slow- they all are. Nothing to do with it at all.

I have NEVER considered 10's as a driver bashing forum. We all do hold opinions- but that's what makes it interesting. We express our opinions- & as long as we do not insult others from their opinions- it's all good. It can't & won't be a love fest. & if there is never any discussion over a drivers ability or inability- I feel that the forum will be even slower.

You know I love to tease you & your dude. But it's that. TEASING. I am a big flirt & will continue to do so- as it is fun. I also expect it in return. That is NOT driver bashing. It is discussion.

My biggest concern- is the feeling that SOME drivers can be "picked on" yet it is totally unfair to pick on "others" It is only fair that we all get to hold our own opinions & that is what makes discussion forums fun. Recently SOME valued members have been accused of bashing. This was unfair. They are NOT bashers just because they disagree with "others" drivers as being the best.

It's all in how you say it folks. You can say that a driver made a stupid move & did something wrong. But you CAN'T say that he was an ******* idiot & is a totally stupid ******* for doing what he did.

The term BASH has a meaning. It doesn't mean that we cannot discuss our dislikes of that driver. It means that we cannot take it to a personal level & ATTACK that driver. There is a difference.

Tim- Don't take the slowness of the forum to mean that it doesn't have good quality. YES- there are alot of forums out there that do BASH drivers. I have never considered this to be one of them. 10's has NEVER been a hugely BUSY board. & If it does become one- then I will probabally be prompted to come here less. So it's NOT quanity- it's quality.
Old 6 Oct 2002, 22:18 (Ref:397160)   #17
muggle not
Veteran

United States
North Carolina, U.S.
muggle not should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridmuggle not should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I suggest that EVERYONE re-read Tim B's post. There are some good points in his comments.
Old 7 Oct 2002, 00:01 (Ref:397210)   #18
Ax Slinger
Veteran

United States
The Lost Coast
Just for the record, I wasn't my intention to be ragging on anyone. I just agreed with what you said, Rosie, made a few well thought out comments, and requested people to think about what they post before they post it.

Some of the jokesters around here (myself obviously included) make a statement completely in jest, and it gets taken the wrong way. Sometimes it's fine, and others it's just bad timing too, and things happen completely unintentionally.

Take for example my recent comment about Sterling Marlin not earning a Championship. That was just a joke, complete with the requisite winky to indicate I was just kidding. But my timing could not have been worse if I tried. I had not been keeping up with current NASCAR news, and did not know Sterling Marlin was out for the season due to a couple of bad accidents which resulted in possible life threatening injuries. I can't tell you how bad I felt when I realized I had inadvertantly picked on an injured driver.

Not to mention, after 30 plus years of racing, when he wins a Championship, he most certainly will have earned it. And anyone who actually believes he wouldn't is blind. So my little poke at Stan (sorry again, Dude) was really bad timing.

I'm not saying not to tease each other, make jokes, etc. I for one would be at a loss if I couldn't kid around, so that obviously isn't what I was trying to say. Just that right or wrong, good driver, bad driver or whatever, it just isn't necessary to bash drivers. I am just as guilty as anyone else too. So I'll try to keep the insults to a minimum myself as well.

I agree with your assessment of bashing too, Rosie, and that it is unfair for some drivers to get picked on and people get mad when others are. But in all fairness, you have to see that Jeff Gordon gets more than his share of personal attacks around here, with the Anti-Gordon Brigade and all that. There is no Anti-Anyone Else Brigade, remember? Jeff Gordon fans, like most people, are going to feel they have the right to say something in reply to the posts made against him, just the same as anyone else if comments were made against anyone they like. And that was my whole point. It's a two way street.

But by the same token, I know you (innocently) pick on everybody you like, Rosie, and since you haven't picked on me in a long time, and I've actually begun to wonder if you don't wuv me no more.

Last edited by Tim B; 7 Oct 2002 at 00:19.
Old 7 Oct 2002, 02:24 (Ref:397246)   #19
Roselady3
Veteran

Quote:
But by the same token, I know you (innocently) pick on everybody you like, Rosie, and since you haven't picked on me in a long time, and I've actually begun to wonder if you don't wuv me no more.
Nope- Wuv ya still the same. I'm make a mental note to pick on you MORE often!

As for those "anti" threads- If you look at them- More posts were made in favor of Jeffie- Than not. I've ALWAYS found that very interesting. That the conversation turns out to bring more positives than not in threads like those.

OK- so back to my mental note:
NA NA NA NA NA Tim- are ya crying in your beer? Cause Jeffie had some problems today???

Of course- I am happy as a clam- Two of my dudes took 1 & 2.

Do ya feel picked on yet?????
Old 7 Oct 2002, 03:53 (Ref:397272)   #20
Ax Slinger
Veteran

United States
The Lost Coast
Nope. No cryin'. (But I know yer a little out of practice.) No beer either, for that matter. (All I got is strawberry ice cream. Yummy!)

That was pretty strange though. All six cars with Hendrick motors had the same problem. Must have been a bad bunch of parts.

But I was pleased to see Tony Stewart come in 2nd, and take the points lead. In fact, the worst part of the whole day was having to put up with my son's smug reaction to one of his dude's winning. That doesn't happen very often, as he usually picks drivers who don't stand a chance of winning. But lately he's decided he's a Dale Jr. fan, so I had to conratulate him on finally picking a winner. And I'm always happy to hear somebody won a million bucks! I just wish it could be me sometime.

Last edited by Tim B; 7 Oct 2002 at 04:06.
Old 7 Oct 2002, 04:07 (Ref:397274)   #21
Roselady3
Veteran

I WANT Strawberry ice cream!!!!

Hey- I'm glad to hear that your kid has some taste! LOL.

WhooHoo- it was a great day!
Old 7 Oct 2002, 13:01 (Ref:397511)   #22
Moncada69
Racer

well. i didn't feel like i was bashing any drivers i just don't like some of them and I think that some people don't like mine but o' well ....maybe it does stir things up! i won't go too over board though, kinda learned my leason when TS20 ripped me up about Tony....he is a good driver, I just don't like him, SORRY.....

As for the hebdrick's cars I was rerally amazed to see that all of them had problems, just when you think we will gain some spots ...this happens.......

and what happened to Mark Martin, somthing about one of his arm's sticking!!!lolol
Old 7 Oct 2002, 14:32 (Ref:397585)   #23
muggle not
Veteran

United States
North Carolina, U.S.
muggle not should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridmuggle not should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
A while back someone said that Jeff didn't earn his victory because Mark Martin had bad luck. Well, Jeff certainly had some bad luck at Talladega. However, it is all part of racing. Tony and Jeff are still the 2 BEST DRIVERS on the circuit. I do believe, as stated moons ago, that Tony will win the championship.
Old 7 Oct 2002, 14:55 (Ref:397602)   #24
Moncada69
Racer

I'd have to say that it is getting more possible!!!
Old 8 Oct 2002, 14:31 (Ref:398395)   #25
24thunder
Veteran

24thunder should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by Tim B
Good point, Rosie. I invited some people here awhile back. Here's a question that one of them emailed to me after his first visit here:

Is this a "Racing Discussion Forum" or a "Driver Bashing Forum"?

I wrote back and told him it's a Racing Discussion Forum. He said it looked more like a Driver Bashing Forum. So I said that sometimes it is. His reply was "No thanks, there's plenty of those around. I'm looking for a Racing Discussion Forum", and didn't even bother to register.

And in case nobody else has noticed it, this forum has slowed down to a crawl as of late. Sometimes there isn't a new post for days at a time. There was more traffic in here last year during the off season than there is now during peak season. Remember when there were dozens of posts a day? You gotta wonder what happened to all those people. Why don't they come here anymore?

Well, to be honest, I don't know. But it is my belief that it has a lot to do with all the driver bashing that goes on around here. We're all guilty of it. We're all true racing fans, and very passionate about it. Ask yourself if what you're about to post would make you mad if someone else said the same thing about your favorite driver. If it would, maybe you ought to keep it to yourself.

Instead of bashing drivers, and each other for our comments, which appears to be hurting the forum, shouldn't we be trying to get along and discuss racing? Joking around is one thing. But making people mad enough to leave the forum is another. I'd just like everyone to think about that for a minute before you post something.
Well said Tim B,but most of it is just different pewrsonalities where IMO some posters can take a joke or roll with the changes better than some other poster Whom might take something more personal than it was meant or intended,JMO!

As far as a "bashing forum" on this board,I don't c it,I got nothing but a very warm welcome here & a few jokes,but every1 needs a laugh now & then,don't they?Just My thoughts,but I could mention quite a few non-moderated boards where the language & intent often gets brutally nasty & nevermind that kids r reading those ugly posts!IMO We're all NASCAR fans,granted that We might have different fave drivers but it doesn't mean that We can't co-habitate,JMO!

(There ya go, 24T... All fixed, as requested. Tim)

Last edited by Tim B; 20 Oct 2002 at 10:46.
#24,1995,1997,1998,2001 Champion,1991 Busch ROTY,1993 Nextel Cup ROTY,3 Daytona 500 victories,5 Southern 500 victories,4 time Brickyard 400 winner,3 Coca-Cola 600 wins,8 road course(record)victories!