Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Club Level Single Seaters

Old 1 May 2006, 19:23 (Ref:1598946)   #1
Mark Mitchell
Veteran

England
Staffordshire Moorlands
Mark Mitchell should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMark Mitchell should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMark Mitchell should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMark Mitchell should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Anglesey April 30th

Fella's (Don't think Nat was out was she?)

Yesterday's FF races were, again superb entertainment for us in Orange.
Some excellent moves - some not so - not metioning any names *Cough* Goughy *cough*....I'm sure Hutch is a forgiving sort!

For me, it was good to see Botty out for Infinity(?) and he seemed to do alright in the race(s).

Am I right in thinking you're playing at the seaside again with the Leinster MC folks!
Old 1 May 2006, 20:50 (Ref:1598977)   #2
heel'n'toe-no
Veteran

United Kingdom
Albrighton, Shropshire
heel'n'toe-no has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Mark, As an ex-marshall I think the part the marshalls play in motor racing is fundamental to the success of the sport and for that I truely thank all of you. That aside I can't help but reply to the comment made by you. In my humble opinion it does nothing for either the sport, the marshalls or the drivers concerned.

The race officials were happy with the reports they got from ALL concerned and put this down to a "Racing incident". From my "Excellent" vantage point and racing experience I would DEFINATELY put this down to a racing incident. Close racing is what make formula ford what it is........Excellent! and thats why it has stood the test of time.

I think it would be a bad idea to speak of individual incidents after the race in a public forum.....Not good for anyone!
I had an unfortunate incident at Silverstone myself this weekend but I equally blame myself for the incident and result, as I believe Hutch would after Sundays race 1.

John and Ian have a season long championship to contest and I expect it to be a thrilling contest. They are both drivers with excellent skill andf race craft. They will use every inch of such to gain the upperhand by the end of the season. For me - This just livens things up....We've had the starter - I'm ready for the main course and pudding!.....Mind you I'm always ready for a pudding. (For those that don't know me - A reference to my bulk!)

Great job bby the marshalls at the weekend - Hats off to all of you guys n galls in orange....I was well impressed......Both at Silverstone and Anglesey. Did any of you make both venues???????..........I did....
Old 2 May 2006, 09:15 (Ref:1599220)   #3
ian_c_uk
Racer

United Kingdom
J5 M61
ian_c_uk should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Another marshal here, although I only managed to make Anglesey..

Just to add, a great days racing and even gave us a few things to do down at school, keep it up and looking forward to the next one.

I am however considering starting a spare parts business in order to provide funds to the marshal's beer fund. Anyone that requires driveshafts or brake discs (now available in "easy to carry" kit form) let me know

Cheers,

Ian
Old 2 May 2006, 13:30 (Ref:1599370)   #4
Walshy
Veteran

England
Lancashire
Walshy should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Thanks to all the Marshals up at Radar also after my little erm, incident!

Apparently a few of the other drivers commented that as they passed me under the Red Flag, I had the demeanour of a man about to tear somebody's head off. I can promise you I was "Quite" calm and thank you all for your help.

!it happens eh???
Old 2 May 2006, 21:53 (Ref:1599714)   #5
Mark Mitchell
Veteran

England
Staffordshire Moorlands
Mark Mitchell should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMark Mitchell should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMark Mitchell should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMark Mitchell should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by heel'n'toe-no
Mark, As an ex-marshall I think the part the marshalls play in motor racing is fundamental to the success of the sport and for that I truely thank all of you. That aside I can't help but reply to the comment made by you. In my humble opinion it does nothing for either the sport, the marshalls or the drivers concerned.

The race officials were happy with the reports they got from ALL concerned and put this down to a "Racing incident". From my "Excellent" vantage point and racing experience I would DEFINATELY put this down to a racing incident. Close racing is what make formula ford what it is........Excellent! and thats why it has stood the test of time.

I think it would be a bad idea to speak of individual incidents after the race in a public forum.....Not good for anyone!
I had an unfortunate incident at Silverstone myself this weekend but I equally blame myself for the incident and result, as I believe Hutch would after Sundays race 1.

John and Ian have a season long championship to contest and I expect it to be a thrilling contest. They are both drivers with excellent skill andf race craft. They will use every inch of such to gain the upperhand by the end of the season. For me - This just livens things up....We've had the starter - I'm ready for the main course and pudding!.....Mind you I'm always ready for a pudding. (For those that don't know me - A reference to my bulk!)

Great job bby the marshalls at the weekend - Hats off to all of you guys n galls in orange....I was well impressed......Both at Silverstone and Anglesey. Did any of you make both venues???????..........I did....

You really are reading into something that isn't there!

I'm not here to apportion blame.....just take the mick now and again!
This weekend I chose to give Walshy a break!!

I'm a huge fan of FF - particularly the NW lot and wouldn't knowingly try to upset any driver.

Anyway, as I said, another great day of my fave racing formula!
Old 3 May 2006, 09:24 (Ref:1599917)   #6
heel'n'toe-no
Veteran

United Kingdom
Albrighton, Shropshire
Walshy needed a break....How unlucky was he!!!! At least he was ok and not hurt. Although I guess his wallet will take a battering!

You're right about the great racing formula. I personally can't wait for the next thrilling episode. This stuff is better than telly!
Old 3 May 2006, 09:51 (Ref:1599927)   #7
Walshy
Veteran

England
Lancashire
Hey Lee.

It's not only better than telly. It's on the telly as well.........
Old 3 May 2006, 09:59 (Ref:1599934)   #8
heel'n'toe-no
Veteran

United Kingdom
Albrighton, Shropshire
I didn't know that the Anglesey round was being televised.......Great! I'll look out for that......definately one worth sticking on the sky+. I'm sure Ian Sowman will let us all in on the show date as and when it is arranged.

Cheers dude.
Old 3 May 2006, 10:12 (Ref:1599941)   #9
Walshy
Veteran

England
Lancashire
Sorry mate, I didn't mean that. I meant on the whole.

The anglesey rounds are not on Sky.

But Ben will have his DVD's.

Did you see the DVD from the first round on the 26th March. And my little coming together.

I would say we were side by side. Wouldn't you????
Old 3 May 2006, 10:14 (Ref:1599942)   #10
kartingdad
Veteran

kartingdad has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
How do I get hold of the anglesey dvd?
Old 3 May 2006, 10:46 (Ref:1599957)   #11
Walshy
Veteran

England
Lancashire
Phil Nelson's young lad, Ben films all the Anglesey rounds and hands out DVD's at the following round. The going rate for a "contribution" towards his costs is £5 per DVD.

He did do Oulton Park, until they told him he needed a licence to film. And he was rollocked by someone at the circuit.

He is 14!!!!!!

Anglesey were typical Anglesey and said no problem.
Old 3 May 2006, 12:14 (Ref:1600011)   #12
Ian Sowman
Veteran

Ian Sowman should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridIan Sowman should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridIan Sowman should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
The only Anglesey rounds being recorded are, I believe, the August double-headers.
Old 3 May 2006, 12:29 (Ref:1600023)   #13
heel'n'toe-no
Veteran

United Kingdom
Albrighton, Shropshire
Quote:
Originally Posted by Walshy

Did you see the DVD from the first round on the 26th March. And my little coming together.

I would say we were side by side. Wouldn't you????
I did watch it yesterday - Ben's production is coming on in leaps and bounds. I think there will be an opening for him in real telly one of these days.......Ben if you read this..Well done.

Pointer - Invest in a lens wipe to get the rain off, I almost missed my "different" approach to the hairpin. It was slow going round there after the oil slick so what better time to try entring the hairpin backwards

I feel sorry for the marshall that fell........I can see Ben didn't feel sorry for him. Great use of the footage by Ben in the closing credits....made me laugh

Walshy - Regarding the side by side - A racing incident if ever there was one. OUCH! This fence hurts! A fence post right on my bottom
Old 3 May 2006, 12:42 (Ref:1600031)   #14
Walshy
Veteran

England
Lancashire
I couldn't agree with you more.

Sitting on a fence post would hurt your rear.....

Ask Ian!!!! (only joking mate!!)
Old 3 May 2006, 19:28 (Ref:1600249)   #15
Dave Brand
Veteran

England
Hadfield, Derbyshire (UK)
Dave Brand is going for a new lap record!Dave Brand is going for a new lap record!Dave Brand is going for a new lap record!Dave Brand is going for a new lap record!Dave Brand is going for a new lap record!Dave Brand is going for a new lap record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by heel'n'toe-no
I feel sorry for the marshall that fell........I can see Ben didn't feel sorry for him.
That was me! Ben has been advised to file all the sharp edges off his camera......then it won't hurt so much when I stuff it where the sun don't shine!
Old 3 May 2006, 23:29 (Ref:1600389)   #16
gravel_monkey
Veteran

England
widnes
gravel_monkey should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
My favourite part of the day was seeing dave's face as diz turned up at the butty wagon and invited all the marshalls to come and see the dvd with dave falling over!
Old 4 May 2006, 07:20 (Ref:1600465)   #17
Walshy
Veteran

England
Lancashire
Ask Ben for the copyright of the footage Dave.

You can get £250 for that!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 4 May 2006, 17:01 (Ref:1600759)   #18
heel'n'toe-no
Veteran

United Kingdom
Albrighton, Shropshire
Quote:
Originally Posted by Walshy

You can get £250 for that!!!!!!!!!!!!
Yeah on "you've been framed". But where's Ben's cut?