Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 12 Apr 2001, 18:39 (Ref:79867)   #1
Liz
Veteran

Liz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridLiz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
OR: "Fact that TGF feels constrained to make this statement at least once every day does not indicate that he lies awake in the dark hearing footsteps...."

Do you think it's gotten a little slippery up there on the mountain top?
Old 12 Apr 2001, 18:42 (Ref:79870)   #2
robert2000
Racer

England
Cambridge, UK
robert2000 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Schumacher obviously recognises the fact that Montoya is a potential threat. Did you notice how he kept saying "My brother was 0.8 seconds/lap faster than Montoya, so he should have been the winner" ?
Old 12 Apr 2001, 19:07 (Ref:79878)   #3
Speed
Veteran

Panama
Panama, Rep. of Panama
Speed should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by Liz
Do you think it's gotten a little slippery up there on the mountain top?
Maybe it's the LV...... Latin VASELINE !!!
Old 12 Apr 2001, 19:57 (Ref:79889)   #4
Billy_Hunt
Racer

Billy_Hunt should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I read about this in the paper today and thought TGF is up for a slagging match again last year it was DC, after DC made a couple of good moves on him now he's at JPM does he think this will psyche the drivers out or something ?
One thing that has really struck me about JPM is how cool, calm and collected he is especially after the incident with Joss Verstappen perhaps it is this coolness TGF fears.
But on the other hand he never seems to have a go at Mika does he ?.
Perhaps thats down to the lack of wheel to wheel incounters .

Last edited by Billy_Hunt; 12 Apr 2001 at 20:00.
Old 12 Apr 2001, 21:25 (Ref:79908)   #5
KC
Veteran

United States
Tulsa, Oklahoma, USA
KC should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridKC should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
In a way, MS is right. It was just one pass, and he eventually got passed back after being crashed out. however, MS is playing his usual mind games with an opponent. I think he will find JPM a little bit tougher nut to crack.

JPM believes he is invincible and believes he will eventually prove it to everyone on the track. His on-track duelling with another stubborn and agressive driver, namely Michael Andretti, at 220mph with interlocking wheels and a lap car in the way only proved it. The guy is tough, physically and mentally behind the wheel. He learned patience and how to control his temper while racing in CART. How to deal with inferior equipment after Ganassi changed over to Lola-Toyota equipment from the then dominant Reynard-Honda. And how to deal with sponsors in a professional and proficient manner. I believe he will eventually take at least one WDC title before leaving Williams.
Old 12 Apr 2001, 22:13 (Ref:79927)   #6
Valve Bounce
Veteran

Australia
Home :)
Valve Bounce has been held in scrutiny for further testing
That OUTAMYWAY pass that JPM pulled off on TGF must have shaken him more than we thought. I can't remember anyone pushing TGF around like that on the track at all. I was stunned, and pleased, and happy, and overjoyed, and thrilled, and felt kinda satisfied. Let's hope Rubens watched the tape afterwards. Now if only Rubens would qualify behind TGf.............
Old 12 Apr 2001, 22:26 (Ref:79932)   #7
riusnow
Racer

riusnow should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I think TGF is just sick of hearing about JPM and what he thinks- about everything about JPM. Everything is about THE PASS. One topic about one moment. Yes it was a good pass, and daring. But, let's get on with it.
I'm sure that since MS has been in F1 so long he knows there are other topics. The next few races will tell the tale.

BTW: Speed: Is Latin Vaseline different from other Vaseline? and where can I get some?
Old 12 Apr 2001, 23:02 (Ref:79949)   #8
senna12
Veteran

senna12 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Of course Michael would try to downplay the significance of the pass, he can't show any weakness to his opponents, not that he feels he has one. But the fact remains that he's pretty much had it his own way for awhile, save for the occasional event, like JV in Portugal, or Mika. But it's not that often that a rookie does it at the first available opportunity.
KC is absolutely spot on with his assessment of JPM in CART. He learned a great deal over here about all aspects of racing, and dominating at the same time. Ganassi's equipment switch was a real character builder, no question.
I've noticed that JPM's qualifying times, in relation to Ralf's, have been improving at a rate of about .2 sec per race. These 2 drivers are going to push the Williams to race wins soon, I think.
Old 13 Apr 2001, 00:36 (Ref:79986)   #9
slipstream
Rookie

slipstream should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Riusnow. I hope TGF is sick of hearing about JPM and his pass because I sure am sick of hearing about TGF.

Last edited by slipstream; 13 Apr 2001 at 00:38.
Old 13 Apr 2001, 03:12 (Ref:80032)   #10
laxman
Racer

laxman should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I think too much is being made of JPM.DC probably drove a better race than him and he too passed MS didnt he??
If anything DC deserves more credit than JPM.HE may have natural talent,but he needs to show us some more good racing before everyone starts hailing him as the future hero.
Old 13 Apr 2001, 16:05 (Ref:80189)   #11
senna12
Veteran

senna12 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I think that many people who praise him as much as they do, have seen a lot of good racing from him in CART already. It won't take much longer for F1 fans to come around, if they haven't done so yet. When drivers are this good, they inspire love or hate, there is rarely a middle ground, and this will happen with Juan, I'm sure.
Old 13 Apr 2001, 17:12 (Ref:80194)   #12
mjstallard
Veteran

England
London
mjstallard should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Oooh, thank you ever so much TGF for pointing the fact that Montoya isn't WDC out to us all...we were all thinking that if someone passes you, then obviously they win the WDC. Glad you sorted that one out for us...

I absolutely love it...TGF worked up makes me laugh, lots.
Old 14 Apr 2001, 19:35 (Ref:80487)   #13
Damon
Veteran

United Kingdom
Hampshire, England
Damon should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Here's a quote from Michael I read in this weeks Autosport...

"Montoya could be the next me"

And people say he's not arrogant

hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha..........

JPM champ 2001
Old 15 Apr 2001, 01:59 (Ref:80591)   #14
RT
Veteran

United States
Great Lakes Area
RT should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridRT should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Just a quick reality check for the Juanistes:

HAVE YOU CHECKED TODAY'S QUALIFYING?

Passes like the one in Brazil seldom are more than good photo ops. Juan is used to this kind of restart/yellow flag/safety car, etc from CART. F1 does not have so much of it and drivers can get caught flat footed by CART-like tactics.

As to the qualifying, I know, I know, he's really not Juan the awesome, not, not just yet. He's just Juan the newbie. He's also Juan the slower, I would add.

When you get rid of all the anti-Schumacher bias, all there is for real is a guy that's less impressive in real terms than Jenson Button was last year, IN last year's Williams/BMW car.
Old 16 Apr 2001, 19:56 (Ref:81238)   #15
Speed
Veteran

Panama
Panama, Rep. of Panama
Speed should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by RT
Passes like the one in Brazil seldom are more than good photo ops. Juan is used to this kind of restart/yellow flag/safety car, etc from CART. F1 does not have so much of it and drivers can get caught flat footed by CART-like tactics.
CART-like tactics ?!?!?!... Ask JT and OP

Last edited by Speed; 16 Apr 2001 at 19:57.
Old 16 Apr 2001, 20:45 (Ref:81257)   #16
Kenny W.
Racer

Kenny W. should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
It's just he same old bull going round again.
Just compare with the "I'm not worried about DC, Mika's the one to beat" speech last week.
Old 17 Apr 2001, 02:07 (Ref:81363)   #17
Sonatrap
Racer

Sonatrap should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
RT

What did you make of the way he shot by Truli? Not bad, eh.

Tags
jpm