Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > ACO Regulated Series

Old 15 Dec 2017, 11:06 (Ref:3787201)   #1701
knighty
Veteran

England
Essex
knighty should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridknighty should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
PMSL if that happens!!!.......I literally pity Toyota and am willing them on to win LeMans in 2018, everyone loves a tryer and good on them for keep coming back, the could have quit a long time ago but didnt.

I dont think any non-KERS privateer will be able to hold a candle to Toyota, so some sort of reliability issue or accident would need to happen to facilitate a privateer win......which could easily happen, as it nearly did this year!
Old 15 Dec 2017, 12:38 (Ref:3787230)   #1702
Deleted
Veteran

Deleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
They don't have to supply anyone as ACO/FIA is desperate for OEM money and corporate guests to fill their gigantic V.I.P lounges at Le Mans. That's why they'll grant as many entries as the factories wish in PRO (sadly) and kill off LMP2s

Anyway... yeah I remember those Rebellion watches costing a million, so those prices couple posts above are literally pennies in comparison
Old 15 Dec 2017, 18:25 (Ref:3787296)   #1703
TF110
Veteran

United States
TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!
The Porsche v4 works only with an ers-h unit. And it doesn't look like the V6 engine is even finished. I don't think Rebellion will use a Porsche engine, highly unlikely imo.
Old 15 Dec 2017, 18:28 (Ref:3787297)   #1704
Akrapovic
Veteran

Scotland
Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!
GG did say that it was probably going to be the NA unit, so that would discount the Porsche hybrid and the AER. The Nissan is a turbo as well. Looks more like Mecachrome or Gibson then. But that's not confirmed yet.

TF110 is quite right that the Oreca is ballasted up. If they manage to keep the weight down then it'll help.
Old 15 Dec 2017, 18:38 (Ref:3787299)   #1705
canaglia
Veteran

canaglia should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridcanaglia should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Akrapovic View Post
GG did say that it was probably going to be the NA unit, so that would discount the Porsche hybrid and the AER. The Nissan is a turbo as well. Looks more like Mecachrome or Gibson then. But that's not confirmed yet.

TF110 is quite right that the Oreca is ballasted up. If they manage to keep the weight down then it'll help.

oreca, dallara and ligier lmp2 reach lmp2 reg. min. weight of 930kg only with ballast. Of course these cars are lighter than that.
Cadillac dpi is overweighted because uses an heavier engine (maybe transmission too is different and heavier).

To me is quite unlikely that private lmp1 will be able to weight about 840kg, of course have a NA engine helps a lot with that.
Old 15 Dec 2017, 19:39 (Ref:3787309)   #1706
Victor_RO
Veteran

Romania
Cluj-Napoca, Romania
Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!
Quote:

Mecachrome is a turbo engine. Still fingers crossed for a return of the Judd V10...
Old 15 Dec 2017, 20:12 (Ref:3787314)   #1707
TF110
Veteran

United States
TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!

Quote:
Originally Posted by canaglia View Post
oreca, dallara and ligier lmp2 reach lmp2 reg. min. weight of 930kg only with ballast. Of course these cars are lighter than that.
Cadillac dpi is overweighted because uses an heavier engine (maybe transmission too is different and heavier).

To me is quite unlikely that private lmp1 will be able to weight about 840kg, of course have a NA engine helps a lot with that.
Were you around here when the Rebellion R-One was running? There was a discussion about that car (an Oreca btw) with Bart Hayden saying that they could run the car under 800kg if the rules allowed them to. In fact, doing a little digging and you can see that the Rebellion R-One ran at 800kg 3 years ago after the 2014 LM24 race http://sportscar365.com/lemans/wec/p...ges-confirmed/
Old 15 Dec 2017, 20:12 (Ref:3787315)   #1708
Akrapovic
Veteran

Scotland
Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Victor_RO View Post
Mecachrome is a turbo engine. Still fingers crossed for a return of the Judd V10...
You're quite right! I got completely confused with that one.

Judd V10 please! But I'll settle for a Gibson if needs be - it's a lovely engine!
Old 15 Dec 2017, 20:19 (Ref:3787318)   #1709
Deleted
Veteran

Deleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
The Zytek would be fine if it (albeit mildly different unit) wasn't already cartel-mandated to cover 30-40% of the grid, therefore it's the one I have least interest in seeing anywhere. Anything else would be preferable, with Judd being the most interesting one. Not the most exotic, but interesting
Old 15 Dec 2017, 20:37 (Ref:3787323)   #1710
Akrapovic
Veteran

Scotland
Well, I'd rather have the Gibson than an exploding hairdryer. Variety isn't worth it if it doesn't finish the race.

Anyone remember the odd Zenvo announcement with Rebellion back in March? Was strange because it was a technical announcement whilst they moved to LMP2. Could the engine be badged Zenvo?
Old 15 Dec 2017, 20:47 (Ref:3787327)   #1711
Deleted
Veteran

Picking something that's not the "easiest" choice doesn't automatically mean it's going to fail or be worse

However I do have to say that on paper it does makes more sense for someone like Dragonspeed to choose Zytek when all they're really going for will be reliability, since their actual pace will not be up to the others anyway

As for "variety's worth", I always curse 'variety' as being used as excuse for trying to reason what GT has become in the later years, but that's different
Old 15 Dec 2017, 21:00 (Ref:3787330)   #1712
Akrapovic
Veteran

Scotland
It depends on what the choice is. I'm not seeing many reasons to pick the AER for example. They do have quite a poor track record, unfortunately. It would add variety, but only for the 15 minutes the car ran. The other choices, cool, but not the AER right now. The Gibson is a bit samey, but it seems much more likely than the awesomeness of the Judd.

DragonSpeed I'm not sold on until we find out what is happening with Hedman and his driver ranking. We've read he will be upgraded, but then he wasn't included in the changes. So that's a waiting game on that one.
Old 15 Dec 2017, 21:18 (Ref:3787333)   #1713
TF110
Veteran

United States
Quote:
Well, I'd rather have the Gibson than an exploding hairdryer. Variety isn't worth it if it doesn't finish the race.

Anyone remember the odd Zenvo announcement with Rebellion back in March? Was strange because it was a technical announcement whilst they moved to LMP2. Could the engine be badged Zenvo?
That was on my mind as well. What happened to that? If it's still around, could that be the manufacturer never entered into Le Mans before that was being spoken about? Somehow I don't think it is, but I would like to see them still involved with Rebellion.
Old 15 Dec 2017, 23:37 (Ref:3787348)   #1714
Bentley03
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Bentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by TF110 View Post
That was on my mind as well. What happened to that? If it's still around, could that be the manufacturer never entered into Le Mans before that was being spoken about? Somehow I don't think it is, but I would like to see them still involved with Rebellion.
The plan was for them to run a Zenvo engine in 2019, but it was to be a Zenvo engine, not a rebadging of an existing unit. It has certainly gone quiet on that front since the announcement.
Old 16 Dec 2017, 22:37 (Ref:3787549)   #1715
CTD
Veteran

Denmark
Aarhus, Jylland, Denmark
CTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bentley03 View Post
The plan was for them to run a Zenvo engine in 2019, but it was to be a Zenvo engine, not a rebadging of an existing unit. It has certainly gone quiet on that front since the announcement.
As a Dane I really want to see that happen, but at the annoncement I was really sceptical of this going to happen.

Even in Denmark there have been zero information about this project.
Old 17 Dec 2017, 11:23 (Ref:3787599)   #1716
Mike E
Veteran

Mike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Seems to be some doubt over Thomas Laurent's contractual arrangements for next year.

http://sportscar365.com/lemans/wec/d...lion-contract/
Old 17 Dec 2017, 11:59 (Ref:3787611)   #1717
Akrapovic
Veteran

Scotland
Wouldn't quite call it a dispute - that suggests legal proceedings. But it looks like Thomas was doing the smart thing and playing both sides to see which was the best for him.

Interesting that JCDC were going to keep him despite the gold elevation. They clearly have silvers lined up.
Old 17 Dec 2017, 12:29 (Ref:3787614)   #1718
Bentley03
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Bentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Certainly sounds to me like he hadn't communicated his intentions to his former employer, so was maybe feeling a bit awkward about it when he spoke to David Cheng. Who knows, but he's only 19 years old. I'm guessing he just needs to go through the formality of putting pen to paper.

Thomas Laurent: “I look forward to meeting the whole team and other drivers, seeing the car and getting in it for the first time! Riding in a LMP1-category championship is a dream come true. I think the team will do everything they can to play at the forefront, so we have to live up to expectations! I can’t wait to work with experienced drivers again, as I’ve been to do all year long.”

Last edited by Bentley03; 17 Dec 2017 at 12:50.
Old 28 Dec 2017, 14:47 (Ref:3789459)   #1719
Bentley03
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Mathias Beche interview on Endurance-Info (in French):

http://www.endurance-info.com/fr/mathias-beche/

The mystery surrounding the engine supplier continues, he specifically says he cannot reveal the engine supplier in the interview. It's either going to be a 'wow' engine announcement, or a complete anticlimax, after all the secrecy.
Old 3 Jan 2018, 09:08 (Ref:3790432)   #1720
JoeW04
Veteran

JoeW04 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridJoeW04 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
https://www.motorsport.com/formula-e/news/jani-leaves-dragon-formula-e-after-hong-kong-992386/

Only took one weekend for Jani to realise how crap Formula E is, would be a bit of a bump back down to earth driving one of those things round car parks all around the world rather than the 919
Old 3 Jan 2018, 09:25 (Ref:3790434)   #1721
canaglia
Veteran

canaglia should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridcanaglia should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
well not a big surprise afterall....
Old 3 Jan 2018, 23:54 (Ref:3790546)   #1722
carbsmith
Veteran

carbsmith is going for a new lap record!carbsmith is going for a new lap record!carbsmith is going for a new lap record!carbsmith is going for a new lap record!carbsmith is going for a new lap record!carbsmith is going for a new lap record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeW04 View Post
https://www.motorsport.com/formula-e/news/jani-leaves-dragon-formula-e-after-hong-kong-992386/

Only took one weekend for Jani to realise how crap Formula E is, would be a bit of a bump back down to earth driving one of those things round car parks all around the world rather than the 919
You mean how crap Dragon is. Independent teams don't have a hope in Formula E anymore, let alone ones that couldn't survive in IndyCar. That car is going to be running around at the back and getting lapped all season.
Old 9 Jan 2018, 16:43 (Ref:3791572)   #1723
CTD
Veteran

Denmark
Aarhus, Jylland, Denmark
CTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bentley03 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by CTD View Post
As a Dane I really want to see that happen, but at the annoncement I was really sceptical of this going to happen.

Even in Denmark there have been zero information about this project.
According to danish Automotive industry news, the Rebellion deal is still very much in place. Zenvo has partnered up with Shell for all aspects og lubrication for the new engine.
It will be a brand new engineered engine meant for both Rebellion and Zenvo roadcars.
Old 9 Jan 2018, 16:49 (Ref:3791574)   #1724
chernaudi
Veteran

United States
Mansfield, Ohio
chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!
Any knowledge floating around how far Zenvo is with their engine program? Could we see it this season?
Old 9 Jan 2018, 16:53 (Ref:3791576)   #1725
CTD
Veteran

Denmark
Aarhus, Jylland, Denmark
Quote:
Originally Posted by chernaudi View Post
Any knowledge floating around how far Zenvo is with their engine program? Could we see it this season?
Not that I have seen, but it must be said that Zenvo is a company driven by engineers with very limited ressources (if any) on marketing/PR. I don’t expect to hear anything solid until Rebellions says more or the engine is completed.