Home Mobile Forum News Cookbook FaceBook Us T-Shirts etc.: Europe/Worldwide. eBay Motorsport Links Advertising Live Chat  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Australasian Touring Cars.


Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12 Dec 2017, 05:18 (Ref:3786474)   #31
Ospi
Veteran
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 519
Ospi should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridOspi should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by GTRMagic View Post
Absolutely. One engine spec. One price.
One reliability.
Yes one price, a higher one. And it's naive to think everyone's gets exactly the same engine, T8 already play those games.
Ospi is offline  
Quote
Old 12 Dec 2017, 06:11 (Ref:3786481)   #32
Compromised
Racer
 
Join Date: Dec 2015
Posts: 418
Compromised should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Yes I seriously doubt 8 will have the same engine as 88.

It's to be expected to be honest, you see it in F1 - Ferrari/Mercedes customers are always a little behind in regards to the engine, slowly getting updates through the season. It's only a negative when there's no option to go elsewhere. Depending on Ford/Nissan, that might not be far off
Compromised is offline  
Quote
Old 12 Dec 2017, 06:12 (Ref:3786482)   #33
Umai Naa
Veteran
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Posts: 5,690
Umai Naa should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridUmai Naa should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Triple Eight doesn't play a hand in what spec engine a customer gets from it's supplier KRE. That's between KRE and their customer base.

If you're referring to uprights, it's open slather, and wil remain that way until the catagory decides to make it a control part (long overdue).

The whole one engine supplier per manufacturer thing should've been sorted out when COTF was put in place.
Umai Naa is offline  
Quote
Old 12 Dec 2017, 07:02 (Ref:3786488)   #34
Ospi
Veteran
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 519
Ospi should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridOspi should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Umai Naa View Post
Triple Eight doesn't play a hand in what spec engine a customer gets from it's supplier KRE. That's between KRE and their customer base.
oh bless. There's a lot which can be altered with an engine independent of its hardware spec, things which with the closeness of this series can have a meaningful impact on performance, things which the teams with clout can recieve..

Last edited by Ospi; 12 Dec 2017 at 07:09.
Ospi is offline  
Quote
Old 12 Dec 2017, 08:40 (Ref:3786499)   #35
Umai Naa
Veteran
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Posts: 5,690
Umai Naa should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridUmai Naa should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
That's what money is for.

You want the latest spec parts, you pay accordingly.
Umai Naa is offline  
Quote
Old 12 Dec 2017, 18:16 (Ref:3786628)   #36
Compromised
Racer
 
Join Date: Dec 2015
Posts: 418
Compromised should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
When you can't spend your money anywhere else what's that called again?

This isn't an indictment on T8/Holden, but more on the series itself. If Ford/Nissan had more attractive futures within the series, teams could make a real choice about what they want to race. At the moment it's all "uncertainty" this and "Ford won't pay to homolagate" that juxtaposed against new bodies being tested, new engines being produced, very reliable "supplier"... Moving forward is there even a choice when it comes to manufacturer?
Compromised is offline  
Quote
Old 12 Dec 2017, 18:28 (Ref:3786630)   #37
chavez
Veteran
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Australia
The Basin, Victoria
Posts: 1,991
chavez should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridchavez should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Compromised View Post
When you can't spend your money anywhere else what's that called again?

This isn't an indictment on T8/Holden, but more on the series itself. If Ford/Nissan had more attractive futures within the series, teams could make a real choice about what they want to race. At the moment it's all "uncertainty" this and "Ford won't pay to homolagate" that juxtaposed against new bodies being tested, new engines being produced, very reliable "supplier"... Moving forward is there even a choice when it comes to manufacturer?
Supercars need to distance themselves and no longer be reliant on manufacturers.
chavez is offline  
__________________
Real race cars don't have doors.
Quote
Old 12 Dec 2017, 20:38 (Ref:3786660)   #38
Compromised
Racer
 
Join Date: Dec 2015
Posts: 418
Compromised should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by chavez View Post
Supercars need to distance themselves and no longer be reliant on manufacturers.
Would be ideal, although the T8/Holden deal has great potential too, especially if it was implemented series wide - if the great racing and world class drivers remained, would anybody truly care if it was a "Commodore Cup"?
Compromised is offline  
Quote
Old 12 Dec 2017, 20:43 (Ref:3786662)   #39
mayhem
Veteran
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Aruba
On that Island in LOST.
Posts: 2,694
mayhem should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridmayhem should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
What's the biggest one make sedan series in the world...?
mayhem is offline  
__________________
The Jerk Store rang...
Quote
Old 13 Dec 2017, 01:37 (Ref:3786716)   #40
V8 Fireworks
Veteran
 
V8 Fireworks's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 1,225
V8 Fireworks should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Compromised View Post
This isn't an indictment on T8/Holden, but more on the series itself. If Ford/Nissan had more attractive futures within the series, teams could make a real choice about what they want to race. Moving forward is there even a choice when it comes to manufacturer?
The problem is simple: a lack of worthwhile return-on-investment for manufacturers!

If the ROI added up, Australian importers of various car brands would be knocking down the doors to join. They are not stupid.

Supercars need to fix this if they want to attract manufacturers!

Otherwise it is ok to have a variety of independents running different body shapes, as is the case in the BTCC.
V8 Fireworks is offline  
Quote
Old 13 Dec 2017, 02:22 (Ref:3786726)   #41
Umai Naa
Veteran
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Posts: 5,690
Umai Naa should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridUmai Naa should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Compromised View Post
When you can't spend your money anywhere else what's that called again?
Suppliers to the catagory are largely sought through a tender process.

In the case of the ZB Commodore, Triple Eight are the custodians of the Supercar IP with regards to the appearance of the racecar, and the componentry which achieves the desired look. This was Holden's decision, and Supercars backed it. Same goes for the engines.

As time goes on, the market may open up to allow perhaps another party to carry out the servicing and maintenance of the V6TT, likewise the production of the body parts that aren't a genuine GM item.

I recall a time, in the early days of COTF, where only a select few teams were allowed to produce the chassis. Initially, GRM and BJR weren't included. They've probably built more chassis in recent times than anyone else.
Umai Naa is offline  
Quote
Old 9 Jan 2018, 20:11 (Ref:3791620)   #42
billy bleach
Racer
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Ireland
Dublin
Posts: 488
billy bleach should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by mayhem View Post
What's the biggest one make sedan series in the world...?
Ferrari Challenge!
billy bleach is offline  
Quote
Old 9 Jan 2018, 20:12 (Ref:3791621)   #43
billy bleach
Racer
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Ireland
Dublin
Posts: 488
billy bleach should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Umai Naa View Post
Suppliers to the catagory are largely sought through a tender process.

In the case of the ZB Commodore, Triple Eight are the custodians of the Supercar IP with regards to the appearance of the racecar, and the componentry which achieves the desired look. This was Holden's decision, and Supercars backed it. Same goes for the engines.

As time goes on, the market may open up to allow perhaps another party to carry out the servicing and maintenance of the V6TT, likewise the production of the body parts that aren't a genuine GM item.

I recall a time, in the early days of COTF, where only a select few teams were allowed to produce the chassis. Initially, GRM and BJR weren't included. They've probably built more chassis in recent times than anyone else.

Or DJR!
billy bleach is offline  
Quote
Old 9 Jan 2018, 20:53 (Ref:3791622)   #44
Umai Naa
Veteran
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Posts: 5,690
Umai Naa should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridUmai Naa should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
DJR still doesn't build their own chassis. They're all built by Pace.
Umai Naa is offline  
Quote
Old 9 Jan 2018, 21:57 (Ref:3791627)   #45
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club
 
GTRMagic's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Australia
Sell me this pen....
Posts: 43,782
GTRMagic is going for a new world record!GTRMagic is going for a new world record!GTRMagic is going for a new world record!GTRMagic is going for a new world record!GTRMagic is going for a new world record!GTRMagic is going for a new world record!GTRMagic is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by billy bleach View Post
Ferrari Challenge!
Or Carrera Cup..
GTRMagic is offline  
__________________
“Sharks are born swimming sir” - Miss Lovenko, Tower Heist the movie
Quote
Reply

Bookmarks




Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
[Tech Issue] Off throttle blowing. Marbot Formula One 10 25 Nov 2011 23:38
The new VE Commodore-Another Holden Race Winner !! HDTLE Road Car Forum 19 10 Apr 2006 17:39
Horn Blowing.... Mags Sportscar & GT Racing 4 5 Jul 2004 12:23
Holden Commodore Trouble Codes Amaroo Park Road Car Forum 4 15 May 2003 09:44


Powered by vBadvanced CMPS v3.2.3

All times are GMT. The time now is 20:31.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.9
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Original Website Copyright © 1998-2003 Craig Antil. All Rights Reserved.
Ten-Tenths Motorsport Forums Copyright © 2004-2018 Royalridge Computing. All Rights Reserved.