Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Australasian Touring Cars.

Old 4 Nov 2018, 03:34 (Ref:3860894)   #76
Mixer
Veteran

Mixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
I dunno what DJRTP are whining about, the wiggle room is hard coded into the rule.

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk
Old 4 Nov 2018, 03:53 (Ref:3860897)   #77
JAFA851
Veteran

New Zealand
JAFA851 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mixer View Post
I dunno what DJRTP are whining about, the wiggle room is hard coded into the rule.

Exactly, and it's been ruled as such several times perviously.
Old 4 Nov 2018, 04:31 (Ref:3860899)   #78
Jam3s
Racer

Jam3s should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by JAFA851 View Post
Exactly, and it's been ruled as such several times perviously.
Then don't write the regulations with a clarity clause that is blatantly ignored, write them to state the full rotation aspect.

Anyway SM responds in the best way possible today.
Old 4 Nov 2018, 04:44 (Ref:3860900)   #79
Razor
10-10ths official Trekkie
Veteran

Australia
Behind the wheel
Razor should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridRazor should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridRazor should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Scotty Mac gets the JR Trophy!!! Couldn't go to a more deserving young lad.
Old 4 Nov 2018, 04:47 (Ref:3860901)   #80
mayhem
Veteran

Aruba
On that Island in LOST.
mayhem should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridmayhem should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Where did he park in parc ferme?
Old 4 Nov 2018, 05:43 (Ref:3860907)   #81
JAFA851
Veteran

New Zealand
JAFA851 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Way over, left more room than normal. But Shane was was well out of the car anyway because Scotty had been doing burnouts and climbing the fence ala Castroneves. So moot point.
Old 4 Nov 2018, 05:58 (Ref:3860908)   #82
Jam3s
Racer

Jam3s should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by mayhem View Post
Respectfully.
Old 4 Nov 2018, 07:02 (Ref:3860911)   #83
Mixer
Veteran

Mixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jam3s View Post
Respectfully.
If anybody actually looked at the photos of all angles from the end of the race yesterday, both cars drove directly to the position cards someone had put there, but there is like half a car width between Scotty Mac's car and Chaz' car, and not much room on the other side of SVG's car.
Old 4 Nov 2018, 07:18 (Ref:3860913)   #84
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
While #1 forgot to go to the Parc Ferme presentation area and got fined for the indiscretion
“Everybody Lies” - Dr Gregory House
Old 4 Nov 2018, 07:56 (Ref:3860914)   #85
Armco Bender
Llama Assassin and Sheep Botherer
Veteran

New Zealand
International Sheep Ambassador
Armco Bender is going for a new world record!Armco Bender is going for a new world record!Armco Bender is going for a new world record!Armco Bender is going for a new world record!Armco Bender is going for a new world record!Armco Bender is going for a new world record!Armco Bender is going for a new world record!
That was a good days racing,most enjoyable.
F5000's were the cream on the cake.
Old 4 Nov 2018, 09:04 (Ref:3860920)   #86
Razor
10-10ths official Trekkie
Veteran

Australia
Behind the wheel
Razor should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridRazor should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridRazor should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid

Great to see Jase's parents David and Pauline at the round supporting the legacy of their son.
Old 4 Nov 2018, 13:05 (Ref:3860936)   #87
Phillip Ireland
Rookie

Phillip Ireland should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Armco Bender View Post
That was a good days racing,most enjoyable.

Rather unfortunate their Sunday 15-lapper was amended to run about 5 minutes as a result of the Porsche crash, when the Toyota 86s ran for 15 mins. But hey, they didn't waste the opportunity to get out and blow everyone's minds. Great stuff.
Old 4 Nov 2018, 13:53 (Ref:3860937)   #88
mayhem
Veteran

Aruba
On that Island in LOST.
mayhem should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridmayhem should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Stanaway Saturday:
Quote:
“There’s also no parity either,” he continued.
“Guys are pulling four, five car lengths on the straights, so you can’t really race when it doesn’t even feel you’re in the same category.
Stanaway Sunday:
Quote:
"Stoked to have made it into my first ever top 10 shootout today!"
Parity takes 24 hours apparently...
Old 4 Nov 2018, 14:05 (Ref:3860938)   #89
E.B
Veteran

United Kingdom
About 7kms East of Albert Park Melbourne
E.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Armco Bender View Post
Ken Smith continues to amaze come rain or shine.
Old 4 Nov 2018, 20:09 (Ref:3860958)   #90
Average Punter
Veteran

Australia
a drug store in Wagga
Average Punter should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridAverage Punter should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridAverage Punter should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Skaifey caused most of the aggro because his quote of the rules was out of context. The clause he read out was this...

11.8.8.1 Where the S&TD grants such approval, the wheels must stop rotating prior to the Car being lowered to the ground. For the sake of clarity, the wheels must not be
rotating while the Car is being lowered to the ground.

The bit about the "clarity" relates to a single specific situation in which the S&TD has allowed a car's wheels to spin due to some technical malfunction. In that single specific situation, the wheels must stop spinning before being lowered.

In all other situations, full rotation rule applies.
The wheel didn't complete a full rotation so no penalty.
Box on...
Punters Beer Fest. Indy 02, Clipsal 03, Winton 04, Paperclip 05, Darwin 06, Oran Park 07, Phillip Island 08, Sandown 09, Townsville 10, Symmons 11, Eastern Creek 12, Winton 13. Townsville 14. Paperclip 15, Sandown 16, Symmons 17, PI 18, The Bend 19
Old 4 Nov 2018, 21:06 (Ref:3860973)   #91
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Average Punter View Post
Skaifey caused most of the aggro because his quote of the rules was out of context. The clause he read out was this...

11.8.8.1 Where the S&TD grants such approval, the wheels must stop rotating prior to the Car being lowered to the ground. For the sake of clarity, the wheels must not be
rotating while the Car is being lowered to the ground.

The bit about the "clarity" relates to a single specific situation in which the S&TD has allowed a car's wheels to spin due to some technical malfunction. In that single specific situation, the wheels must stop spinning before being lowered.

In all other situations, full rotation rule applies.
The wheel didn't complete a full rotation so no penalty.
Box on...
It created eyeballs on screens..
“Everybody Lies” - Dr Gregory House
Old 4 Nov 2018, 23:25 (Ref:3860986)   #92
chavez
Veteran

Australia
The Basin, Victoria
chavez should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridchavez should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridchavez should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Somewhat buried under the Rotation-gate controversy was Schenken's warning to the marshals trying to recover Coulthards cars during the Saturday race, to seek shelter behind their rescue vehicles because drivers were not slowing down under Safety Car conditions.

Crompton picked this up in the commentary and while that is no guarantee anything will change at least it is starting to get a little bit of airtime.

What is the point of the safety car if drivers do not slow down sufficiently to reduce the hazard of people on the circuit to an acceptable level of risk?

And what is stopping the introduction of a minimum lap time under Safety Car conditions (as per Formula One) to reduce this risk to an acceptable level?
Old 5 Nov 2018, 01:52 (Ref:3861018)   #93
M91
Rookie

M91 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridM91 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by chavez View Post
Somewhat buried under the Rotation-gate controversy was Schenken's warning to the marshals trying to recover Coulthards cars during the Saturday race, to seek shelter behind their rescue vehicles because drivers were not slowing down under Safety Car conditions.

Crompton picked this up in the commentary and while that is no guarantee anything will change at least it is starting to get a little bit of airtime.

What is the point of the safety car if drivers do not slow down sufficiently to reduce the hazard of people on the circuit to an acceptable level of risk?

And what is stopping the introduction of a minimum lap time under Safety Car conditions (as per Formula One) to reduce this risk to an acceptable level?
Noticed that as well. I think a minimum sector time needs to be enforced like F1 has under double-yellow conditions. The speed that the drivers were doing past the accident was moronic.
Old 5 Nov 2018, 06:48 (Ref:3861045)   #94
fomoco
Veteran

Australia
Bris Vages southside
fomoco should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridfomoco should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by mayhem View Post
Where he wants to, he doesn't suffer from LDS.
(Van grubergun, My D's bigger than yours)
had respect for him once, even met him at an open day.
Sad he has lowered his standards
Old 5 Nov 2018, 06:52 (Ref:3861046)   #95
Mixer
Veteran

Both Scott and Shane parked right on the cards that were placed there, should we really be complaining to the idiot that put the centre one in the wrong place? Look at the photos. You could park a truck there Chaz's car is.

Old 5 Nov 2018, 07:18 (Ref:3861049)   #96
on_to_it
Veteran

New Zealand
New Zealand
on_to_it has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Umai Naa View Post
The rule is that the wheel can't do more than a FULL rotation.
Quote me the rule because I have the Manual open right in front of me.
Old 5 Nov 2018, 07:31 (Ref:3861051)   #97
Mixer
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by on_to_it View Post
Quote me the rule because I have the Manual open right in front of me.
The section and wording is quoted here:
https://www.supercars.com/news/champ...tp-protests-2/

Quote:
Consistent with previous determinations of the DRD, when investigating if a breach of Rule D11.8.8 has occurred, the rear wheels must complete in excess of one full revolution for the imposition of a penalty to be recommended to the Stewards.

“As this did not occur the matter does not warrant being referred to the Stewards.”
Old 5 Nov 2018, 08:09 (Ref:3861053)   #98
on_to_it
Veteran

New Zealand
New Zealand
on_to_it has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Quote:
The section and wording is quoted here:
https://www.supercars.com/news/champ...tp-protests-2/
That is NOT in the rules. You are quoting the decision, and I'm suggesting the decision is flawed. Show me anywhere in the rules that says "one full rotation of the wheels" is the difference between a penalty and no penalty. Why have a rule book if the officials are going to make it up on-the-fly?
Old 5 Nov 2018, 08:12 (Ref:3861054)   #99
fomoco
Veteran

Australia
Bris Vages southside
fomoco should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridfomoco should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Both Scott and Shane parked right on the cards that were placed there, should we really be complaining to the idiot that put the centre one in the wrong place? Look at the photos. You could park a truck there Chaz's car is.

true, but maybe , just maybe a little coming sense,.
Old 5 Nov 2018, 08:44 (Ref:3861057)   #100
Mixer
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by on_to_it View Post
That is NOT in the rules. You are quoting the decision, and I'm suggesting the decision is flawed. Show me anywhere in the rules that says "one full rotation of the wheels" is the difference between a penalty and no penalty. Why have a rule book if the officials are going to make it up on-the-fly?
Quote:
According to the Supercars regulations, rule D11.8.8 reads: "During any pitstop, from the time the car leaves the ground until it returns to the ground, it is not permitted to have the clutch engaged so as to cause the rear wheels to rotate unless prior approval is given by the S&TD.

"Where the S&TD grants such approval, the wheels must stop rotating prior to the car being lowered to the ground. For the sake of clarity, the wheels must not be rotating while the car is being lowered to the ground.

"A slight movement of the rear wheels indicating the engagement of a gear will not, at the sole discretion of the S&TD, constitute the rear wheels rotating."
As per previous interpretations THIS YEAR, the above is interpreted as under one full rotation.