Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 3 Mar 2002, 20:16 (Ref:227140)   #1
Super Tourer
Subscriber
Veteran

United Kingdom
East Anglia
Super Tourer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSuper Tourer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSuper Tourer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSuper Tourer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
William's & McLaren must be sick.....

After all that effort to produce new car's McLaren & William's must be sick at the way Ferrari came with an evolution of last year's car and slaughtered the opposition.

Schumacher's margin of victory was simply huge and that's before Ferrari run their new car.....a mountain to climb for the other teams.
Old 3 Mar 2002, 20:35 (Ref:227168)   #2
Speed
Veteran

Panama
Panama, Rep. of Panama
Speed should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I think old car´s evolution is better than the new car..., I don´t know why...
Old 3 Mar 2002, 20:41 (Ref:227176)   #3
paulzinho
Veteran

Brazil
Larkfield, Kent, UK
paulzinho should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridpaulzinho should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Any news on when the new car is going to make an appearance?
Old 3 Mar 2002, 21:49 (Ref:227243)   #4
ljakse
Veteran

Serbia
Belgrade, Serbia
ljakse should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridljakse should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Yes, I'm really interested in new car's performance.
Old 3 Mar 2002, 22:00 (Ref:227259)   #5
Valve Bounce
Veteran

Australia
Home :)
Valve Bounce has been held in scrutiny for further testing
Quote:
Originally posted by paulzinho
Any news on when the new car is going to make an appearance?
Probably by Imola, 2004

On a more serious note, both Ferrari drivers admitted that the car raced in Melbourne was nothing like last year's car, so that the evolution must have been quite substantial. New engine management and engine mapping was also introduced for the engine, and I think that the only way for the others to beat Ferrari is with better performing tyres. It was mentioned yesterday that hte Michelin was not all that suited by hte cool conditions so we will have to wait a couple of weeks to see how the Michelins perform at Sepang. Then, of course, there is every chance of a thunderstorm there. Early indications are that the F2001 is actually a better car than the opponents' machinery.
Old 3 Mar 2002, 22:01 (Ref:227260)   #6
Mania
Veteran

Mania should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I think the Williams put in a great performance, actually. The Michelins dont suit Australia and they rarely do well on low grip circuits which is what we had in Australia. If Ralf didnt have the accident - he would have taken the lead and he had the pace to win it or come close. Montoya proved that the car was fast and reliable all the way through. So I think Williams should be pretty happy - all they need is for Michelin to work on a better tyre for low grip circuits and wet tracks and they should be up there with Ferrari. I think the losers in all this are Mclaren. All those lap records they broke during winter testing can pretty much be down to low fuel and new tyres because if they supposedly so quick then they should have been further up than they were at the end.

Ferraris new car will certainly be better but I think they may get into trouble if they do not bring the car to Malaysia. Malaysia and Brazil should suit the BMW Williams and Ferraris old car will not look so good as it did yesterday.
Old 3 Mar 2002, 22:06 (Ref:227267)   #7
Alan Jones
Veteran

Alan Jones should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
The start of the season is always the time to sit back and wait before making too many outrageous claims. Ferrari look the goods at the moment but we need another couple of races before we right everyone else off for the season.Apart from Ralf that is!!!
Old 3 Mar 2002, 22:08 (Ref:227270)   #8
Valve Bounce
Veteran

Australia
Home :)
Valve Bounce has been held in scrutiny for further testing
I think there was something wrong with DC's car from the word go, and it just got worse. He kept running off on the same corner as a result. I think that the way the computer manages the TC and the diff, plus the gears requires a lot of fine tuning. I also heard for the first time that it is permissable for the cars to be adjusted from the pits via the intercom. The opportunities for sabotage here are endless.
Old 3 Mar 2002, 22:09 (Ref:227274)   #9
Mania
Veteran

Mania should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by Valve Bounce
The opportunities for sabotage here are endless.
Hmmm. F1 Hackers That should give Ron something else to be paranoid about !
Old 4 Mar 2002, 03:18 (Ref:227445)   #10
Lee Janotta
Veteran

Lee Janotta should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Looked like the big difference was in the tires... We really can't tell without Reubens having been out there during the race to see if it was TGF or the car, but Trulli was able to hold off Michael for a while, Montoya passed him (very Gilles Villeneuve, to my eye) and was able to hold him off for a good long time... I'm inclined to think the Michelins just turn to absolute garbage when they get hot... Schumi was the only driver on Bridgestones to finish, so again it's impossible to get a clean comparison. I hope the Michelin engineers and chemists are working some very late hours to catch up, if this is the problem.