Home Mobile Forum News Cookbook FaceBook Us T-Shirts etc.: Europe/Worldwide. eBay Motorsport Links Advertising  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Classic Cars Monthly Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Historic Racing & Motorsport History > Historic Racing Today

CMMC CADWELL
Calendar: Historic Racing
Mike Bell  
26 Jul 2020
*The times shown may change, depending on DST settings

CMMC ‘Classic and Modern’ Raceday.

Old 26 Jul 2020, 15:13 (Ref:3990879)   #16
Lancsbreaker
Veteran

England
Padiham, Lancashire
Lancsbreaker should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridLancsbreaker should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridLancsbreaker should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
And a third place finish for Brian, and a class win

Well done!
Old 26 Jul 2020, 20:28 (Ref:3990920)   #17
JasperClan
Racer

United Kingdom
Benwick
JasperClan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridJasperClan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Didn't appear in the race due to the large holes that appeared in either side of the block during practice on lap 4. Absolutely gutted. Good weather and racing along with a fair number of 'visitors'

Pete Richards.
Old 27 Jul 2020, 06:19 (Ref:3990954)   #18
coppice
Veteran

Australia
Thirsk, North Yorkshire
coppice has a real shot at the championship!coppice has a real shot at the championship!coppice has a real shot at the championship!coppice has a real shot at the championship!coppice has a real shot at the championship!
I was standing just above you when the Clan let go - very audibly and visibly. It had smoked a little on laps 1 and 2 , by lap 3 it had stopped and the car seemed to be going well . Hope you get sorted again - nil desperandum and all that .

Lovely day out - circuit looked terrific and a real credit to all involved at MSV .
Old 27 Jul 2020, 11:09 (Ref:3991011)   #19
Brian A
Racer

England
Sunny West Sussex
Brian A should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Thoroughly enjoyed my return to Cadwell. Not been there since 2010 and it took a little while to re-familiarise myself with the circuit.

Towards the end of practice I was on a demon lap until I overcooked the run into The Gooseneck, would have expected to be higher up the grid if it wasn't for that......(number 3 in list of driver excuses)

Much better in the race and during the second half was engrossed in a battle with the Lister Jaguar of Eike Wellhausen for second overall. I did manage to get past him on the run up to Gooseneck and held him off for a while until the outright grunt of the Jaguar engine eventually succeeded. Goliath beat David on this occasion.

Speaking with him afterwards, he was running a new engine which was clearly not fully on-song as he should have disappeared into the distance (excuse no. 7). But we had a little reminisce as I remember racing against him in the 1980s with the same car (the Lister that is - I was in an XK).

The winning XJS of Nick Strong was on a difference planet and simply led from lights to flag.

This was in fact a combined grid of two races and I was pleasantly surprised when I sent my wife off to see if I was eligible for a trophy for 3rd overall (I was loading the trailer at the time - excuse no. 5), only to receive a winner's trophy for the Classic Era Challenge Race.
Old 27 Jul 2020, 11:50 (Ref:3991015)   #20
justracing
Subscriber
Veteran

United Kingdom
West Sussex
justracing should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridjustracing should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Well done, beautiful car.
Old 27 Jul 2020, 17:04 (Ref:3991085)   #21
Lancsbreaker
Veteran

England
Padiham, Lancashire
Lancsbreaker should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridLancsbreaker should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridLancsbreaker should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Desperately sorry for Peter - so much effort into keeping the Clan competitive, with so much grief....

Well done again, Brian - not sure I've ever really got the hang of the Gooseneck - always seems to be a bit of a surprise when it arrives