Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Barn Finds > ChampCar World Series

Old 28 Sep 2006, 15:15 (Ref:1722157)   #1
luke
Veteran

England
West Sussex, England
luke should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridluke should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Carroll, Briscoe & Bremer in shoot out at RuSPORT

As mentioned in another thread, I felt it deserved its own. Autosport magazine claim that GP2 race winner Adam Carroll, ex Toyota F1 test driver and ex IRL racer Ryan Briscoe and ex Champ Car driver Ronnie Bremer are testing at Sebring this week with a chance to drive for RuSPORT in the 2002 champion da Matta's seat who is recovering from his practice crash with the dear at Road America still. The driver who gets picked will race for the team at Surfers Paradise and Mexico City, the remaining rounds of the season.

Also da Matta is confirmed that he will drive next year in the second car for RuSPORT as long as he is fit for the opening round Las Vegas.
Old 28 Sep 2006, 20:12 (Ref:1722397)   #2
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

Knowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
I'd put my money on Adam to be honest, but it should be interesting.
Old 28 Sep 2006, 20:35 (Ref:1722412)   #3
flexible-flyer
Veteran

Northern Ireland
the british isles/ireland/ze vorrrld
flexible-flyer should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
briscoe has the edge on experience. and im sure both him and the team are aware that another aussie on the grid just in time for surfers wouldnt hurt them, but obviously im backing carroll. simply because i think he is a better driver.

briscoe was testing today i think. when is carroll out? tomorrow?
Old 28 Sep 2006, 21:32 (Ref:1722440)   #4
marcus
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

Australia
Australia
marcus has a real shot at the podium!marcus has a real shot at the podium!marcus has a real shot at the podium!marcus has a real shot at the podium!
gee now im at a loss

I'd love to see all 3 of them in the seat...........

I guess because Im an aussie I have to go for Briscoe , but Bremer was good last year just needs seat time and adam carroll would be awesome.

Can wait to see who gets it
Old 28 Sep 2006, 21:33 (Ref:1722441)   #5
luke
Veteran

England
West Sussex, England
luke should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridluke should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I hope other team personal are present so they can snatch up who doesn't get the ride as I agree with you marcus and I'm sure most people would like to see all three racing here in '07.
Old 28 Sep 2006, 22:55 (Ref:1722478)   #6
Hazard
Veteran

United Kingdom
United Kingdom
Hazard should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridHazard should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridHazard should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Bremer would be their best bet 'generally', but for PR and circuit awareness (?), Briscoe would probably be the better choice at least for Surfers - and chopping and changing's not good really just for Mexico.

I can't see Carroll getting it but I'd be happy to be wrong.
Old 28 Sep 2006, 23:16 (Ref:1722488)   #7
mac
Veteran

mac should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridmac should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridmac should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
My money's always on Briscoe.
Old 29 Sep 2006, 04:13 (Ref:1722590)   #8
D.R.T.
Veteran

D.R.T. should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridD.R.T. should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Wheres RHR ?
Old 29 Sep 2006, 05:11 (Ref:1722609)   #9
Fiorentina 1
Veteran

United States
Calabasas Hills, California
Fiorentina 1 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridFiorentina 1 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I vote for Adam Carroll, but with a race in Australia in the cards, and his experience in Indy Cars, I think Briscoe will get the ride.
Old 29 Sep 2006, 08:12 (Ref:1722727)   #10
Pro Racer
Veteran

Australia
Earth
Pro Racer should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
i want ryan as then he could stay out here for the couple of weeks between bathurst and surfers and i would like to see him as i dont get to see him race much as IRL isnt on FTA TV in australia andtesting in F1 isnt a race and it is not on TV.

i would like to see him in Champ car for the rest of the season and probably next year if he cant land an F1 drive i would like to see him in a competitive F1 ride eventually though but Champ Car is good in the meantime as i am sure he would do well.
Old 29 Sep 2006, 11:51 (Ref:1722885)   #11
drewdawg727
Veteran

United States
New York
drewdawg727 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the griddrewdawg727 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
If i was RuSport, i would definitely give it to Briscoe. Briscoe is amazing on road courses when he gets a good car, and i'm pretty sure he'd do really well at RuSport for the last two road/street races.
Another plus for him is that he's Australian, and that's how Will Power got the ride at Surfer's last year, as well as David Besnard.
Old 29 Sep 2006, 12:00 (Ref:1722892)   #12
N I Tram
Veteran

N I Tram should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
All 3 drivers have obvious plus points. Bremer is proven in ChampCars, Briscoe is Australian and has shown real speed in IRL road/street races, while Carroll has the strongest overall racing CV. Briscoe is probably the most likely.

Good that da Matta feels he will return next year - I wouldn't've held it against him if he'd chosen to retire, but he could still have a couple of good years in him yet.
Old 29 Sep 2006, 12:49 (Ref:1722949)   #13
SALEEN S7R
Veteran

England
Poole, England
SALEEN S7R should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridSALEEN S7R should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridSALEEN S7R should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Personally I would go for Carroll, there is no doubting Briscoe's speed but is he any faster than Carroll? I dont think so, also Carroll has recent race experince and Briscoe doesent. Sure he has done a lot of testing but not a lot of actual racing recently.
Old 29 Sep 2006, 13:20 (Ref:1722988)   #14
D.R.T.
Veteran

D.R.T. should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridD.R.T. should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Actually Briscoe has been racing in IRL events, Grand Am events, Sandown 500 and will contest the A1 GP event this weekend, all of these in 2006. I think his racing boots are worn in.
Old 29 Sep 2006, 13:24 (Ref:1722990)   #15
SALEEN S7R
Veteran

England
Poole, England
SALEEN S7R should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridSALEEN S7R should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridSALEEN S7R should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Ah yes my mistake, im afraid though that the IRL and Grand Am dont really register on my radar much. Pretty ignorant when it comes to those series as I dont rate either series particularly highly, the level of driving talent in either series isnt as high as what you would find in GP2 or Champcar. IMO.
Old 29 Sep 2006, 13:29 (Ref:1722995)   #16
D.R.T.
Veteran

However he still has current racing experience in open wheel vehicles which will be valuable.
Old 29 Sep 2006, 16:28 (Ref:1723184)   #17
BootsOntheSide
Veteran

England
Eastbourne, England
BootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Any of them would be good, but what happened to Dario?
Old 29 Sep 2006, 16:31 (Ref:1723187)   #18
drewdawg727
Veteran

United States
New York
drewdawg727 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the griddrewdawg727 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by BootsOntheSide
Any of them would be good, but what happened to Dario?
Dario was asking too much money, so they denied him the seat.
Old 29 Sep 2006, 16:59 (Ref:1723201)   #19
luke
Veteran

England
West Sussex, England
However its still possible that Dario Franchitti could race for PKV in 2007 I believe.
Old 29 Sep 2006, 21:36 (Ref:1723361)   #20
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

Knowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Provided they can get Bill Gates to bankroll his pay cheque.
Old 29 Sep 2006, 22:16 (Ref:1723372)   #21
strider
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Middle Earth
strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by flexible-flyer
briscoe was testing today i think. when is carroll out? tomorrow?
Briscoe was actually testing the A1GP car at Zandvoort today and will be racing it over this weekend.

The announcement's a bit misleading. The tests are next Wednesday, Thursday and Friday.

Personally I'd like to see Adam Carroll get the gig, but I suppose Briscoe has more experience of the cars and, presumably, Surfers Paradise.

Da Matta will only get the drive next year if he's fit enough, which I very much hope he will be.
Old 29 Sep 2006, 22:31 (Ref:1723377)   #22
Suze
Veteran

England
Suze should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSuze should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSuze should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Franchitti's hanging around the ALMs paddock this weekend at Road Atlanta.

I'd like to see Carroll get the drive, but think it may be Briscoe sadly due to more experience - hopefully Adam may have something else up his sleeve though.
Old 30 Sep 2006, 07:23 (Ref:1723478)   #23
marcus
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

Australia
Australia
marcus has a real shot at the podium!marcus has a real shot at the podium!marcus has a real shot at the podium!marcus has a real shot at the podium!
well I can tell you Ryan Briscoe will NOT be testing next wednesday , thursday and Friday as he will be home In Australia competing in the Bathurst 1000 V8 Supercar race.

maybe he has alreadye tested ? , maybe he will test after Bathurst ? maybe he wont test at all ?
Old 30 Sep 2006, 07:28 (Ref:1723481)   #24
Russfeld
Veteran

Russfeld should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by N I Tram
while Carroll has the strongest overall racing CV. Briscoe is probably the most likely.
I would say Briscoe's CV is far better. Though I have a hunch it will go to Ronnie because they want to make Atlantics look like a place you can go to Champ Car from.
Old 30 Sep 2006, 08:38 (Ref:1723524)   #25
Pro Racer
Veteran

Australia
Earth
Pro Racer should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by marcus
well I can tell you Ryan Briscoe will NOT be testing next wednesday , thursday and Friday as he will be home In Australia competing in the Bathurst 1000 V8 Supercar race.

maybe he has alreadye tested ? , maybe he will test after Bathurst ? maybe he wont test at all ?
yes and i cant see him testing this week as he is racing A1