Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Baltic Touring Car Championship Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > WTCC & European Touring Car Series

Old 30 Sep 2022, 14:24 (Ref:4127958)   #16
Millvi
Racer

Millvi should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by redshoes View Post
Replaced by Carl Boardley, assuming he doesn't get sick again
Link to the Press Release https://www.btcc.net/2022/09/30/boar...-hatch-finale/
Old 30 Sep 2022, 14:39 (Ref:4127963)   #17
Evantra
Veteran

England
Evantra should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridEvantra should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Millvi View Post
Nothing to say about / from Powell. Not sure he'll be back next year.
Old 30 Sep 2022, 14:43 (Ref:4127964)   #18
crmalcolm
Subscriber
Veteran

Nepal
Exactly where I need to be.
crmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Millvi View Post
Interesting comment from Boardley that implies he is/was only taking 1 year away from BTCC?
Old 30 Sep 2022, 15:22 (Ref:4127968)   #19
Evantra
Veteran

England
Evantra should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridEvantra should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Evantra View Post
Nothing to say about / from Powell. Not sure he'll be back next year.
'Business commitments' via TCT.
Old 30 Sep 2022, 15:50 (Ref:4127971)   #20
SSmith
Rookie

SSmith should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by crmalcolm View Post
Interesting comment from Boardley that implies he is/was only taking 1 year away from BTCC?
That's how it sounded to me too. I thought he had announced he was retiring at the end of 2022? Maybe the racing bug has bitten again?

He does own 2 TBLs so maybe he will come back and use one of those licences for himself at Team HARD in 2023. Honestly, a potential Boardley, ATS, Thompson, and Hamilton/highest bidder lineup does not sound bad for Team HARD in 2023. If Boardley keeps and loans the other licence to Team HARD again in 2023, I guess we could see Parfitt stay and drive either a 5th CUPRA or something else.

Unless Motus One gets hold of a TBL or two, or works as a title sponsor/partner team to Team HARD, I'd be surprised to see Powell return in 2023.
Old 30 Sep 2022, 15:59 (Ref:4127975)   #21
crmalcolm
Subscriber
Veteran

Nepal
Exactly where I need to be.
crmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Boardley likes a RWD and has 2 TBLs that might be of interest to MB Motorsport?
Old 30 Sep 2022, 17:02 (Ref:4127985)   #22
SSmith
Rookie

SSmith should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by crmalcolm View Post
Boardley likes a RWD and has 2 TBLs that might be of interest to MB Motorsport?
That is a possibility. I guess the next question would be whether he would drive the 2nd MB entry were such a loan/deal to materialise? MB would probably try and buy 2 BMWs (which would leave us with 7 of the things on the grid...) and Boardley went quite well in the old BMW 125i M Sport in 2020.

[Also, apologies that this is in the Brands Hatch thread as opposed to the general 2023 thread]
Old 30 Sep 2022, 17:12 (Ref:4127986)   #23
Pickles
Veteran

Pickles should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridPickles should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I'd be very surprised to see MB go it alone, it's a huge step to set up a whole new team when they could quite easily continue as they are.
Old 30 Sep 2022, 18:12 (Ref:4127989)   #24
Sodemo
Veteran

United Kingdom
Solihull, West Mids, UK
Sodemo should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSodemo should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSodemo should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSodemo should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
I’ll be rooting for Hill seeing as Turks is practically out of it, however my guess is it will be a Sutton title.
Old 1 Oct 2022, 12:28 (Ref:4128061)   #25
Pickles
Veteran

Pickles should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridPickles should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I'm slightly surprised that Hill hasn't already wrapped it up, at times this year he's been blistering. Sutton's done his usual job of dragging a car much further up the grid than it should be, shocked at the difference in pace between him and Cammish.
Old 1 Oct 2022, 16:15 (Ref:4128105)   #26
sceptic
Veteran

sceptic should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pickles View Post
I'm slightly surprised that Hill hasn't already wrapped it up, at times this year he's been blistering. Sutton's done his usual job of dragging a car much further up the grid than it should be, shocked at the difference in pace between him and Cammish.
I don't think there should be any argument that Ash Sutton is the best BTCC driver of the last decade. Anyone who believed his previous titles were simply down to RWD advantage have been proven wrong.
Old 1 Oct 2022, 18:23 (Ref:4128163)   #27
Pickles
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by sceptic View Post
I don't think there should be any argument that Ash Sutton is the best BTCC driver of the last decade. Anyone who believed his previous titles were simply down to RWD advantage have been proven wrong.
Agreed. I'm not his biggest fan but after the first round of this year who honestly saw him leading the championship going into the final round? It's not unusual for a team to have one standout performer but he consistently does it, every year regardless of the car or his team mates. That's no coincidence.
Old 1 Oct 2022, 18:30 (Ref:4128166)   #28
Jay87
Rookie

Jay87 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
I don't think Cammish has done bad against him. If you take out the first thruxton round when he got wiped out on the first lap and then donington when his car was on fire in qualifying I think his results stack up pretty well against Sutton
Old 1 Oct 2022, 19:07 (Ref:4128190)   #29
Evantra
Veteran

England
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jay87 View Post
I don't think Cammish has done bad against him. If you take out the first thruxton round when he got wiped out on the first lap and then donington when his car was on fire in qualifying I think his results stack up pretty well against Sutton
He's had a lot of bad luck mixed in. I think he's gotten much closer through the second half of the season - Thruxton, and outqualified at Silverstone (albeit with more hybrid). Seems to drop away a bit in the races.
Old 1 Oct 2022, 21:44 (Ref:4128248)   #30
billy bleach
Veteran

Ireland
Cork
billy bleach should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridbilly bleach should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Hasn’t he waved Sutton by at least twice including a race win?