Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Baltic Touring Car Championship Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Touring Car Racing

Old 25 Sep 2022, 16:30 (Ref:4127347)   #76
Matt K
Veteran

Matt K should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridMatt K should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
There are a few names that seem magnets for problems, among them Hamilton, Parfitt, Powell and... Collard.
Old 25 Sep 2022, 16:32 (Ref:4127348)   #77
crmalcolm
Subscriber
Veteran

Nepal
Exactly where I need to be.
crmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Robshillito1990 View Post
What a surprise Collard involved yet again get him out the series.
Collard and Hand were both taking evasive action - no real blame can be put on either of them.
Old 25 Sep 2022, 16:34 (Ref:4127349)   #78
crmalcolm
Subscriber
Veteran

Nepal
crmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by porsche962fan View Post
Sutton has too much luck
You know what they say about how the most talented in sport seem to also be the luckiest.
Old 25 Sep 2022, 16:35 (Ref:4127350)   #79
porsche962fan
Veteran

porsche962fan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
and another case of NGTC fragility
Old 25 Sep 2022, 16:36 (Ref:4127351)   #80
Matt K
Veteran

Matt K should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridMatt K should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by crmalcolm View Post
You know what they say about how the most talented in sport seem to also be the luckiest.
History in motorsport (and sport in general I believe) seems to be proving it
Old 25 Sep 2022, 16:38 (Ref:4127352)   #81
crmalcolm
Subscriber
Veteran

Nepal
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt K View Post
History in motorsport (and sport in general I believe) seems to be proving it
I think Sutton takes the following advice:

"Waiting around for a lucky day probably isn’t the best use of your time, but being ready for lucky days is a worthwhile pursuit. What this means is waking up every day with a positive attitude, being optimistic, and focusing attention toward potential future opportunities. In order to be successful, you must first position yourself for success, and by doing this you will inevitably create your own “luck.”"
Old 25 Sep 2022, 16:43 (Ref:4127354)   #82
Matt K
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by crmalcolm View Post
I think Sutton takes the following advice:

"Waiting around for a lucky day probably isn’t the best use of your time, but being ready for lucky days is a worthwhile pursuit. What this means is waking up every day with a positive attitude, being optimistic, and focusing attention toward potential future opportunities. In order to be successful, you must first position yourself for success, and by doing this you will inevitably create your own “luck.”"
Exactly this

Hill is flying! Incredible. Especially as Turkington is quite struggling for pace this weekend.
Old 25 Sep 2022, 16:43 (Ref:4127355)   #83
Robshillito1990
Racer

Robshillito1990 is a back marker
Scummy Hill how exactly is he able to pull past people in a straight line easily? Absolute joke.
Old 25 Sep 2022, 16:52 (Ref:4127356)   #84
porsche962fan
Veteran

now a 3 way battle

Sutton 345
Hill 340
Tingram 338

Turkington 318
Old 25 Sep 2022, 16:55 (Ref:4127357)   #85
Matt K
Veteran

Quite interesting, will WSR make Turkington "number two" at Brands or will they allow him to fight until he has chances? More than 60 points still to grab so Colin theoretically can make it but that might hinder Hill's chances. Let alone the fact Turks' chances seem rather slim now (but it's BTCC, let's not forget )
Old 25 Sep 2022, 16:58 (Ref:4127358)   #86
porsche962fan
Veteran

no, it will Sutton the champion

and Plato won't achieve those 3 wins ...
Old 25 Sep 2022, 17:01 (Ref:4127359)   #87
Jon411
Racer

Guernsey
Jon411 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
To be fair, Jake has been racing better than Colin - Colin generally ends up with a decent set of results over the year but he just doesn't seem to go for the overtakes like Jake, Ash or Ingram do - which ok don't always pay off - but it was difference as to why Jake got back up to 4th in that last race and Colin struggled against the Cupras and Hyundais

The Hyundais have been fast in a straight line but I really feel Jake would have got past them in Race 2 and Race 3, where as Colin wasn't able to at times.

Last edited by Jon411; 25 Sep 2022 at 17:08.
Old 25 Sep 2022, 17:20 (Ref:4127361)   #88
Evantra
Veteran

England
Evantra should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridEvantra should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridEvantra should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
In the case of a tie, Ingram has the advantage of 4 wins to the other's 3 (at the moment).

Reckon it will come down to what ball comes out for R3!
Old 25 Sep 2022, 17:34 (Ref:4127363)   #89
crmalcolm
Subscriber
Veteran

Nepal
Quote:
now a 3 way battle

Sutton 345
Hill 340
Tingram 338

Turkington 318
It definitely looks that way - but this is BTCC. There is every chance that Turkington could finish R28 with 341 points.

Lights to flag wins in R28 and R29 and he will be right back in contention going into R30......

Personally - I think Sutton will be cautious in R28 and R29, Hill will throw caution to the wind and end up in battles he could have avoided and Ingram will drive two steady 'pointsy' races.

If Mr Gow is writing the script for the final now:

Sutton Q9, R28-8th and R29-7th - 362 points.
Hill Q7, R28-4th and R29-9th - 360 points.
Turkington pole, R28 and R29 wins with no FL - 361 points.
Ingram Q5, R28-6th and R29-5th - 359 points.

Final race - Reverse grid sees number 6 pulled out.
Ingram starts R30 from P2 (359pts).
Turkington starts from P6 (361pts).
Sutton starts from P7 (362pts).
Hill starts from P9 (360pts).

Sutton and Turkington know that they have to work together to get up the order and challenge Ingram. Which one blinks first and throws the other into the lions' den?

Old 25 Sep 2022, 17:58 (Ref:4127367)   #90
porsche962fan
Veteran

c'mon, you really don't belive that yourself !
Old 25 Sep 2022, 18:01 (Ref:4127368)   #91
crmalcolm
Subscriber
Veteran

Nepal
Quote:
c'mon, you really don't belive that yourself !

Old 25 Sep 2022, 18:09 (Ref:4127370)   #92
Millvi
Racer

Millvi should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Scummy Hill how exactly is he able to pull past people in a straight line easily? Absolute joke.
I’m not a Jake Hill supporter, I’d like to see Sutton or Ingram win the title, but calling Jake “Scummy Hill” is really stooping low Rob.

It’s not nice and it’s not fair and it’s unnecessary. It makes me feel very uncomfortable and you really don’t need to post in such nasty terms. You know a number of drivers do visit this forum don’t you?
Old 25 Sep 2022, 18:17 (Ref:4127373)   #93
Robshillito1990
Racer

Robshillito1990 is a back marker
Quote:
Originally Posted by Millvi View Post
I’m not a Jake Hill supporter, I’d like to see Sutton or Ingram win the title, but calling Jake “Scummy Hill” is really stooping low Rob.

It’s not nice and it’s not fair and it’s unnecessary. It makes me feel very uncomfortable and you really don’t need to post in such nasty terms. You know a number of drivers do visit this forum don’t you?
Oh stop being so soft.
Old 25 Sep 2022, 18:25 (Ref:4127377)   #94
mick bennett
Rookie

mick bennett should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Sutton claims Brands will be Ace for the Focus , i do wonder the car does'nt seem to have the last bit of edge to me.

Hill seems to have a edge everywhere?, why ?. One day, he will have a horrendous accident.

Ingram smiles and remains mainly anoymous and shrewd.

T nope !!!. Backs out of overtakes 90% or more of the time , and far too cautious when in the scrum with the slower drivers/cars, and today looked what happended not for the first time.
Knockhill this year he overtook and/or was challenged by Hill , he meekly gave the place back or let him pass at least twice during the three races.

Ash for Champion again !!

Watching it on the box, there seemed a very small crowd present ? Grandstands half empty.

Last edited by mick bennett; 25 Sep 2022 at 18:42.
Old 25 Sep 2022, 18:45 (Ref:4127382)   #95
auroan
Veteran

auroan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
and another case of NGTC fragility

Its like a broken record on repeat. Every time you raise this we have to explain to you it's actually by design. TOCA technical want some of the components to break easier than others. This reduces costs for replacement and saves much more expensive parts from being damaged.

It also acts as a deterrent to drivers.... as they can end their own successful weekend (i.e. DNF, then back of the grid) by smashing into others with obnoxious driving.

But this just doesn't seem to sink in with you. If you want banger racing... go watch the ovals.
Old 25 Sep 2022, 18:47 (Ref:4127383)   #96
porsche962fan
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by auroan View Post

Its like a broken record on repeat. Every time you raise this we have to explain to you it's actually by design. TOCA technical want some of the components to break easier than others. This reduces costs for replacement and saves much more expensive parts from being damaged.

It also acts as a deterrent to drivers.... as they can end their own successful weekend (i.e. DNF, then back of the grid) by smashing into others with obnoxious driving.

But this just doesn't seem to sink in with you. If you want banger racing... go watch the ovals.
would you tell that to turkington's face right now ?
Old 25 Sep 2022, 19:08 (Ref:4127390)   #97
Jon411
Racer

Guernsey
Jon411 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Have just seen Turks had no hybrid available for Race 3 (don't know how much of Race 2 he was missing it for also).
Old 25 Sep 2022, 19:13 (Ref:4127393)   #98
BTCC frog
Veteran

BTCC frog is going for a new world record!BTCC frog is going for a new world record!BTCC frog is going for a new world record!BTCC frog is going for a new world record!BTCC frog is going for a new world record!BTCC frog is going for a new world record!
With seven points between the top three, the championship is set up absolutely beautifully for the final race, although I really hope it isn't decided by a race three draw. I do feel sorry for Turkington but to be honest I think Sutton, Hill and Ingram have been a cut above him this season in general and would be more deserving of the title. I have thought for some time now that it would be between Sutton and Hill to win it, but I will be supporting Tom Ingram at Brands Hatch, as I feel he really deserves one after all these years of being at the sharp end.

Also, if Ash Sutton wins the title I believe he would be the first driver ever to do it in both front-wheel-drive and rear-wheel-drive machinery.
Old 25 Sep 2022, 19:17 (Ref:4127394)   #99
billy bleach
Veteran

Ireland
Cork
billy bleach should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridbilly bleach should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Oh dear - how grown up
Old 25 Sep 2022, 19:30 (Ref:4127400)   #100
Sodemo
Veteran

United Kingdom
Solihull, West Mids, UK
Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!
Hill has had the car under him more than Turks this year, not sure why. Also it seems TOCA has engineered the BMWs straight line speed advantage out now well and truly. If people recall when the 3 series was first introduced it was very near the top of the speed traps due to its slippery shape, now it often languishes in mid to low areas of the timesheets, I think this really shows at Silverstone, true that this year the hybrid skews that angle somewhat, but I think if you are knocked off in race 1 and then are forced to race the next two races with poor straight line speed, you aren’t going to get very far up the pack.