Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 17 Oct 2012, 20:39 (Ref:3153545)   #51
Flavio Galtieri
Veteran

European Union
Modena
Flavio Galtieri should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridFlavio Galtieri should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridFlavio Galtieri should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paradise City View Post
"Saward, Saward, Saward" is your mantra. Whilst I see bias, I don't see 'a war of attrition'.
Well if all you can do is nothing other than repeating your insults we won't really get the debate moving any further on will we?

I'm happy to agree to differ, let's see how it all pans out.
Old 18 Oct 2012, 03:37 (Ref:3153670)   #52
Armco Bender
Llama Assassin and Sheep Botherer
Veteran

New Zealand
International Sheep Ambassador
Armco Bender is going for a new world record!Armco Bender is going for a new world record!Armco Bender is going for a new world record!Armco Bender is going for a new world record!Armco Bender is going for a new world record!Armco Bender is going for a new world record!Armco Bender is going for a new world record!
Quote:
GMR Hyderabad International Airport Ltd (GHIAL) on Wednesday withdrew a cheque bounce case filed against Vijay Mallya-promoted Kingfisher Airlines (KFA) in a court in Hyderabad after the airline agreed to pay the outstanding amount due to it.
prisons off...but looks like he's sold most of the silverware to stay afloat,other people have the controlling interests in Force Indias future now.
Old 18 Oct 2012, 11:58 (Ref:3153817)   #53
Marbot
Retired
20KPINAL

United Kingdom
Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!
Mallya pays up.

http://www.gpupdate.net/en/f1-news/2...ding-payments/
Old 19 Oct 2012, 10:11 (Ref:3154273)   #54
Paradise City
Veteran

Bhutan
Dublin
Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flavio Galtieri View Post
Well if all you can do is nothing other than repeating your insults we won't really get the debate moving any further on will we?

I'm happy to agree to differ, let's see how it all pans out.
It's criticism. Saward's bias is not in dispute. That Saward's has been ordered to attack Mallya is an outrageous leap. Force India is threatened with serious financial instability. Now they may still be able to retrieve the situation but Saward's has been vindicated re. Force India.
Old 19 Oct 2012, 10:41 (Ref:3154291)   #55
Flavio Galtieri
Veteran

European Union
Modena
Flavio Galtieri should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridFlavio Galtieri should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridFlavio Galtieri should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paradise City View Post
It's criticism. Saward's bias is not in dispute. That Saward's has been ordered to attack Mallya is an outrageous leap. Force India is threatened with serious financial instability. Now they may still be able to retrieve the situation but Saward's has been vindicated re. Force India.
Personally, if anyone is "vindicated" I would say it's Bob Fearnley. Other than that we don't disagree on much.

Looking at yesterday's Autosport, Force India are recruiting quite heavily, and the ad deadline was well after the arrest warrant was issued. In other words easily cancelled had the paid-for doom mongering had it's desired effect.

Of course it might still go pear shaped for them, I hope it doesn't, but I just find it unpleasant when I see such obvious "plants" being taken up as fact by some sections of the media. I'd feel the same if he'd tried to do the same to HRT or Marussia but obviously he hasn't been given those instructions yet.
Old 19 Oct 2012, 13:18 (Ref:3154362)   #56
davyboy
Veteran

davyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Personally, if anyone is "vindicated" I would say it's Bob Fearnley.
I'm not sure he has (yet). As far as we know, FI is still almost totally reliant on highly unstable financial backing. Placing recruitment ads in Autosport doesn't really mean anything within this context. If he's to be vindicated, he needs to affirm that FI are no longer financially dependent on the Mallya/Sahara organizations, otherwise many people [including us] will continue to speculate.
Old 19 Oct 2012, 17:27 (Ref:3154464)   #57
Paradise City
Veteran

Bhutan
Dublin
Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Personally, if anyone is "vindicated" I would say it's Bob Fearnley. Other than that we don't disagree on much.

Looking at yesterday's Autosport, Force India are recruiting quite heavily, and the ad deadline was well after the arrest warrant was issued. In other words easily cancelled had the paid-for doom mongering had it's desired effect.

Of course it might still go pear shaped for them, I hope it doesn't, but I just find it unpleasant when I see such obvious "plants" being taken up as fact by some sections of the media. I'd feel the same if he'd tried to do the same to HRT or Marussia but obviously he hasn't been given those instructions yet.
Placing recruitment ads could just as easily to be an inexpensive way of dissipating negative flak. The negativity is a real consequence of court decisions made against FI and are a matter of public record. It's not a death sentence for FI - turn around is quite possible - but these are notable occurrences that warrant grave concern.

There's a big difference between you and I in an important sense. I don't casually assault capable people's reputations for ridiculous reasons. There's not one whit of evidence that Saward has been receiving his orders from Fernandes on what to write in his blog.
Old 19 Oct 2012, 17:33 (Ref:3154468)   #58
Zen
Rookie

Australia
Bicester
Zen should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
There's not one whit of evidence that Saward has been receiving his orders from Fernandes on what to write in his blog.[/QUOTE

You are welcome to that thought, but I ask myself why would Fernandes employ a blogger if not to blog Simplicity is the ultimate sophistication
Old 19 Oct 2012, 18:48 (Ref:3154484)   #59
chillibowl
Veteran

Canada
winnipeg, canada
chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!
i think a better question is why would Fernandes even need to hire a blogger when every major news/business outlet in the world is also making a case that Mallya is a terrible business man who has run several lucrative business into the ground?
Old 26 Oct 2012, 15:01 (Ref:3158051)   #60
davyboy
Veteran

davyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
When I landed in Luton this afternoon, I saw Vijay Mallaya's personal corporate Airbus [VT-VJM] parked over in a corner on the tarmac... so it appears it didn't accompany him to India this weekend... there seems to be a bit more here about it.
Old 26 Oct 2012, 15:12 (Ref:3158059)   #61
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by davyboy View Post
When I landed in Luton this afternoon, I saw Vijay Mallaya's personal corporate Airbus [VT-VJM] parked over in a corner on the tarmac... so it appears it didn't accompany him to India this weekend... there seems to be a bit more here about it.
So he's still writing rubber checks.
Old 26 Oct 2012, 19:52 (Ref:3158186)   #62
Armco Bender
Llama Assassin and Sheep Botherer
Veteran

New Zealand
International Sheep Ambassador
Armco Bender is going for a new world record!Armco Bender is going for a new world record!Armco Bender is going for a new world record!Armco Bender is going for a new world record!Armco Bender is going for a new world record!Armco Bender is going for a new world record!Armco Bender is going for a new world record!
Quote:
I saw Vijay Mallaya's personal corporate Airbus [VT-VJM] parked over in a corner on the tarmac..
Repo men have grabbed it most likely.

http://articles.economictimes.indiat...isher-airlines