Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 4 Oct 2012, 14:52 (Ref:3146111)   #26
Bononi
Race Official
20KPINAL

Bononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Oh gawd, just realised that Rubens has beaten him at least in one thing...
Old 4 Oct 2012, 15:14 (Ref:3146116)   #27
jamieshilling
Racer

England
Larkfield, Maidstone, Kent
jamieshilling should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I reckon he will stay in some kind of motorsport, he won't give it up until he has to
Old 4 Oct 2012, 15:25 (Ref:3146119)   #28
Bononi
Race Official
20KPINAL

Bononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by jamieshilling View Post
...he won't give it up until he has to
Meaning ?
Old 4 Oct 2012, 15:25 (Ref:3146120)   #29
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Well, he does have a lot of knowledge acquired over many years which some team would surely be able to make good use of?
Old 4 Oct 2012, 15:38 (Ref:3146129)   #30
Greem
Veteran

United Kingdom
Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!
I reckon Michael will now go to stud.
Old 4 Oct 2012, 15:53 (Ref:3146138)   #31
beau1
Veteran

Wales
Swansea,Wales
beau1 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridbeau1 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridbeau1 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
A great shame. He still had the speed, maybe not what he once had but he was still comfortably in the top 10 on the grid.
The last few seasons I've thought he's been in the second category of quick drivers like Webber, Button and equal to Rosberg but with more car unreliability. Considering his age I think that is has been a great achievement to see him battling with people that are half his age and probably should be quicker.

It is a shame he didn't take up the role at Sauber but I can understand why.

The greatest Formula One Driver retires, which can only be a sad day for the sport.
Old 4 Oct 2012, 16:12 (Ref:3146149)   #32
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
The most successful, I'll give you that..... (But that's another topic.... )
Old 4 Oct 2012, 16:27 (Ref:3146155)   #33
Spritle
Veteran

Spritle has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
As a huge fan I am a bit sad, but not as sad as I was when he was wearing red.

Coming out of retirement for any reason other than race wins and possibly another championship was silly IMHO. Did he really need the money, fun or adulation that bad? Not getting a proper car is one excuse but not realizing it sooner and bowing out earlier was another blunder on Schumi's part.

I'll always thank him for the sheer joy it was being Tifosi during his dominance. I don't know what was sweeter, the success or the resentment from the haters. Seeing him race live and win just about every race I attended was a fan's dream come true.

Enjoy your retirement Michael and stick to it this time!!
Old 4 Oct 2012, 16:28 (Ref:3146157)   #34
Mr V
Veteran

England
The city of bridges (one day!)
Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!
So, he was ramming people up the backside as long ago as 1998, some things never change
Old 4 Oct 2012, 16:37 (Ref:3146164)   #35
MJones94
Racer

United Kingdom
MJones94 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
In my mind he is still one of (if not) the greatest there has ever been. I think that he will most certainly be remembered for his 'first' career rather than his second. I find it interesting that in his first career he was like the terminator, seemingly unbeatable thanks to a wave of confidence. Whereas his second career was just to enjoy the thrill of racing and a much more relaxed approach, yet he still got a pole at Monaco at 42 (Kind of anyway).

I would think it would be great if he could win his last GP before the end of the season, imagine that!
Old 4 Oct 2012, 16:42 (Ref:3146166)   #36
MJones94
Racer

United Kingdom
MJones94 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aysedasi View Post
Can't say I was ever a fan. The greatest shame was that we were robbed of Senna v. Schumacher. I respect what he achieved, but IMO he should never have come back. I don't believe he achieved anything at all other than adding a few more Euros to his bank balance.
I cannot agree more about your Senna vs Schumacher comment, that would be mega! Despite him not being as successful performance wise as he would have liked to be in his second career, I think his popularity as a driver in fact grew. I know my following of his legacy certainly increased in his second year, in which he seemed a really nice chap in interviews and etc.
Old 4 Oct 2012, 16:48 (Ref:3146168)   #37
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Quote:
Originally Posted by MJones94 View Post
I would think it would be great if he could win his last GP before the end of the season, imagine that!
I certainly wouldn't begrudge him that, particularly if that last win was needed by Vettel to win the WDC....
Old 4 Oct 2012, 17:03 (Ref:3146181)   #38
Marbot
Retired
20KPINAL

United Kingdom
Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!
He keeps saying that his batteries are drained, so I don't think we'll see him behind the wheel of anything for a while.
Old 4 Oct 2012, 17:07 (Ref:3146183)   #39
wolfhound
Veteran

Ireland
wolfhound should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridwolfhound should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridwolfhound should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridwolfhound should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marbot View Post
He keeps saying that his batteries are drained, so I don't think we'll see him behind the wheel of anything for a while.
Maybe he will try a Tesla for a full charge.
Old 4 Oct 2012, 17:57 (Ref:3146211)   #40
MGDavid
Veteran

England
Berkshire
MGDavid is going for a new lap record!MGDavid is going for a new lap record!MGDavid is going for a new lap record!MGDavid is going for a new lap record!MGDavid is going for a new lap record!MGDavid is going for a new lap record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aysedasi View Post
I certainly wouldn't begrudge him that, particularly if that last win was needed by Vettel to win the WDC....

nice one!
Old 4 Oct 2012, 17:59 (Ref:3146213)   #41
Bononi
Race Official
20KPINAL

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greem View Post
I reckon Michael will now go to stud.
Good choice !
Old 4 Oct 2012, 18:03 (Ref:3146214)   #42
MGDavid
Veteran

England
Berkshire
MGDavid is going for a new lap record!MGDavid is going for a new lap record!MGDavid is going for a new lap record!MGDavid is going for a new lap record!MGDavid is going for a new lap record!MGDavid is going for a new lap record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by chillibowl View Post
for me he leaves with his reputation intact .......
yes indeed, he's done nothing in his career part 2 to redeem his reputation as an arrogant bully who doesn't realise how lucky he was not to have seriously injured anyone - or worse.
Old 4 Oct 2012, 18:04 (Ref:3146215)   #43
Scooter185
Racer

United States
Connecticut
Scooter185 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I'm holding out hope Audi can get him into their prototype. German manufacturer and the next best type of car to an F1. Or maybe Toyota will need another driver for their 2nd car next year...
Old 4 Oct 2012, 18:14 (Ref:3146220)   #44
davyboy
Veteran

davyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by MGDavid View Post
yes indeed, he's done nothing in his career part 2 to redeem his reputation as an arrogant bully who doesn't realise how lucky he was not to have seriously injured anyone - or worse.
Here we go again...
Old 4 Oct 2012, 18:24 (Ref:3146222)   #45
chillibowl
Veteran

Canada
winnipeg, canada
chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by MGDavid View Post
i would argue that the struggling during his Merc career is the redemption.
Old 4 Oct 2012, 18:30 (Ref:3146227)   #46
Bononi
Race Official
20KPINAL

Guys, just let the old man rest...
Old 4 Oct 2012, 19:22 (Ref:3146241)   #47
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
I'll miss TGF. He came back because he had a passion for driving F1 cars. That I respect.
Old 4 Oct 2012, 20:01 (Ref:3146260)   #48
littleman
Veteran

littleman should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridlittleman should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
His comeback from retirement serves as a reminder that you shouldn't do it. He looked lost, out-of-place, old, confused and totally mesmerized by all the new rules. He'd lost his X Factor.

Once he realised you can't drive into people any more and you have to play by the numerous rules, he didn't seem that interested.
Old 4 Oct 2012, 20:03 (Ref:3146262)   #49
davyboy
Veteran

davyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by littleman View Post
His comeback from retirement serves as a reminder that you shouldn't do it. He looked lost, out-of-place, old, confused and totally mesmerized by all the new rules. He'd lost his X Factor.

Once he realised you can't drive into people any more and you have to play by the numerous rules, he didn't seem that interested.
... and again...
Old 4 Oct 2012, 20:04 (Ref:3146263)   #50
chunder
Veteran

England
Stevenage
chunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridchunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridchunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
To be honest I have never rated Schuey as tghe bets of all time, his record is staggering, but a bit like Loeb in WRC there really was no one to challenge him at the time, and anytime anyone had a decent car they beat him such as Alonso and Hakkinen, the rest of the time he built a team around him and a sutuation where he could win pretty much at will.

I had no issue with his comeback, but his driving and tactics looked dated really and his forceful nature really looked old fashioned and rather OTT compared to the guys of old and the more modern drivers.

He still had decent pace though and this year in particular looked half decent against a good solid F1 talent, so a shame, but go and race with your bruv man and be hopeless in DTM for a fat pay packet!