3 6 8.57%
2 6 8.57%
1 5 7.14%
Voters: 70. You may not vote on this poll

Old 14 Oct 2012, 07:46 (Ref:3151367)   #1
Born Racer
Race Official
Veteran

Born Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Rate the race- Korean Grand Prix

What did you think?
Old 14 Oct 2012, 08:23 (Ref:3151384)   #2
Paradise City
Veteran

Bhutan
Dublin
Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!
7. It was static at the top of pack but more hectic down it. Hulkenberg did well. Too much magic carpet racing though.
Old 14 Oct 2012, 08:30 (Ref:3151387)   #3
Born Racer
Race Official
Veteran

Born Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
2 is how I feel about it. Probably a bit (but only a bit) low but that's a reflection of how much I enjoyed it.

Overtaking moves in tight corners is not hugely exciting. And the field got too spread out for there to be much tension.
Old 14 Oct 2012, 08:37 (Ref:3151391)   #4
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

Knowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
The benchmark for a boring race will always be Hungary 2004. That was such a bad race that it was ineligible for any form of score. It was simply a zero of a race and caused real, genuine tears of hurt and confusion. Racing wasn't meant to be that boring.

This was only marginally better. Utter dross dished up on an absolute non-entity of a track with zero spectators there to witness it. If a dull race occurs and nobody is there to see, did it actually happen? Unfortunately, television cameras were there to record the abysmal truth.

One out of ten.
Old 14 Oct 2012, 08:51 (Ref:3151405)   #5
Armco Bender
Llama Assassin and Sheep Botherer
Veteran

New Zealand
International Sheep Ambassador
Armco Bender is going for a new world record!Armco Bender is going for a new world record!Armco Bender is going for a new world record!Armco Bender is going for a new world record!Armco Bender is going for a new world record!Armco Bender is going for a new world record!Armco Bender is going for a new world record!
1 out of 10 too,it was marginally better than being in a coma.
Old 14 Oct 2012, 08:59 (Ref:3151412)   #6
Marbot
Retired
20KPINAL

United Kingdom
Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!
5. Midfield stuff was quite good. Just the way it always used to be.
Old 14 Oct 2012, 09:16 (Ref:3151427)   #7
Tourer
Veteran

Australia
Sideways
Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!
Gave it a charitable 2 - probably been soft & generous.
Old 14 Oct 2012, 09:18 (Ref:3151431)   #8
Sodemo
Veteran

United Kingdom
Solihull, West Mids, UK
Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!
Terrible circuit, terrible racing, terrible DRS.
Old 14 Oct 2012, 10:01 (Ref:3151465)   #9
sethmate
Rookie

United Kingdom
sethmate should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
1 for me.

A poor, poor "race". Once Vettel had "overtaken" Webber at the start you kind of knew what the result would be. The 1 was for the Hulkenberg move and the "tension" at the end caused by the radio messages to Vettel about his tyres!!

The best race of the day was the Aussie guy on the bike being chased out of the paddock by the security guys after being interviewed by BBC
Old 14 Oct 2012, 10:02 (Ref:3151466)   #10
John Turner
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Pontesbury, Shropshire
John Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Pretty much agree with Knowlesy, so I'm being generous giving it a 3!
Old 14 Oct 2012, 10:19 (Ref:3151481)   #11
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by sethmate View Post
The best race of the day was the Aussie guy on the bike being chased out of the paddock by the security guys after being interviewed by BBC
I missed that. Anyway one of the worst GPs I've ever seen. As long as he get's his $25m what does Bernie care. 1.
Old 14 Oct 2012, 10:42 (Ref:3151498)   #12
IceMan_PJN
Racer

United States
Ohio
IceMan_PJN has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
This was probably the least entertaining race of the season. It had its moments, mainly right at the start, but generally.... *shrug*
Old 14 Oct 2012, 11:59 (Ref:3151536)   #13
brands
Veteran

brands should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridbrands should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridbrands should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
The most boring GP since....Japan last week.
It wasn't helped by the DRS being out of action for the first 10 laps, by which time the field was spread.

Never seen so many people in a crowd yawning

Old 14 Oct 2012, 12:06 (Ref:3151537)   #14
Born Racer
Race Official
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knowlesy View Post
If a dull race occurs and nobody is there to see, did it actually happen? Unfortunately, television cameras were there to record the abysmal truth.
Knowlesy's misanthropy is the kind that cheers you up.
Old 14 Oct 2012, 12:08 (Ref:3151538)   #15
Lancsbreaker
Veteran

England
Padiham, Lancashire
Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!
Really didn't think it was that bad.....I know there was little excitement at the front but there was a fair amount of action through the field - with a lot of team-mate on team-mate competition.
Old 14 Oct 2012, 12:49 (Ref:3151554)   #16
Bononi
Race Official
20KPINAL

Bononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
5. Average.
Old 14 Oct 2012, 13:19 (Ref:3151571)   #17
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
A generous 6 from me. I stayed awake!

As a race up front it was dull, although those pit to car calls from the RB pit to Vettel were just giving me some hope - dashed again.

But there was some entertainment down the field, certainly way more than at Suzuka. Good job it was Kobayashi and not Grosjean at the start.... A drive-through was way too lenient, IMO.
Old 14 Oct 2012, 13:21 (Ref:3151574)   #18
DriverT
Veteran

United Kingdom
Silverstone
DriverT should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I thought the race was not bad. Some nice moves and close racing (sometimes). I don't like the circuit, though. Shapeless and tiresome.
Old 14 Oct 2012, 13:49 (Ref:3151595)   #19
stripedcat
Veteran

stripedcat should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridstripedcat should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
6. A so-so race. Better than last weeks - although I accept the Korea track feels like another Tilkedrome.

The midfield stuff was interesting(PĂ©rez, Hamilton, Kimi and the Hulk with that amazing pass).

Elsewhere it was a bit dull.
Old 14 Oct 2012, 14:40 (Ref:3151621)   #20
Steven Humphrey
Veteran

England
cambridgeshire
Steven Humphrey should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridSteven Humphrey should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Such a soul-less circuit. The actual track layout isn't bad but the setting is terrible. It might mature over the coming years (if it keeps the GP), fingers crossed. As for the race - a very generous 6 from me. Some good, clean battles in the midfield but the whole race was compromised by that pointlessly long yellow flag zone at the end of the DRS straight.
Old 14 Oct 2012, 15:14 (Ref:3151633)   #21
Mekola
Veteran

Kiribati
Atlantis
Mekola should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridMekola should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridMekola should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
6. Average race...
Old 14 Oct 2012, 16:25 (Ref:3151683)   #22
RichardRenes
Veteran

Netherlands
Rotterdam
RichardRenes should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
boring snorefest
nuff said
Old 14 Oct 2012, 16:41 (Ref:3151695)   #23
barnettracing
Veteran

United Kingdom
Dorset
barnettracing should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
ZZZZZZZ
Old 14 Oct 2012, 17:34 (Ref:3151734)   #24
QnickFTW
Racer

QnickFTW should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
7 for me, I enjoyed the midfield stuff a lot. Hamilton showed what is a never-give-up attitude on track, the STR's taking their victims down one by one like ice cold killers was awesome. The Grojean vs Hulkenberg saga was pretty neat too (so was the MS / Di Resta / Perez trio)

It lacked some action at the front, but messages like "NOT TOO CLOSE TO ALONSO" are simply against the general concept of racing. Massa was good to battle it out with Mark today.
Old 14 Oct 2012, 17:49 (Ref:3151739)   #25
JeremySmith
Veteran

United Kingdom
Austin Texas
JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!
I am going to watch a re run of this race, although Korea is a completely rubbish track that has no soul at all, and is looking old and run down already..

F1 should not return IMO...