Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 1 Nov 2012, 23:33 (Ref:3161311)   #51
wnut
Veteran

wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Born Racer View Post
From what I gather, Newey is happy enough in England and sees through the myth of Ferrari enough not to want to head there.
I think you're right!

RBR seems to be a real team, and if I am not reading it wrong there is more there amongst them than just money and business, I think they genuinely like one another and it makes them more effective and just plain better to work for!

This is a bit interesting though, posted in Vettel thread in error too

http://www.crash.net/f1/news/185698/...t_reports.html
Old 2 Nov 2012, 00:17 (Ref:3161334)   #52
Born Racer
Race Official
Veteran

Born Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marbot View Post
We would all like for it to go to Brazil with six drivers standing a reasonable chance of claiming the championship.
I'm not sure I'm such a fan of numerous drivers being in the last race with a chance; I prefer the titan like two-driver battle, although I don't mind. To borrow your phrase and that of DC's autobiography, "it is what it is".

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aysedasi View Post
I refuse to give up hope of a decent finish to the season.
But it can be decent without a championship battle and even with a finger waggled in your face.
Old 2 Nov 2012, 01:42 (Ref:3161353)   #53
Marbot
Retired
20KPINAL

United Kingdom
Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!
Quote:
I prefer the titan like two-driver battle, although I don't mind.
tbh, you would think that the way in which F1 is formatted, that would always be the case. But these days we have engineers and aerodynamacists in teams that have such a vast knowledge of F1, that we don't see what happened in 1988 to anything like the same degree.
Old 2 Nov 2012, 11:12 (Ref:3161529)   #54
Bononi
Race Official
20KPINAL

Bononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
That's right, but people loved this season with so many drivers winning... you can never get enough to please everyone.
Old 2 Nov 2012, 12:06 (Ref:3161545)   #55
Marbot
Retired
20KPINAL

United Kingdom
Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!
The interesting thing will be to look out for other cars/drivers influencing the championship battle that are not in the championship battle. Brazil 2008 springs to mind.
Old 2 Nov 2012, 21:10 (Ref:3161687)   #56
Mr V
Veteran

England
The city of bridges (one day!)
Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
The interesting thing will be to look out for other cars/drivers influencing the championship battle that are not in the championship battle. Brazil 2008 springs to mind.
And i don't suppose Alonso has forgotten 2010 either
Old 3 Nov 2012, 17:24 (Ref:3161945)   #57
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
I'm not sure I'm such a fan of numerous drivers being in the last race with a chance; I prefer the titan like two-driver battle, although I don't mind. To borrow your phrase and that of DC's autobiography, "it is what it is".

But it can be decent without a championship battle and even with a finger waggled in your face.
In what way? Like the last few races? A whimper for the end of the season?

(By the way, I've adjusted my avatar in your honour..... )
Old 3 Nov 2012, 17:31 (Ref:3161948)   #58
garcon
Weasel Wrangler
Veteran

Antarctica
Wilmslow, Cheshire
garcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
With the title slipping away from their darling, Spanish media are now doing this of course, with the word Vettel substituted by Newey now. Pretty funny and the mark of a poor loser.
So let me get this straight.

Alonso is a poor loser because of the jingoistic campaigns of the Spanish media?

So does the nonsense spouted by the British media make Hamilton a bad loser?

Old 3 Nov 2012, 17:35 (Ref:3161949)   #59
Born Racer
Race Official
Veteran

Born Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Okay, get it straight; I didn't say it made Alonso a sore loser, but the Spanish media. I speak Spanish and can say I don't see such jingoistic UK media as widespread as in Spain. Ayesedasi, nice avatar. Really. I know you love that finger.
Old 3 Nov 2012, 17:38 (Ref:3161950)   #60
Born Racer
Race Official
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aysedasi View Post
In what way? Like the last few races? A whimper for the end of the season?
I hope for better, but if it's not as good as the best races this season, that can be okay.
Old 3 Nov 2012, 17:45 (Ref:3161953)   #61
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Okay, get it straight; I didn't say it made Alonso a sore loser, but the Spanish media. I speak Spanish and can say I don't see such jingoistic UK media as widespread as in Spain. Ayesedasi, nice avatar. Really. I know you love that finger.

Absolutely, but it works soooo much better as a courgette.......
Old 3 Nov 2012, 17:46 (Ref:3161954)   #62
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Quote:
I hope for better, but if it's not as good as the best races this season, that can be okay.

Yeah, but if it's like the last few races, I'm not sure I really want to bother to watch something that soporific......
Old 3 Nov 2012, 20:03 (Ref:3162000)   #63
garcon
Weasel Wrangler
Veteran

Antarctica
Wilmslow, Cheshire
garcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Okay, get it straight; I didn't say it made Alonso a sore loser, but the Spanish media. I speak Spanish and can say I don't see such jingoistic UK media as widespread as in Spain.

Just thought I'd give you the chance to clarify a potentially misleading point.

I don't speak Spanish, but I do get the impression their sports media is even worse than ours.
Old 3 Nov 2012, 21:43 (Ref:3162033)   #64
Bononi
Race Official
20KPINAL

Bononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by garcon View Post
I don't speak Spanish, but I do get the impression their sports media is even worse than ours.
I also don't speak spanish, but I think everything about it is worse than ours.
Old 3 Nov 2012, 22:35 (Ref:3162059)   #65
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Really? Crikey!!
Old 3 Nov 2012, 23:17 (Ref:3162074)   #66
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

Knowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
It is slightly anti-climactic in championship terms. Red Bull are fortunate in that nobody managed to have a dominant car and it was fairly level pegging until they stole a march. This would be an exciting end if Vettel was trying to catch up from a distance and, if McLaren hadn't been quote so dozy, he'd probably have a fight on his hands.

Alas, it should be pretty easy for the floppy haired one now, even taking into account his penalty today.

The dull races of late have been exclusively on stupid tracks, which was expected.
Old 4 Nov 2012, 01:39 (Ref:3162105)   #67
Marbot
Retired
20KPINAL

United Kingdom
Quote:
Originally Posted by Knowlesy View Post

The dull races of late have been exclusively on stupid tracks, which was expected.
Stupid tracks, stupid cars, stupid asphalt! stupid progressively conservative tyres (although, that's mainly down to the teams getting a handle on them), stupid driving, stupidy, stupidy, stupidy.

Why can't it just be like 1988 all over again?
Old 4 Nov 2012, 11:15 (Ref:3162224)   #68
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

Knowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Just the tracks sir. When we go to proper motorsport venues we have fun.
Old 4 Nov 2012, 12:23 (Ref:3162256)   #69
Bononi
Race Official
20KPINAL

A little spice has been added to the drama with Vettel on the back of the grid...
Old 4 Nov 2012, 16:03 (Ref:3162424)   #70
Mr V
Veteran

England
The city of bridges (one day!)
Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!
Stupid track gave us a great race today!
Old 4 Nov 2012, 16:46 (Ref:3162455)   #71
Marbot
Retired
20KPINAL

United Kingdom
Quote:
Originally Posted by Knowlesy View Post
Just the tracks sir. When we go to proper motorsport venues we have fun.
When other cars race at Abu Dhabi, they have fun. F1 needs DRS at most tracks in order to "have fun".

I assume that by "proper motor sport venues", you mean Spa, etc? Spa wasn't exactly thrilling this season. No reason to believe that it will guarantee a decent race next season, either.
Old 4 Nov 2012, 16:49 (Ref:3162458)   #72
JeremySmith
Veteran

United Kingdom
Austin Texas
JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!
Quote:
When other cars race at Abu Dhabi, they have fun. F1 needs DRS at most tracks in order to "have fun".

I assume that by "proper motor sport venues", you mean Spa, etc? Spa wasn't exactly thrilling this season. No reason to believe that it will guarantee a decent race next season, either.

I agree.. I have watched V8 Supercars at Abu Dhabi and it was great close racing with lots of passing...
Old 4 Nov 2012, 17:05 (Ref:3162468)   #73
chillibowl
Veteran

Canada
winnipeg, canada
chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by garcon View Post
I don't speak Spanish either but the main stream British press comes across to me anyways as always trying to tear down home grown athletes...selling papers is their goal and both are poor examples imo.

On topic, at first I thought vettel was going to throw it all away and circumstances helped for sure, but getting to the podium showed me his resilience and answered a big question mark I have about him...recovery drives through the field. Today must have been a huge psychological boost.
Old 4 Nov 2012, 17:50 (Ref:3162492)   #74
Born Racer
Race Official
Veteran

Quote:
But Spa is a spectacle on which to watch the cars.
Old 4 Nov 2012, 17:55 (Ref:3162495)   #75
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
But again, a pretty circuit, or a challenging circuit is all well and good, but if the cars and drivers don't put on a good show, it's still nudges in the ribs for me from my missus when I start snoring.....