Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 1 Nov 2012, 21:43 (Ref:3161244)   #26
wnut
Veteran

wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Javi View Post
I usually don´t post that much here, but i keep an eye on you, people

Just wanted to say I am enjoying this thread and the discussion it promotes, and the fact that everyone is defending their opinions with humour, education and respect makes it better. Perhaps we can all learn from this one!
Thanks guys!

And, ok, my opinion on this: I am sure that, with a better car, TGF would have won this year, at 43. Why has he stayed for so long when other champions retired earlier and never went back? In my opinion: Hunger. He could have retired in 2002 with 5 WDC, or in 2003 with 6, beating Fangio. But he went on to male it 7, and wanted more! Did everyone that appears on the first post´s list had it? i do not think.
I think he is just a plain racing nut!
He once said that if he couldn't compete in F1 he would compete in karts because he reckoned the racing was brilliant there.
Expect to see more photos of him changing his own kart tyres!
Old 1 Nov 2012, 21:49 (Ref:3161250)   #27
Mekola
Veteran

Kiribati
Atlantis
Mekola should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridMekola should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridMekola should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Carlos Reutemann doing a pole in 1985 would have been more certainly, in terms of comparisons. Remember that year he finished 3rd in the Rally of Argentina... Indeed he raced one of the official Peugeot 205... But did it well...
Old 1 Nov 2012, 22:07 (Ref:3161261)   #28
wnut
Veteran

wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aysedasi View Post
1:43 scale, presumably......
Pretty good!
Old 1 Nov 2012, 22:21 (Ref:3161269)   #29
Mr V
Veteran

England
The city of bridges (one day!)
Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Off topic i know but, i was looking at the 1:43 cars at Brands last weekend, you need to earn Michael's money to be able to afford some of them these days !
Old 1 Nov 2012, 22:45 (Ref:3161280)   #30
wnut
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr V View Post
Off topic i know but, i was looking at the 1:43 cars at Brands last weekend, you need to earn Michael's money to be able to afford some of them these days !
I always wonder about the price points of this type of product, I would have thought it would be better to keep them reasonably priced and sell thousands, rather than exhorbitantly priced and sell 10s.

I just don't get it!
Old 2 Nov 2012, 00:23 (Ref:3161338)   #31
Bononi
Race Official
20KPINAL

Bononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:

And he deserves it !
Old 2 Nov 2012, 00:48 (Ref:3161346)   #32
Born Racer
Race Official
Veteran

Born Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Javi View Post
Just wanted to say I am enjoying this thread and the discussion it promotes, and the fact that everyone is defending their opinions with humour, education and respect makes it better. Perhaps we can all learn from this one!
Thanks guys!
Nice post Javi. That's the spirit everyone.
Old 3 Nov 2012, 18:20 (Ref:3161957)   #33
BSchneiderFan
Veteran

United Kingdom
London, UK
BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!
It's an interesting topic because it reminds you of the drivers who could have driven on into different eras had tragedy or some other factor not befallen them. The obvious one (for me, anyway) was Jim Clark, who was only 32 when he died, and could very easily have raced well into the era of wings, up against Stewart and Rindt and Fittipaldi and Lauda. Clark in a Lotus 72? Hmmm...
Old 3 Nov 2012, 22:57 (Ref:3162067)   #34
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

Knowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr V View Post
Production costs have soared. They have increased more than 100% in price across all scales.

They are also built worse than they used to be, in Minichamps' case.

No longer possible to buy and sell for profit as I once did. Models paid for my move down south.
Old 4 Nov 2012, 11:26 (Ref:3162234)   #35
nicanary
Veteran

Northern Ireland
Newtownards Co.Down
nicanary has a real shot at the podium!nicanary has a real shot at the podium!nicanary has a real shot at the podium!nicanary has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by BSchneiderFan View Post
It's an interesting topic because it reminds you of the drivers who could have driven on into different eras had tragedy or some other factor not befallen them. The obvious one (for me, anyway) was Jim Clark, who was only 32 when he died, and could very easily have raced well into the era of wings, up against Stewart and Rindt and Fittipaldi and Lauda. Clark in a Lotus 72? Hmmm...
And Stirling Moss was only 31 when he had the "big one". If he could have been persuaded to select more competitive machinery.....

Don't forget, he was intensely professional, and very fit, and would easily have coped with any changes/advancements in technology. Moss in Rob Walker's Lotus 49?