Old 12 Sep 2005, 15:24 (Ref:1405736)   #1
A. Mudge
Rookie

Guernsey
Cardiff
A. Mudge should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Gurston - Thanks to all

Dearest all,

After Sunday I was feeling a little distanced by the fact i couldn't come to see the good things that had been done on the finish, but could only focus on the not so good and what needed to be improved. A little cliche I feel but as is said by many we all need to learn by our own mistakes.

Following that I would like to thank all bery much for their support, second to none, and I feel that with out this I may have been feeling a little different today with out friends around.

First clubman's that I have done on the mainland, coz I usually end up going to the national meetings, and thoroughly enjoyed it. hope to see you all again soon.

Many thanks
Old 12 Sep 2005, 19:34 (Ref:1406011)   #2
ALANGRUMPY
Racer

ALANGRUMPY should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Mudge, i don't know what negative things you're thinking about, all i can tell you is that after your little incident the rescue crew suggested that you and your crew were marshals of the day. Course controller stated how informative and to the point you were with your updates, to the point where even though he couldn't see the incident he knew exactly what was going on. And the driver also sends his thanks to everybody involve in his care and extraction. So in my opinion you're a top class marshal and welcome at Gurston anytime, as is everyone who was at the meetings this weekend. Well done chaps and chapess's. (perhaps i should have posted this in the "seen any good marshalling thread".
Grumpy
Old 12 Sep 2005, 19:43 (Ref:1406026)   #3
b1ackcr0w
Veteran

b1ackcr0w is going for a new world record!b1ackcr0w is going for a new world record!b1ackcr0w is going for a new world record!b1ackcr0w is going for a new world record!b1ackcr0w is going for a new world record!b1ackcr0w is going for a new world record!b1ackcr0w is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by ALANGRUMPY
Mudge, i don't know what negative things you're thinking about, all i can tell you is that after your little incident the rescue crew suggested that you and your crew were marshals of the day. Course controller stated how informative and to the point you were with your updates, to the point where even though he couldn't see the incident he knew exactly what was going on. And the driver also sends his thanks to everybody involve in his care and extraction. So in my opinion you're a top class marshal and welcome at Gurston anytime, as is everyone who was at the meetings this weekend. Well done chaps and chapess's. (perhaps i should have posted this in the "seen any good marshalling thread".
Grumpy

When the you were

Right, now watch me get a warning for excessive use of smilies!
Old 12 Sep 2005, 20:53 (Ref:1406104)   #4
devon kev
Racer

Guernsey
MELBOURNE DERBY
devon kev should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Hi mudge as you know i was on karousel but hear you done a good job with your incident keep it up mate .
Jus t go's to show us guernsey boy's are good are good at something
Old 12 Sep 2005, 22:42 (Ref:1406185)   #5
Woolley
Race Official
Veteran

England
Wolverhampton, England
Woolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Your fame's spreading, Mudge. I've only had good reports after what sounds like a fairly exciting moment, so well done. Not that I'd have expected anything less.
Old 12 Sep 2005, 22:46 (Ref:1406190)   #6
Beardy359
Racer

England
Wiltshire
Beardy359 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Hi Mudge,

As your IC on Saturday I can honestly say your welcome to marshal with me anytime (though whether you'd want to is another matter)! As an interested listener in on Sunday, and long distance observer from Ashes, all I can say is everybody on post commented on what a professional job you were doing, right from the first loud bang!

Having been on Finish when the smelly stuff flies I know you are bound to think afterwards about how the incident was handled, and of course nobody ever gets it 100% right all the time, but if everybody else thinks you done well then you probably did - whatever you may think!

Keep doing what you're doing and I hope to team up with you again next year.
Old 13 Sep 2005, 11:55 (Ref:1406600)   #7
telfire
Rookie

United Kingdom
Winchester hants
telfire should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid

As a member of the rescue team, Well done all involved.
Old 14 Sep 2005, 09:44 (Ref:1407465)   #8
A. Mudge
Rookie

Guernsey
Cardiff
A. Mudge should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid

Hey guys, thanks for your support. Really appreciate it. I think that I have finally come down off the ceiling off a "High".

Quote "As your IC on Saturday I can honestly say your welcome to marshal with me anytime (though whether you'd want to is another matter)!" - as long as none of the sausage rolls come out again i can't see any probs with that, because if you think about it, is a suasage roll not technically like a pork pie. sausage(pork) meat in the middle covered by pastry, surely both go hand in hand. lol

One thing i did not put in my original message is a huge huge thankyou to all on finish line, Shepards hut and Top paddock when we had the incident. Top class marshalling and all handled it with great profesionalism. When i said about negative points I was talking from a persoanl point of view and in no way was I talking about any other marshalls on post's.

Does anyone know if there are any tickets left for the Dinner as Vicky is on at me about getting tickets for it, lol.

Speak soon.
Old 14 Sep 2005, 18:26 (Ref:1407910)   #9
catcatcat
Rookie

United Kingdom
Poole
catcatcat should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
dinner dance

I left my address with Jane & she was going to post me a form. Hope there's still tickets cos I didn't realise they were for sale until meeting finished Sunday!!! **blonde one**
Old 14 Sep 2005, 19:30 (Ref:1407956)   #10
rescue dude
Veteran

England
rescue dude is a back marker
I seen you operate in the past Mudge and you well fine with me as long as you bring the Jaffa cakes.
Old 14 Sep 2005, 20:27 (Ref:1407993)   #11
devon kev
Racer

Guernsey
MELBOURNE DERBY
devon kev should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Blimey your not still eating them things are you
Old 14 Sep 2005, 22:32 (Ref:1408093)   #12
rescue dude
Veteran

England
They good for you.
Old 15 Sep 2005, 10:58 (Ref:1408401)   #13
ben240z
Racer

ben240z should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
one of the nice things about running at gurston is the amount of support and encouragement that the marshalling team have shown both Dee and myself and the datsun. Following the "minor off" that Dee had june 2004 the return to the track at the august 2005 national was a very emotional return for us both. The car seems to have lost none of it's enthusiasm for getting to the top of the hill( last run ended in a spin at karousel due to driver deciding to count to 3 when he got to his braking point before braking, might try 2 next time ) and it is certainly FUN to drive. With a great deal of winter testing and the knowledge that there is always a friendly face on all posts at gurston we both look forward to the next season and hope to go further afield as well. It is always a great credit to the marshalls at gurston that they keep smiling no matter what and that I think is one of the great things about gurston. Look forward to seeing you all next year. cheers ben and dee
Old 15 Sep 2005, 18:46 (Ref:1408740)   #14
Woolley
Race Official
Veteran

England
Wolverhampton, England
Woolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Welcome to the forum Ben. I took a good look at the car in August when it had it's bonnet up and was surprised to hear it had been so badly damaged, and then I was posted at the site of it's incident for the first day. Phew. Suffice to say, most of the marshals I was on with over the two days were very pleased to see you both out in the car - they obviously have quite a soft spot for it, or more likely for you and Dee.
Old 15 Sep 2005, 18:47 (Ref:1408741)   #15
Beardy359
Racer

England
Wiltshire
Beardy359 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Welcome to the forum Ben,

Next time why not start by counting to 1 and then increasing? Might be safer!

Gurston marshals smile because - well why wouldn't you if you're at Gurston.

Lots of luck for next season, and indeed the the "off season" this year, and I look forward to seeing you both and the Beast in peak condition next year.

Old 15 Sep 2005, 19:07 (Ref:1408759)   #16
rescue dude
Veteran

England
Welcome your holiness, glad to hear your pleased with the popemobile mr P and myself worked very hard on it.

Well mainly mr P.