Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > ACO Regulated Series

Old 26 Mar 2006, 11:37 (Ref:1561277)   #1
The Badger
Veteran

The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!
Monza LMS cancelled due to "greenies"

DSC are reporting that the Monza round of the LMS is definatly cancelled due to a greenie protest , over noise .

I bet most of those doing the complaining are younger than the track .

I say imo , shame on Monza for bowing to pressure . A precedent has now been set in my opinion . What happens next ?

If the locals at Le Mans did some complaining , would they stop that race too ?

I used to work at a small airfield in the south of england that was a world war 2 fighter base , west malling it was called . There "was" an aircraft interior design company there and the airport had 2 flights a week , 1 arriving and 1 leaving for refit . The company employed 286 people and the greenies got it closed with the loss of 286 jobs in a small country town . That airfield was there longer than the cribbers !!! If you dont like the smell of salt , dont buy a house by the sea . Bet the greenies were proud of that move !!!

What does this mean for the Italian GT series , and what does this mean for the other tracks that are in Italy ?

One of the best and most famous tracks in history is not allowed to hold an LMS race ..... does this mean there willl also be no F1 race there too or Italian GT ?

With all this green party interest , i feel they should also make sure that all the cribbers have catallizators on "their" cars ? Find something decent to crib about for a change .

Im disgusted and sincerly hope that other tracks dont follow this stupid move .

I realise that my comments about greenies , some might say are a bit heavy , but im getting sick of them
Old 26 Mar 2006, 12:07 (Ref:1561295)   #2
FIRE
Race Official
Veteran

Netherlands
FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!
Old 26 Mar 2006, 12:13 (Ref:1561298)   #3
dj choc ice
Veteran

United Kingdom
Liverpool
dj choc ice should be qualifying in the top 10 on the griddj choc ice should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid

i agree with you, its tough **** greenpeace!!!, learn to live with it if you dont like the bloody noise then move away from the area or just go for a day out somewere away, for god sake its only for 1 day of their bloody lives, besides there arent any residential area's near monza anyway so why the hell are they complaining, its a race track it will be loud and the green party get their way all the bloody time, racing cars have to have silencers, normal cars have to be like mice and have to be very friendly to the enviroment, i seriously wish they would think about other people's feelings for once and think how much they are ****ing up everyone else's enjoyment and look what affect the greenies are having on motorsport now!!!!, a diesel racing car because its nice and quiet, the reason why i love motorsport so much is the loud noise, nothing sounds better than a DBA zytek blasting past at 170 mph or a dome judd 4.0 V10 screaming past so its about time the green party stop thinking about mother earth as they call it and think about other people's feeling's and how much they are runing thinks for other people
Old 26 Mar 2006, 12:16 (Ref:1561299)   #4
TheNewBob
Veteran

England
Lincs, UK
TheNewBob should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridTheNewBob should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I understand they have an environment to think about - but there are far more urgent issues than noise pollution at a much-loved and valued racing circuit...
Old 26 Mar 2006, 12:20 (Ref:1561302)   #5
The Badger
Veteran

The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!
I wonder will Ferrari be stopped from testing at their own track at Fiorano ?

Smoking banned in Scotland in enclosed public places from 6am today , cant advertize alcohol in sports or fags for that metter too . This is getting way to much . No wonder the Fia are moving more and more races to the far east and asia .

Give it 10 years and we can all sit at home in wonderful europe and watch our racing on the TV . And possibily noise restrictions at Le Mans in the future too !!!

Lets start an opposition group to the greenies ..... how about the "brownies" !!!
Old 26 Mar 2006, 12:28 (Ref:1561309)   #6
spectre200
Racer

United Kingdom
Bedford, UK
spectre200 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Bad news...but has anyone an idea of where the replacement could be held? Le Mans Bugatti would be good. Or Brands Hatch (dreaming here, I know).
Old 26 Mar 2006, 12:29 (Ref:1561310)   #7
dj choc ice
Veteran

United Kingdom
Liverpool
dj choc ice should be qualifying in the top 10 on the griddj choc ice should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
badger i like your thinking (gets sledgehammer and shotgun and goes to the greenie party headquarters) i think we should start opposing them instead of giving in to their world obsessed with zen, bong and "hey man" and "free love" ill tell you people what free love is, free love is the ability to love what we want freely and one of my love's is motorsport and the super loud noises of prototype and GT racing cars, what is their idea of a perfect world i wonder, its stupid it would be like going to a manchester united VS liverpool football game and them saying, "sorry people but can you all shut up we have a noise restriciton because of the green party" it aint gonna happen and it is only going to be so long before people start getting really angry and annoyed and start fighting back, i wonder what will happen with monza though??, as badger has said ferrari may not be able to test there, the FIA GT may not be able to go their, the F1 of italy may not be able to go there and i think the head of monza is every bit to blame as the greenies, the worst thing he could have done was give in to them and now the green party will capitalize on this and stop further "loud" race meetings
Old 26 Mar 2006, 12:40 (Ref:1561316)   #8
tux
Veteran

United Kingdom
United Kingdom
tux should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridtux should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridtux should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
same thing has happened at castle combe about noise its so annoying
Old 26 Mar 2006, 12:43 (Ref:1561317)   #9
The Badger
Veteran

I used to be a member of green peace and left because of crap like this !!! They are just a bunch of cribbing old grannies when it comes to issues like this .

I bet old Enzo is turning in his grave .

Maybe they could persuade everybody to run a diesel , nice and quite ! Ill be gone fishing ....
Old 26 Mar 2006, 13:13 (Ref:1561339)   #10
Dani Filth
Race Official
Veteran

Romania
Bucharest
Dani Filth should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDani Filth should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDani Filth should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
unbelivable .. and i'm just .. sad

Ciao Marco
Old 26 Mar 2006, 14:15 (Ref:1561361)   #11
Nick49
Racer

England
Hampshire, UK
Nick49 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Hello

Don't bother going fishing because the "Greenies" don't like that either!

Monza is going the same way as Castle Coombe, Brands Hatch and any other circuit that upsets someone and ends up with restricted use. Never mind Democracy, it seems like just a few people complain and the rest of us, the majority, have to comply.

In my job I get to talk to "Greenies" and I'm never convinced they know what they're talking about. Not a lot of knowledge just windbags.

Nick
Old 26 Mar 2006, 14:17 (Ref:1561362)   #12
Suze
Veteran

England
Suze should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSuze should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSuze should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
It is, not right at all. There's an online petition (in Italian) to "save Monza" - but yes, it does seem to be going the same way.
Old 26 Mar 2006, 15:29 (Ref:1561380)   #13
Splendid Cat
Racer

Splendid Cat should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Dreadful state of affairs. This is sacrilege.
Old 26 Mar 2006, 15:43 (Ref:1561389)   #14
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Ask a bunch of people "do we need motorsport" and they'll say no. Most people vote no even if it is nothing to do with them. Fox hunting, smoking, horse racing, motor racing, etc... All minority activities are continuously threatened by the majority. Get ready to just sit in your white walled box drinking water and watching football.
Old 26 Mar 2006, 15:53 (Ref:1561394)   #15
strider
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Middle Earth
strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!
Don't give up hope just yet. According to Autosport.com the local Mayor has reached an agreement with the circuit on behalf of the residents. Click here for those who have access to that site.

If you want to sign the petition, just in case, go here. Enough of it is in English to be able to follow what you have to do.
Old 26 Mar 2006, 16:23 (Ref:1561405)   #16
Flat12-Aircool
Veteran

United Kingdom
Stoke-on-Trent (The Potteries)
Flat12-Aircool should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridFlat12-Aircool should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by foxy mole
Don't give up hope just yet. According to Autosport.com the local Mayor has reached an agreement with the circuit on behalf of the residents. Click here for those who have access to that site.

If you want to sign the petition, just in case, go here. Enough of it is in English to be able to follow what you have to do.
What does that actually mean?

It could just mean only 2 "Loud" races per year i.e. F1 & WTCC with less lucrative events being pushed out to other venues.
Old 26 Mar 2006, 17:38 (Ref:1561438)   #17
Rob29
Veteran

United Kingdom
Lincolnshire,UK
Rob29 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridRob29 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
BTW;as I understand it,its not the 'greenies' but local residents causing the problem. Only those over 90 years of age could possibly remember before the circuit was built.
Old 26 Mar 2006, 17:55 (Ref:1561446)   #18
Naruto
Racer

United States
Philadelphia, PA
Naruto should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
That Audi R10 is to change everthing
Old 26 Mar 2006, 18:33 (Ref:1561474)   #19
pink69
Veteran

United Kingdom
Lincolnshire / Nottingham
pink69 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid

I say we all go round to these peoples houses and use our "powers of persuasion"
Old 26 Mar 2006, 20:43 (Ref:1561580)   #20
The Badger
Veteran

Yeah ...... but it doesnt look like F1 is threatened ..... just bloody typical !!!
Old 26 Mar 2006, 21:15 (Ref:1561612)   #21
gttouring
Veteran

gttouring should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Monza racing is historical- everyyear
the track is what 100 years old now, the noise, and debris and waste at the track can't be taken back, things go around wuiter and cleaner there than ever before. Greenies go stuff it the problem isn't motor racing...pick on neglegent industry, Deforestation. not on a track which has written and is always part of history Itlaian, European and global.
Shame- we don't stop a football match for the noise (and they are loud) why a motor race at an old track where every one except those complainers loves it.
Shame LMES for bending to the pressure.
Old 26 Mar 2006, 21:21 (Ref:1561618)   #22
gttouring
Veteran

gttouring should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Forza Monza !

9426 Salviamo La Pista Di Monza!

putz greenies. Why today- why now, what are they on about...Monza is not a culprit or a hazard for anything...

Some of my fave quotes-

Assurdo!!!

Combattiamo i nemici delle corse
we fight the races nemeses!

Monza non si tocca!!
Don't touch Monza!

Monza deve sopravvivere, l'autodromo è nato prima delle case!

Monza was born before this case- it should always survive!

scandaloso
MONZA E' LA STORIA
Old 26 Mar 2006, 21:35 (Ref:1561627)   #23
SALEEN S7R
Veteran

England
Poole, England
SALEEN S7R should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridSALEEN S7R should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridSALEEN S7R should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by pink69
I say we all go round to these peoples houses and use our "powers of persuasion"
Sounds like a plan.
Old 26 Mar 2006, 22:09 (Ref:1561662)   #24
Garrett
Racer

United States
Atlanta, Georgia
Garrett should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
First of all... I feel sorry for all my friends on the other side of the pond in Europe...

Second of all... The greenpeace asses can go to hell ... they all run around here in America just thinking of crap that they can put restrictions on... dang, its not like there is a race at Mona every weekend all year long (I wouldn't mind it ) ... I could understand the noise problem if that was the case but the greenies need to grow up and stop crying about little stupid crap just to ruin everyone else's enjoyment because they don't like it. Hell, I say we find something they like to do and stop it... lets see how much they would like that!!!

I live next door to Road Atlanta and neighborhoods are being built up around the track... if there are any complaints from the neighborhoods or greenies about noise or whatever other crappy complaints they have... they can kiss our race fan's a**es! That stands for all every other race as well!

Sorry all fellow European race friends... lets take some action
Old 26 Mar 2006, 22:15 (Ref:1561665)   #25
BSchneiderFan
Veteran

United Kingdom
London, UK
BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!
Oh, for the love of God! Have some people nothing more to worry about than a bit of noise, once in a blue moon?

Is it just me, or does it make other people want to run amok with an axe too?

Sense of perspective!!!