Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Australasian Touring Cars.

Old 27 Apr 2014, 06:16 (Ref:3398632)   #76
Umai Naa
Veteran

Umai Naa should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridUmai Naa should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Wannaroo is usually kind to Triple Eight.

Just as it is to BJR and FPR. Good times ahead.
Old 27 Apr 2014, 06:33 (Ref:3398635)   #77
xrystl
Racer

Pitcairn Islands
gold coast
xrystl should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by GTRMagic View Post
Meantime, #5 has a 107 point lead in the championship

: eek:

How did that happen? What is happening at 888?
I guess that the other teams have caught up , The Volvo is a real surprise packet and it seems that Scott is as good as if not better than anyone in the field , FPR seem to have their house in order compared to other seasons and Frosty is driving more aggressive and Mostert is no slouch behind the wheel and ready to mix it with anyone .
888 have gone a long time with no real competition so perhaps the other teams pace has caught them off guard !
Old 27 Apr 2014, 07:17 (Ref:3398648)   #78
bluesport
Veteran

Australia
bluesport User had had their licence endorsedbluesport User had had their licence endorsed
Quote:
Originally Posted by xrystl View Post
I guess that the other teams have caught up , The Volvo is a real surprise packet and it seems that Scott is as good as if not better than anyone in the field , FPR seem to have their house in order compared to other seasons and Frosty is driving more aggressive and Mostert is no slouch behind the wheel and ready to mix it with anyone .
888 have gone a long time with no real competition so perhaps the other teams pace has caught them off guard !
.........and Roland doesn't like it one bit. "All leave is cancelled", he said.
Old 27 Apr 2014, 07:40 (Ref:3398650)   #79
Umai Naa
Veteran

Umai Naa should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridUmai Naa should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
It's a figure of speach.
Old 27 Apr 2014, 07:57 (Ref:3398656)   #80
bluesport
Veteran

Australia
bluesport User had had their licence endorsedbluesport User had had their licence endorsed
Quote:
Originally Posted by Umai Naa View Post
It's a figure of speach.
He seemed serious.

Off topic I know, but Ch10 news reported that Ambrose punched Mears today after they made contact......NASCAR taking no action.
Old 27 Apr 2014, 08:20 (Ref:3398664)   #81
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by bluesport View Post
Off topic I know, but Ch10 news reported that Ambrose punched Mears today after they made contact......NASCAR taking no action.
The footage shows that Mr Mears & Mr Ambrose had a loud argument, that Mr Ambrose turned to walk away, that Mr Mears shoved him in the back 2 handed, that Ambrose landed a punch on Mr Mears' face...

Mr Murphy may have been lucky back in 2005 at Bathurst.
“Everybody Lies” - Dr Gregory House, House
“Trust But Verify” - Commissioner Frank Reagan, Blue Bloods
Old 27 Apr 2014, 08:22 (Ref:3398666)   #82
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Umai Naa View Post
It's a figure of speach.
Wonder if the reorganisation at 888 in the off season is now up for review? And whether Mr Burgess is taking the view that as soon as he leaves the 888 machine trips....
Old 27 Apr 2014, 08:43 (Ref:3398674)   #83
bluesport
Veteran

Australia
Quote:
Originally Posted by GTRMagic View Post
Wonder if the reorganisation at 888 in the off season is now up for review? And whether Mr Burgess is taking the view that as soon as he leaves the 888 machine trips....
But T8 were on top before Burgess went there, so there shouldn't really be a problem........or have I missed something.
Old 27 Apr 2014, 09:28 (Ref:3398683)   #84
rich07
Veteran

Australia
Victoria
rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
He seemed serious.

He was probably seeing Greg Murphy's head on Mears shoulders when he threw that punch. Good to see a bit more biff in nascar. At least Marcos will some good airtime out of it
Old 27 Apr 2014, 09:32 (Ref:3398686)   #85
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
Quote:
But T8 were on top before Burgess went there, so there shouldn't really be a problem........or have I missed something.
888 were on top, with Mr Dane in charge of the boat, looking after the preparation & team management that was eventually passed to Mr Burgess. Mr Dane assumed the reins at the back end of last season, then passed the role to Mr Dutton.

Mr Dutton's role as Mr Whincup's engineering svengali was taken by Mr Cauchi.

Similarly, a number of engineering staff involved in the CotF build program were also relieved of their duties at the back end of 2013.

Meantime, while Mr Whincup got a new chassis part way thru last season, Mr Lowndes didnt. Back in the Blueprint days, new cars were being built. & rolled out by the 888 squad like sausages at a BBQ.. Is that a function of a budget challenge?
Old 27 Apr 2014, 09:33 (Ref:3398688)   #86
Chubby1
Rookie

Chubby1 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
#888 and #1 had no pace How 888 can get it so wrong with set up is unbelievable. Wonder where Mr Dane's enquirys will start. Being a fly on the wall back at 888 HQ would be priceless.
Old 27 Apr 2014, 09:44 (Ref:3398699)   #87
Umai Naa
Veteran

Seems the Triple Eight cars have rolled out of the truck as complete dogs all year so far, requiring rapid re-thinking of setups on the fly. The condensed track time would not be helping this at all.

Meanwhile, the similar unit of Mr van Gisbergen's, hits the track with reasonable pace from the word go.

Their biggest threat in recent seasons has been FPR. I suspect Mr Edwards has pulled of a great masterstroke here, in not showing his full hand, allowing the Banyo mob to get complacent, while FPR have beavered away sorting out their issues.
Old 27 Apr 2014, 09:55 (Ref:3398706)   #88
peckstar
Veteran

Cayman Islands
peckstar has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
I think we need to only go back about a month and triple 8 dominated at Tassie. Don't writer them off.
Old 27 Apr 2014, 11:11 (Ref:3398742)   #89
bluesport
Veteran

Australia
Don't forget on Saturday Whincup was leading when he had mechanical issues, I don't know why they didn't carry that pace into the subsequent races.
Old 27 Apr 2014, 13:36 (Ref:3398785)   #90
david5
Racer

Australia
Coonabarabran NSW
david5 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Thought today's race was a cracker, bit of aggression was tolerated by the ref, but nothing silly.
Old 27 Apr 2014, 21:34 (Ref:3398938)   #91
mikuni
Veteran

mikuni should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridmikuni should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I was impressed with the action this weekend at Puke. We went on Friday and it was a great day, but the race was a little processional short of Whincup retiring and the Wall vs. Wall crash. I imagine the teams were keen to keep all the cars in 1 piece for the first race, heading into the weekend.

I've never been to the V8 Supercars at Pukekohe before, but it was an impressive event and a great set up. I just wish more of it was permanent.
Old 27 Apr 2014, 22:46 (Ref:3398964)   #92
bluesport
Veteran

Australia
Quote:
Don't forget on Saturday Whincup was leading when he had mechanical issues, I don't know why they didn't carry that pace into the subsequent races.
Sorry, I think it was Fridays race where Whincup's car failed.
Old 28 Apr 2014, 02:51 (Ref:3399028)   #93
Marcos WTF
Racer

Australia
On a former RAAF airfield
Marcos WTF is a back marker
Beats me 888's pace went too. Holden dominated Fridays race.

Went down hill from there.

Re the one bright spot (no pun intended!) When was the last race that no
frods finished in the top ten?

Gotta be one, but I can't think of it ATM.
Old 28 Apr 2014, 02:55 (Ref:3399030)   #94
Umai Naa
Veteran

It's ok, you can say Ford.

You won't be judged on here for it.
Old 28 Apr 2014, 04:00 (Ref:3399036)   #95
bluesport
Veteran

Australia
You gotta feel sorry for Slade in Sundays race.
Old 28 Apr 2014, 05:28 (Ref:3399044)   #96
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
Quote:
You gotta feel sorry for Slade in Sundays race.
He is lucky the car would run with blown hydraulics like that. Presumably the transaxle now needs a serious looksee thanks to the extra load placed on it...
Old 28 Apr 2014, 06:18 (Ref:3399059)   #97
Biggy G
Veteran

Biggy G should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Why couldnt the team push him when he came in for the stop? He said over the comms he'd need a push, and he got a response saying they couldn't?
Old 28 Apr 2014, 06:50 (Ref:3399068)   #98
peckstar
Veteran

Cayman Islands
Quote:
Originally Posted by Biggy G View Post
Why couldnt the team push him when he came in for the stop? He said over the comms he'd need a push, and he got a response saying they couldn't?
thats the rules

car has to be able to start under its own power. otherwise if its stops on the track it can cause a yellow flag
Old 28 Apr 2014, 07:18 (Ref:3399080)   #99
Biggy G
Veteran

Biggy G should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Oh ok, knew that was the case for the start of the race, didn't know it was the case during it. cheers.
Old 28 Apr 2014, 07:57 (Ref:3399091)   #100
peckstar
Veteran

Cayman Islands
Quote:
Originally Posted by Biggy G View Post
Oh ok, knew that was the case for the start of the race, didn't know it was the case during it. cheers.
it didnt use to be the case though, they used to always push at a pit stop, meant to be less stress in the low gear, but they have moved away from it in recent years