Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Australasian Touring Cars.

Old 28 Apr 2014, 22:10 (Ref:3399412)   #101
peckstar
Veteran

Cayman Islands
peckstar has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
It seems to me that we have been having a few power steering issues this year, more than normal.

Has something changed in the power steering department?
Old 30 Apr 2014, 05:23 (Ref:3399901)   #102
Terry S
Racer

Terry S should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I noticed on the schedule for Sunday that there were races for:
V8 Supercars
V8 Super Tourers
V8 Touring Cars

This seems very confusing! Apart from the first does anyone know what the 2nd and 3rd mean?
Old 30 Apr 2014, 05:33 (Ref:3399903)   #103
peckstar
Veteran

Cayman Islands
Quote:
Originally Posted by Terry S View Post
I noticed on the schedule for Sunday that there were races for:
V8 Supercars
V8 Super Tourers
V8 Touring Cars

This seems very confusing! Apart from the first does anyone know what the 2nd and 3rd mean?
Terry, quick summary is that they are both NZ V8 racing categories, similar to each other and our own v8s, but differences also

Murph races in one category, Bargs in the other
Old 30 Apr 2014, 05:59 (Ref:3399905)   #104
RedZedMikey
Racer

Australia
Victoria, Australia
RedZedMikey should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Apart from the first does anyone know what the 2nd and 3rd mean?
As Pecky has said ... websites below.
NZ V8 Supertourers
NZ V8 Touring Cars
I'm not 100% certain, but I believe the 2 series have different management, with some resulting friction in the NZ Touring car scene in the past??? Maybe olive branches have been swapped?
Old 30 Apr 2014, 06:39 (Ref:3399910)   #105
mikuni
Veteran

mikuni should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridmikuni should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
There's heaps of discussion on here in the NZ section, but essentially it was a bit of a shambles resulting in the split regulations.

Olive branches appear to be getting swapped as we speak and the recent ITM500 was the first meeting both series' attended. Obviously fields could be better, so a lot of people are hopeful for a merger of sorts. How realistic this is, I have no idea. The V8SC (Fords and Holdens) all run Chev LS V8s, while the NZV8's run manufacturer spec engines to varying configurations and capacities (Toyota, Ford, Holden and a Nissan is currently being built).
Old 30 Apr 2014, 07:01 (Ref:3399915)   #106
racer69
Veteran

Australia
Sydney, Australia
racer69 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridracer69 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by bluesport View Post
You gotta feel sorry for Slade in Sundays race.
After Slade caused the aborted start, all the cars set off on a second formation lap, and eventually Slade managed to get his car going again, and preceeded to drive through the field back up to the 2nd position he was due to start in (ultimatly driving back into the pits at the end of the lap of course)

Was that legal? Normally if you cause the delay you start from the back. Would he have been allowed to start the re-start from 2nd place had his car 'cured' its problems on the second formation lap?
Old 30 Apr 2014, 07:44 (Ref:3399925)   #107
Terry S
Racer

Terry S should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikuni View Post
There's heaps of discussion on here in the NZ section, but essentially it was a bit of a shambles resulting in the split regulations.

Olive branches appear to be getting swapped as we speak and the recent ITM500 was the first meeting both series' attended. Obviously fields could be better, so a lot of people are hopeful for a merger of sorts. How realistic this is, I have no idea. The V8SC (Fords and Holdens) all run Chev LS V8s, while the NZV8's run manufacturer spec engines to varying configurations and capacities (Toyota, Ford, Holden and a Nissan is currently being built).
Now I am confused, pity the poor spectator.
I thought a couple of years ago Cocharne & cronies barred full time V8 supercar drivers from running in these NZ series. No they seem to be in bed with them.

A quick question, how can a country the size of NZ support two such series?
Old 30 Apr 2014, 07:47 (Ref:3399927)   #108
Just Do It!
Veteran

Just Do It! should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridJust Do It! should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridJust Do It! should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
We can't. The Motorsport NZ-promoted NZ V8s is dying a slow and painful death.

Many wish they could just take it to the vet and be humane.
Old 30 Apr 2014, 08:53 (Ref:3399943)   #109
promax
Veteran

New Zealand
New Zealand
promax has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Quote:
I thought a couple of years ago Cocharne & cronies barred full time V8 supercar drivers from running in these NZ series. No they seem to be in bed with them.

A quick question, how can a country the size of NZ support two such series?
we can't. turns out ST wasn't "the great hope " people like jdi thought they would be. poor crowd figures and poor grids.. even though the class is claimed to have all the talent and all the support.. is proof that having two separate V8 classes doesn't work. only a dozen cars for their opening round.. at the high profile Highlands 101 race weekend was a sign that all is not well. the ST appearance at Motorsport NZ-promoted GP meeting was a positive sign though. as was their move to race during warmer months next.. like the Motorsport NZ-promoted classes
Old 30 Apr 2014, 09:15 (Ref:3399949)   #110
peckstar
Veteran

Cayman Islands
Quote:
It was a bit more political than that,a bit of tit for tat but in the end they patched things up

8 Supercars boss on trans-Tasman spat

however its probably a key part of why SVG left SBR
Old 30 Apr 2014, 13:00 (Ref:3400004)   #111
Woolley
Race Official
Veteran

England
Wolverhampton, England
Woolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Best keep the discussion of the NZ series to their own subsection. If we start all that over in this thread we'll lose track of the actual race meeting.
Old 30 Apr 2014, 20:34 (Ref:3400144)   #112
BlueBlood
Veteran

New Zealand
Auckland NZ
BlueBlood should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
The race weekend is over Woolley.
A Ford bodied race car with a Ford engine won and all the Ford fans were happy.

So were all the anti T8 brigade and a few Volvo fans.
Old 1 May 2014, 16:29 (Ref:3400437)   #113
TWRv12
Veteran

TWRv12 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridTWRv12 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Surprised GRM didn't pick up sponsorship to cover the bonnet