Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Other Motorsports > Kart Racing

Old 15 May 2013, 14:14 (Ref:3247881)   #1
lovef1
Rookie

lovef1 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
wet clutch

wassup guys,

I just came back from a race meet, last weekend. It was an endurance race(1.5 hours long). the karts are the same to the ones i race in my sprint races. it has a wet clutch, and it it tends to slip at the exit of the corners when you apply the throttle. Is there anything that i can do, in relation to my driving style that might help me improve my time at the exits of corners. How do i keep the revs up, because i notice the clutch only slips, when i fall out of the power band into the low rpm's.... thanx in advance...
Old 21 May 2013, 19:50 (Ref:3251336)   #2
Beetle
Veteran

United States
Texas
Beetle is going for a new lap record!Beetle is going for a new lap record!Beetle is going for a new lap record!Beetle is going for a new lap record!Beetle is going for a new lap record!Beetle is going for a new lap record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by lovef1 View Post
wassup guys,

I just came back from a race meet, last weekend. It was an endurance race(1.5 hours long). the karts are the same to the ones i race in my sprint races. it has a wet clutch, and it it tends to slip at the exit of the corners when you apply the throttle. Is there anything that i can do, in relation to my driving style that might help me improve my time at the exits of corners. How do i keep the revs up, because i notice the clutch only slips, when i fall out of the power band into the low rpm's.... thanx in advance...
I'm assuming not a shifter kart? I only have experience in shifter karts so what you'd do there is keep in a higher RPM range and change the gearing. You might want to change the gearing so that you reach top speed about 1-2.5 seconds before you reach a corner. Sorry, I'm not very technically skilled, but I hope the best!
Old 23 May 2013, 23:27 (Ref:3252454)   #3
Gilles lives!
Veteran

England
Kent.
Gilles lives! should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Try adjusting your lines into the corner, brake a little earlier on entry and feed in the power through the corner. Don't just jump on the brake pedal as late as possible, as that will kill the revs on exit.
With the Rotax engine, it was an advantage to have a slipping clutch, until it was outlawed believe it or not .
Old 24 May 2013, 06:40 (Ref:3252517)   #4
lovef1
Rookie

lovef1 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
thanx for the feedbacks guys.... i drive a 100 cc (similar to the club 100)...