Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Classic Cars Monthly Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Historic Racing & Motorsport History > Historic Racing Today

Old 24 Mar 2021, 16:01 (Ref:4042718)   #276
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!
Will our own 356 go to Bugatti? The Bugatti track is homologated for 65/54 cars in case of two hour enduro race, qualy/race.
Old 24 Mar 2021, 16:08 (Ref:4042719)   #277
Anyopenroad
Veteran

England
London
Anyopenroad has a real shot at the championship!Anyopenroad has a real shot at the championship!Anyopenroad has a real shot at the championship!Anyopenroad has a real shot at the championship!Anyopenroad has a real shot at the championship!Anyopenroad has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gerard C View Post
Le Mans Classic 2020 is officially postponed to 2022. Another Le Mans Classic to be held on 2023, ce sera l'édition du millénaire.
So I was just being silly, but presumably there is a serious point here that if the event next year is the twice-postponed 2020 edition, then that meeting has not been cancelled so the rules on refunds etc are different.
Old 24 Mar 2021, 16:12 (Ref:4042721)   #278
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!
Indeed, spot on. A matter of insurance of all kind may be, entrants, spectators et all.
And 2023 is said "du centenaire" and not millenium as I wrote. Sorry.
Old 24 Mar 2021, 16:21 (Ref:4042724)   #279
john ruston
The Scarlet Pimpernel
Veteran

john ruston has a real shot at the podium!john ruston has a real shot at the podium!john ruston has a real shot at the podium!john ruston has a real shot at the podium!
What is the latest insurance position on race cars in EU?
Old 24 Mar 2021, 17:32 (Ref:4042748)   #280
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Not mandatory as such I think, but a third party coverage is highly recommended. Very useful when visiting some tracks like Dijon for instance where the replacement of the guard rails is very expensive. We had a funny talk about this with Mike two years ago.

The best advice about insurances I found it here, info given by Max aka Midgetman. Having worked for a broker I recommend Gras Savoye to my friends.
Old 24 Mar 2021, 20:44 (Ref:4042790)   #281
Willmaz223
Veteran

Willmaz223 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridWillmaz223 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Also the Peter Auto Endurance Racing Legends will be having a Support race at this year's Le Mans 24 Hours.

Great news for such a relatively new series albeit one that has had impressive grids from the start.
Old 24 Mar 2021, 21:39 (Ref:4042797)   #282
john ruston
The Scarlet Pimpernel
Veteran

john ruston has a real shot at the podium!john ruston has a real shot at the podium!john ruston has a real shot at the podium!john ruston has a real shot at the podium!
We have done the Pre Le Mans race four times
They stick you in corner of paddock and it’s like an unwanted child!
Ideal time to leave was about same time as main race started.
My lot were first and second in 06 with lots of cups and crap so the customs didn’t believe we had been to Le Mans the following morning and turned us over as they explained afterwards the race was still going on so what were we doing at Dover at 8 on Sunday morning!
Old 25 Mar 2021, 08:50 (Ref:4042875)   #283
Will Nuthall
Racer

Will Nuthall should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by john ruston View Post
We have done the Pre Le Mans race four times
They stick you in corner of paddock and it’s like an unwanted child!
Ideal time to leave was about same time as main race started.
My lot were first and second in 06 with lots of cups and crap so the customs didn’t believe we had been to Le Mans the following morning and turned us over as they explained afterwards the race was still going on so what were we doing at Dover at 8 on Sunday morning!
It's good to do once if you've never been to the actual race, but not worth all the effort (time and expense) if you're not interested in the 24hrs.
Old 25 Mar 2021, 08:51 (Ref:4042876)   #284
zefarelly
Veteran

European Union
zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!
Having watched the historics @ LeMans 'proper' a few times, we never found them in the paddocks! although maybe because we were too busy trying not to trip over comatose Kronenbourg testers.
Old 25 Mar 2021, 09:22 (Ref:4042883)   #285
Will Nuthall
Racer

Will Nuthall should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by zefarelly View Post
Having watched the historics @ LeMans 'proper' a few times, we never found them in the paddocks! although maybe because we were too busy trying not to trip over comatose Kronenbourg testers.
Last time we did it our paddock was on the outside of the track before the last 2 chicanes.
Old 26 Mar 2021, 12:50 (Ref:4043097)   #286
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Last info from Peter Auto, calendar confirmations:
4/6 June, GPAO Dijon; 2/4 Juillet Le Mans Bugatti; 23/25 Juillet Nogaro, 19/21 August ERL support race during 24 Hours, 10/12 September Vallelunga, 8/10 October Estoril.
Season entry fees will be soon adjusted because there will be 5 races instead of 6, and 3 instead of 5 for Fifties Legends.
Old 29 Mar 2021, 18:20 (Ref:4043788)   #287
MGDavid
Veteran

England
Berkshire
MGDavid is going for a new lap record!MGDavid is going for a new lap record!MGDavid is going for a new lap record!MGDavid is going for a new lap record!MGDavid is going for a new lap record!MGDavid is going for a new lap record!
Spa Summer Classic

CSCC have cancelled their involvement wih the 40 minute race at Spa Summer Classic (email today) because the rules have changed and travel abroad now not allowed until June at earliest. I guess the club had little option as they see a risk it will be extended and that would leave them in an untenable situation from a cost POV. Completely understandable.
There's also a rather cryptic note about the 3-hour race as follows:

'Spa 3 Hours - the Summer Classic event itself will still take place. We will shortly be in touch with each of you who have already entered through with us for the Spa 3 Hours race, to give you your options (we will not cancel your entry before speaking to you)'.

Maybe some of the 3-hour people will claim 'elite motorsport exemption' whereas we plebs can't of course. The full SI is here:
https://www.legislation.gov.uk/uksi/...0210364_en.pdf
and I note in Schedule 5 that it's perfectly allowable to go abroad to look at one or more properties that you might be thinking of buying or renting.
I have to say the inconsistency of these regulations is beginning to pi55 me off.
Old 29 Mar 2021, 19:49 (Ref:4043802)   #288
andy97
Veteran

United Kingdom
Castle Donington
andy97 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridandy97 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Hmmm, not received that email, David. Odd.
Old 29 Mar 2021, 19:52 (Ref:4043803)   #289
midgetman
Veteran

midgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
I'll pee you off a bit more. We've been out in the sunshine at a kart track today, and one of our "group" is off to Belgium next week for the Rotax Euro Series. Elite? Well, Rotax Euro Series isn't an FIA registered series - and you don't even need an MSUK licence. So what's the criterion?

Sent from my AC2003 using Tapatalk
Old 29 Mar 2021, 20:09 (Ref:4043804)   #290
Lancsbreaker
Veteran

England
Padiham, Lancashire
Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by andy97 View Post
Hmmm, not received that email, David. Odd.

Timed at 17.19 today.......I can forward it to you if you want
Old 29 Mar 2021, 20:12 (Ref:4043805)   #291
andy97
Veteran

United Kingdom
Castle Donington
andy97 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridandy97 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lancsbreaker View Post
Timed at 17.19 today.......I can forward it to you if you want
Yes please Richard.
Old 30 Mar 2021, 01:02 (Ref:4043833)   #292
Lancsbreaker
Veteran

England
Padiham, Lancashire
Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Yes please Richard.

PM'd
Old 30 Mar 2021, 05:43 (Ref:4043850)   #293
andy97
Veteran

United Kingdom
Castle Donington
Thanks Richard, that’s very helpful. Hope to see you at Donington.
Old 30 Mar 2021, 10:01 (Ref:4043884)   #294
Lancsbreaker
Veteran

England
Padiham, Lancashire
Quote:
Thanks Richard, that’s very helpful. Hope to see you at Donington.

Entries are supposed to open this afternoon, so I'll be sure to get one in
Old 31 Mar 2021, 20:38 (Ref:4044118)   #295
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Need to keep an eye on things now that France has a one month lock down. Can't see them opening up immediately afterwards.
Old 1 Apr 2021, 05:51 (Ref:4044145)   #296
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
What you can expect is "anything"… Sorry. What has been announced must be seen as a minimum, depending on the results towards the virus, slowed or stopped, and the "brand new dispositif" to,at last, allow people to have a jab. At least their first one.
I'll let you know asap about the french circuit championship.
Old 1 Apr 2021, 06:02 (Ref:4044146)   #297
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
De toutes façons, couvre-feu ou pas, confinement avec attestation ou pas, il n'y a AUCUNE bonne raison de venir ou de passer en France tant que la situation sanitaire n'est pas sous contrôle. Et ça, c'est pas demain la veille. In short words, stay safe at home. Serious.
Old 1 Apr 2021, 13:57 (Ref:4044216)   #298
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
All french circuit meetings confirmed this morning, 1st April.
Old 1 Apr 2021, 14:26 (Ref:4044224)   #299
John Elwin
Veteran

France
Pas de Calais
John Elwin should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridJohn Elwin should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gerard C View Post
All french circuit meetings confirmed this morning, 1st April.
That sounds a bit fishy!
Old 1 Apr 2021, 16:53 (Ref:4044247)   #300
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
My first thought! I wonder how they'll manage with the new gov' instructions…