Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One > Predictions Contest & Fun

Closed Thread

Old 9 Feb 2022, 09:02 (Ref:4097900)   #126
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!
Old 9 Feb 2022, 10:06 (Ref:4097910)   #127
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
As Eric Morecambe would say, they've got all the right drivers just not necessarily in the right order
Old 9 Nov 2022, 07:23 (Ref:4133057)   #128
crmalcolm
Subscriber
Veteran

Nepal
Exactly where I need to be.
crmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
So - time moves on, and the question of who is the GOAT? still remains.

Will there ever be a definitive answer? I suspect not.
But, that does not mean that the question should not be returned to.

Since the GOAT bracket was first completed, we have a new 2-time WDC to consider.
There will also be the consideration of those drivers who featured in the bracket that are still driving today. Has their standing improved or declined as a result?

So here's what I intend to do. -

The assumption is that those drivers who were no longer racing before the first bracket will not see a change in their standing. The lowest ranked driver who was eliminated in Rd1 was Stefan Bellof so he will be replaced with Max Verstappen.

The bracket will then be processed again - but only those matches that feature a current driver. All other matches are assumed to have the same outcome.

As we progress, we will see if current drivers have seen their standing improve or decline.
Old 9 Nov 2022, 08:49 (Ref:4133066)   #129
BTCC frog
Veteran

BTCC frog is going for a new world record!BTCC frog is going for a new world record!BTCC frog is going for a new world record!BTCC frog is going for a new world record!BTCC frog is going for a new world record!BTCC frog is going for a new world record!
That will be interesting. Personally, I don't really rate Hamilton as highly as I did two years ago, as although he was obviously robbed in Abu Dhabi I still think that he should have won last year's title but lost it more because of mistakes in Baku, for example, and bad luck for Verstappen on many occasions. I also don't really consider the mathematical models particularly useful for drivers this close together anymore, because thinking about it there are so many factors that they can't consider, and just watching races, or reading reports about them if there is no real footage, gives a far better idea of who the best drivers were. I would probably be more inclined to vote for Senna in the final this time, although I would vote for Jim Clark or Juan Manuel Fangio over Senna if, by some chain reaction, they make it instead (I don't think this is possible).

I think Max Verstappen should probably get to round three, but I wouldn't vote for him over anyone in the quarter finals, but if he is against Schumacher in round one surely he will just be eliminated there and there won't be much change in the results?
Old 9 Nov 2022, 09:08 (Ref:4133067)   #130
crmalcolm
Subscriber
Veteran

Nepal
crmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by BTCC frog View Post
That will be interesting. Personally, I don't really rate Hamilton as highly as I did two years ago, as although he was obviously robbed in Abu Dhabi I still think that he should have won last year's title but lost it more because of mistakes in Baku, for example, and bad luck for Verstappen on many occasions. I also don't really consider the mathematical models particularly useful for drivers this close together anymore, because thinking about it there are so many factors that they can't consider, and just watching races, or reading reports about them if there is no real footage, gives a far better idea of who the best drivers were. I would probably be more inclined to vote for Senna in the final this time, although I would vote for Jim Clark or Juan Manuel Fangio over Senna if, by some chain reaction, they make it instead (I don't think this is possible).

I think Max Verstappen should probably get to round three, but I wouldn't vote for him over anyone in the quarter finals, but if he is against Schumacher in round one surely he will just be eliminated there and there won't be much change in the results?
Major facepalm moment!!!!

I have just realised that Verstappen was in the bracket last time, so there is no need to substitute Belloff.

As I work through my own (currently seemingly poor) records, I'll get the first rematches up.
Old 9 Nov 2022, 10:00 (Ref:4133072)   #131
steve_r
Veteran

Lord Howe Island
European Capital of Culture 2008
steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!
I don't understand why we are doing this all over again, and what there is a gain from it.
Old 9 Nov 2022, 16:43 (Ref:4133113)   #132
BTCC frog
Veteran

BTCC frog is going for a new world record!BTCC frog is going for a new world record!BTCC frog is going for a new world record!BTCC frog is going for a new world record!BTCC frog is going for a new world record!BTCC frog is going for a new world record!
Are there any other OATs we could do? I suggested greatest season of all time earlier.
Old 9 Nov 2022, 17:05 (Ref:4133115)   #133
crmalcolm
Subscriber
Veteran

Nepal
Quote:
Originally Posted by BTCC frog View Post
Are there any other OATs we could do? I suggested greatest season of all time earlier.
That's definitely something I will look at pulling together in the next couple of weeks.
Old 9 Nov 2022, 18:18 (Ref:4133123)   #134
ScotsBrutesFan
Race Official
Veteran

Scotland
West Lothian
ScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Mods: there is no need to rehash this after one addition world championship. When taking of greatest of all time, one or two seasons shouldn’t make that much of a difference.

Thread closed for the moment
Closed Thread