Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Classic Cars Monthly Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Historic Racing & Motorsport History > Historic Racing Today

Old 21 Sep 2018, 15:38 (Ref:3851837)   #276
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Attleborough- 5 minutes from Snet!
Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter Mallett View Post
I've been informed the proper Spa 6hrs is final weekend of September.
Thanks Peter. I guess it has to be....

Even less daylight!
Old 21 Sep 2018, 18:08 (Ref:3851843)   #277
zefarelly
Veteran

European Union
zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!
Do Dunlop do spiked M's?

Or does anyone make oval chains?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Bell View Post
Thanks Peter. I guess it has to be....

Even less daylight!
Old 21 Sep 2018, 18:46 (Ref:3851846)   #278
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Well in 2010 the event was held 24 to 26 September, similar to next year.
Old 21 Sep 2018, 19:52 (Ref:3851858)   #279
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!
The events do move about a bit but unusual to have two weeks between. The big preparers will no doubt welcome the bigger gap, as will the pro transport operations. Unless of course another historic meeting gets squeezed in....
Old 23 Sep 2018, 14:24 (Ref:3852192)   #280
zefarelly
Veteran

European Union
zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!
It always used to be 2 weeks between going back 10-12 years, We did both in 2007, there's no way we'd have managed 2 weekends on the trot like that with a 2 year old in tow as well. . . .I'm still not sure how we managed it at all TBH!
Old 25 Sep 2018, 08:24 (Ref:3852553)   #281
piekey
Rookie

piekey should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Members meeting moved 3 weeks later for 2019 April 6/7th should give the preparation pro's a little more time to finish/test & more test all those lovely group 1 , 1 1/2, 1 3/4 cars .
And more time to find a bunch of pro drivers. ????
Old 25 Sep 2018, 11:39 (Ref:3852587)   #282
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Well, both the 2019 Goodwood meetings clash with rounds of the BTCC, as does the Spa 6hrs, so that will rule out current ‘stars’ from that particular championship.....

http://www.btcc.net/2018/06/12/2019-...dar-announced/
Old 25 Sep 2018, 11:52 (Ref:3852591)   #283
GCCheddaris
Veteran

England
Weymouth
GCCheddaris should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
The last round of the British GT championship also clashes with the Revival .
Old 25 Sep 2018, 11:55 (Ref:3852592)   #284
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
The way things are going normal mortals may even get invited!
Old 25 Sep 2018, 13:13 (Ref:3852615)   #285
bauble
Veteran

England
Potton, far from the madding crowd.
bauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Bell View Post
The way things are going normal mortals may even get invited!
Does that rule you in or out Mike?

Snett on Saturday?
Old 25 Sep 2018, 16:35 (Ref:3852647)   #286
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Quote:
Originally Posted by bauble View Post
Does that rule you in or out Mike?

Snett on Saturday?
Sure I’m on the black list, regardless....

Yes, but not racing.
Old 29 Oct 2018, 18:38 (Ref:3859823)   #287
dwh43scale
Veteran

United Kingdom
Milton Keynes
dwh43scale should be qualifying in the top 5 on the griddwh43scale should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
https://flic.kr/s/aHsmsAUPm8

Still catching up on the photos - gallery from the Jack Sears Memorial Trophy here - including one "delta" of this parish.
Old 29 Oct 2018, 19:48 (Ref:3859838)   #288
delta
Subscriber
Veteran

United Kingdom
Reading UK
delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!
Wow fantastic photos . Thanks Dave .
Old 29 Oct 2018, 22:14 (Ref:3859845)   #289
john ruston
The Scarlet Pimpernel
Veteran

john ruston has a real shot at the podium!john ruston has a real shot at the podium!john ruston has a real shot at the podium!john ruston has a real shot at the podium!
Spa Is a much better meeting and only poseurs will do Goodwood!

The way the entries are given for Goodwood is crazy.

Could be the lack of knowledge of the new Gang they have doing the inviting.

It’s now twenty years since the Revival started and can now start a revival of the revival or is that the members meeting?
Old 30 Oct 2018, 08:42 (Ref:3859895)   #290
John Elwin
Veteran

France
Pas de Calais
John Elwin should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridJohn Elwin should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by john ruston View Post
Spa Is a much better meeting and only poseurs will do Goodwood!

The way the entries are given for Goodwood is crazy.

Could be the lack of knowledge of the new Gang they have doing the inviting.

It’s now twenty years since the Revival started and can now start a revival of the revival or is that the members meeting?
Considering the Revival has been running for longer than Goodwood's original period of activity it probably is time for a retro Revival. Be quite nice to go back to the early ones...

I think you are write about the 'new gang' in many ways.
Old 30 Oct 2018, 19:52 (Ref:3860018)   #291
dwh43scale
Veteran

United Kingdom
Milton Keynes
dwh43scale should be qualifying in the top 5 on the griddwh43scale should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I was all set for making this my last Revival having attended I think, for one day at least, pretty much all the previous ones. As I have probably said here before, I can do without the dressing up that even Revival Lite (aka the MM) encourages as country casual. Given the weather in recent years, I have taken advantage of all the latest technology to the extent of wearing both down jackets at the same time this year for MM76 "the snowy one".

However, eschewing the dressing up, bar a casual cravat on Friday, I have to say that I really enjoyed much of the racing - which after all is what it should be about. To stand at Madgwick as the field streams through in the TT without fences or excessive run off so you can actually see the cars remains very impressive.

So we have booked accommodation again, for one more year at least, but retirement means that the opportunity to do more overseas historic meetings is now a reality. So Dijon, Ricard, Imola, Portimao may get a visit in the coming years, camera in hand !
Old 30 Oct 2018, 22:13 (Ref:3860034)   #292
delta
Subscriber
Veteran

United Kingdom
Reading UK
delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!
We will look forward to seeing you at these meetings David .,
Old 31 Oct 2018, 01:02 (Ref:3860041)   #293
john ruston
The Scarlet Pimpernel
Veteran

john ruston has a real shot at the podium!john ruston has a real shot at the podium!john ruston has a real shot at the podium!john ruston has a real shot at the podium!
Unusual selection of overseas events

No Le Mans Classic, Monte Carlo Historic ,Spa Festival or 6 hrs Oldtimers?

The best European events.
Old 31 Oct 2018, 06:45 (Ref:3860060)   #294
dwh43scale
Veteran

United Kingdom
Milton Keynes
Quote:
Originally Posted by john ruston View Post
Unusual selection of overseas events

No Le Mans Classic, Monte Carlo Historic ,Spa Festival or 6 hrs Oldtimers?

The best European events.
Mrs dwh43scale is grateful for the new additions to the bucket list

Seriously, we did a couple of the early LM Classics (and will return) and the Monte Carlo Historic a few years back too. Spa will feature again having already done a couple of Six Hours.

What I should have done is asked for a list of the best historic race meetings for spectators ...
Old 31 Oct 2018, 07:13 (Ref:3860061)   #295
dwh43scale
Veteran

United Kingdom
Milton Keynes
More "delta-time" in this gallery from the Chichester Cup including an arty shot using some Dutch Tilt !

https://flic.kr/s/aHskLr78Ru
Old 31 Oct 2018, 07:28 (Ref:3860063)   #296
Speedy norm
Racer

Speedy norm should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Goodwood remains one of the more enjoyable meetings, i attended this year with a cynical attitude,thinking the theatrical side had taken over the event with less racing more sideshow, but i enjoyed it nevertheless. I still feel MM is a better event for me, especially as now it has moved to later, warmer date.
Attended Portimao for the 4th time this year but felt spectators were not really thought of. No programme, competitors outnumbering spectators, but at €15 euros admission you can't complain. Spa is certainly on the list but which meeting ?
Old 31 Oct 2018, 07:39 (Ref:3860064)   #297
Speedy norm
Racer

Speedy norm should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
According to Motorsport mag it appears that Jackie Oliver has had enough of historic racing following a meeting with stewards following St Mary trophy race.
Old 31 Oct 2018, 09:15 (Ref:3860075)   #298
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
What did he do wrong in that race?

Edit: This would be as result of upsetting Dickie Meadon, someone who IMO needs to be upset occasionally.

I wonder if the bloke who caused my accident at the MM will be treated likewise? Probably not since he was at the Revival.

Last edited by Peter Mallett; 31 Oct 2018 at 11:43.
Old 31 Oct 2018, 12:53 (Ref:3860112)   #299
midgetman
Veteran

midgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
The full MS article reads like he got points on his licence and has thrown his toys out of the pram. He appealed to the MSA Stewards and they agreed with the club.

Sent from my SM-A520F using Tapatalk
Old 31 Oct 2018, 13:30 (Ref:3860127)   #300
delta
Subscriber
Veteran

United Kingdom
Reading UK
I never thought I was going to be invited back after a meeting with Clark of the Coarse, MSA stewards and officials from Goodwood back in 2016. So never say never. This year got invited to race in my Lotus 22 and guest drive in the Westminster. The Westminster was so much fun, probably best race I have had this year.
The Chichester Cup had to be the most competitive line up of FJ rear engine cars to date.
When I looked at entry list I said I would finish 18th. No time to test before hand and we had a UJ break in qualy. Think I lined up P25. Poor start but got going towards the end closing down on the Merlin of John Sykes but as we got to Woodcote on last lap the leaders were on us so I stayed well clear but alas did not get past the Merlin. Where did i finish. P19.
Thank-you again David for the lovely photos. Dont forget when to you venture racing abroad always contact me for tickets. Cheers.