Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: trackrooms.co.uk Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Racing Talk > Trackside

Old 8 Jul 2012, 18:54 (Ref:3103889)   #1
Down F0rce
Veteran

Scotland
Aberdeenshire, Scotland
Down F0rce should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridDown F0rce should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridDown F0rce should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridDown F0rce should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
WSBR Hungary

Hello tracksiders... I know we have a few WSBR experts here, so I have a few questions regarding this event...

I have the weekend off for September 15/16, so I've been thinking about going to this event... just wondering what it's like for accsess? The drive is too much even for me, so I'd be looking to fly in.

I see there is a campsite right next to the track (http://www.camping-silverpoint.com/) and a couple of train stations not too far away, so on the face of it, it looks easy enough... I'd rather have some expert advice before I make any formal plans though!
Old 8 Jul 2012, 21:42 (Ref:3103950)   #2
bella
Race Official
Veteran

France
bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!
access is... better than most. there is a railway station nearby (in mogyorod, i think) - i've seen people there over the course of the weekend so i think it's walkable. there could be a shuttle, thinking about it - i have friends who have caught the train in the past. it's on the h8 line which is accessible from the metro network, you just change at the end of the line. the trains are a bit like being in a timewarp but they're clean and they work which is far more than can be said for ours

the locals are absolutely wonderful, they're the most kind, helpful and friendly i've met so far in europe. predominantly you'll find german is spoken by those in the tourist industry before english because that's where the majority of the visitors come from. the countryside is beautiful too. me, i wouldn't camp - i stay in godollo which is a 10-15 minute drive from the circuit. you could look for somewhere within walking distance of the budapest end of the train line - there are some places there definitely.

the weather could go either way - last year the race was in july and it was cold and wet, the year before it was in the mid 30s and sunny. the fans are an absolute joy - they're enthusiastic about their motorsport and they have relatively few international events there so they turn out in force, particularly for the free ones.

hope that helps
Old 10 Jul 2012, 13:49 (Ref:3104649)   #3
Down F0rce
Veteran

Scotland
Aberdeenshire, Scotland
Down F0rce should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridDown F0rce should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridDown F0rce should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridDown F0rce should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
I had a feeling you'd reply to this one Bella Well I'm all booked up now... staying near the town centre. Just gonna take the train to the stations near the track over the race weekend. Google maps suggests it's a short walk from the Szilasliget station.

Should be fun!
Old 10 Jul 2012, 14:04 (Ref:3104654)   #4
bella
Race Official
Veteran

France
bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!
the circuit website puts a time on the walk from that station as well as the one in mogyorod. the circuit itself has some pretty awesome views for spectators, i've had to talk myself out of going for the gp there every year since i've been going for the wsr

be prepared to get hooked on the country and the people. they're genuinely lovely and welcoming people. hit up travelwiki for a few useful phrases in hungarian and you'll be sound

(i drive it every year from the east aaaanglia area - it's a 20 hour straight trip from door to door. it's a good adventure, and you see a lot but not so good if you're limited on time!)