Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Classic Cars Monthly Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Historic Racing & Motorsport History > Historic Racing Today

Old 26 Aug 2018, 10:55 (Ref:3846146)   #26
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Just about to set off from here. Picking the car up at 2pm then on to Oulton.
Old 26 Aug 2018, 12:06 (Ref:3846185)   #27
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Attleborough- 5 minutes from Snet!
Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter Mallett View Post
Just about to set off from here. Picking the car up at 2pm then on to Oulton.
Go well, Young man!
Old 26 Aug 2018, 16:53 (Ref:3846304)   #28
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Thanks. Your old RS2000 is here.
Old 26 Aug 2018, 17:35 (Ref:3846336)   #29
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Thanks. Your old RS2000 is here.
Yes, noticed it on the entry list- with a Minshaw co-driving? Glad the car is in a race it belongs in!
Old 26 Aug 2018, 19:03 (Ref:3846356)   #30
brands
Veteran

brands should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridbrands should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridbrands should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Well that was quite some weather.
Watched the action from the car up on Hill rise making use of the app and live timing.
Weather forecast still showing it as dry tomorrow which would be nice and will help when packing up the tents.
Old 27 Aug 2018, 10:00 (Ref:3846489)   #31
brands
Veteran

brands should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridbrands should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridbrands should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Just received a mail from Motor Racing Legends. The HTCC/TDT will be running unsilenced. Qualifying and race is on the Monday.
Some lovely sights and sounds in qually
Looking forward to the race.
Old 27 Aug 2018, 15:41 (Ref:3846564)   #32
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Sitting in Portsmouth ferry terminal with a coffee while following live timing......

RS2000 #52 8th o/a and 1st in class (of one, but they don’t write that on the trophy), Peter and Iain 16th and P4 in their (much more competitive ) class. Hope you had a good race, guys?
Old 27 Aug 2018, 17:59 (Ref:3846581)   #33
Alan Morgan
Veteran

Alan Morgan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Well that was quite some weather.
Yes indeed... We (Historic FF2000) were first race on Sunday and several experienced drivers said they were the worst conditions they had ever raced in.
Old 27 Aug 2018, 21:20 (Ref:3846609)   #34
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Bell View Post
Sitting in Portsmouth ferry terminal with a coffee while following live timing......

RS2000 #52 8th o/a and 1st in class (of one, but they don’t write that on the trophy), Peter and Iain 16th and P4 in their (much more competitive ) class. Hope you had a good race, guys?
Well it was good fun. We are struggling with the competitiveness of the Capris but nonetheless the only cars to pass us on the road were slick shod. So not too shabby at all. This time I had the honour of fastest qualifying lap and Iain got our race fastest lap. Once again less than a second separated us.

The only downer was that I was suffering from a cold which took the edge off the event for me.

Looking forward to Portimao.
Old 27 Aug 2018, 21:35 (Ref:3846611)   #35
delta
Subscriber
Veteran

United Kingdom
Reading UK
delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!
Peters Rover has to be one of the best prepeared cars I have ever raced .,Full credit to Ken and his team . Thanks again to Peter and Pat for letting me co drive such a fantastic car . I have to be honest and say I need to work on my braking distances . I love Oulton and was very hopeful we would be further up the grid after the classic race . Hey ho . Roll on Portimao . Another note I had a wander down to Cascades at lunch time and was pleased to see a large crowd of spectators . Long drive home and just in . All in all I thought the weekend went well . I shall be back next year .
Old 28 Aug 2018, 07:47 (Ref:3846684)   #36
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Just had a peak at our best race laps side by side. Iain was 2:07.10 and mine was 2:07.79. Interesting to see the minor differences in our approach ergo, I think I need to work on my braking distances too!
Old 28 Aug 2018, 20:53 (Ref:3846783)   #37
dwh43scale
Veteran

United Kingdom
Milton Keynes
dwh43scale should be qualifying in the top 5 on the griddwh43scale should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
https://www.flickr.com/photos/dwh38/albums

First three albums from Gold Cup Monday at the link above. Peter and Delta photos to follow soon !
Old 28 Aug 2018, 22:03 (Ref:3846794)   #38
brands
Veteran

Enjoyed our annual trip to Oulton dispite the weather.

Such a nice circuit to spectate and photograph. Found a couple of angles on the inside of Druids while walking the track on Friday evening and spent far too long shooting cars there over the weekend

Shot the testing and qually sessions while put the camera away during the actual races.
Highlight had to be the HTCC/TDT.

Will post some pics during the week.
Old 29 Aug 2018, 08:05 (Ref:3846828)   #39
Belmondo
Racer

Belmondo should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
The damaged Cortina looks like the ex-Dan Cox car that got mangled at Silverstone a few years ago.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dwh43scale View Post

First three albums from Gold Cup Monday at the link above. Peter and Delta photos to follow soon !
Old 29 Aug 2018, 20:39 (Ref:3846965)   #40
Malcolm Smith
Veteran

Malcolm Smith should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Enjoyed two great days, despite weather on Sunday.
Excellent racing and lots of friendly folk to chat to.
A few photos from HTCC/TDT attached - my favourite race.
Will post more photos later this week.
Attached Thumbnails
Rover1.jpg   Rover2.jpg   Rover3.jpg  

Rover4.jpg   Rover5.jpg   Rover6.jpg  

Old 29 Aug 2018, 20:48 (Ref:3846969)   #41
dwh43scale
Veteran

United Kingdom
Milton Keynes
dwh43scale should be qualifying in the top 5 on the griddwh43scale should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:

Super Touring, F3, FF now added.
Old 29 Aug 2018, 20:54 (Ref:3846970)   #42
grantp
Subscriber
Veteran

grantp should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridgrantp should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridgrantp should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Super Touring, F3, FF now added.

Love the FF1600 shot of Callum Grant and Ben Mitchell side by side over the brow and looking in opposite mirrors.

Was that the green flag lap or a race lap?

Great shot either way.
Old 29 Aug 2018, 21:07 (Ref:3846973)   #43
dwh43scale
Veteran

United Kingdom
Milton Keynes
Thanks - they are all race shots
Old 29 Aug 2018, 21:35 (Ref:3846977)   #44
gary396
Veteran

United Kingdom
Northallerton
gary396 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridgary396 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Malcolm Smith View Post
Enjoyed two great days, despite weather on Sunday.
Excellent racing and lots of friendly folk to chat to.
A few photos from HTCC/TDT attached - my favourite race.
Will post more photos later this week.
Good shots Malcolm, nice to see a few Rovers out they look such good cars. Especially good to see Peter's car back on track.
Old 30 Aug 2018, 04:13 (Ref:3847002)   #45
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Yes good photos Malcolm. Good to catch up on Monday.
Old 30 Aug 2018, 08:09 (Ref:3847023)   #46
morninggents
Veteran

England
Up north, near York.
morninggents should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Belmondo View Post
The damaged Cortina looks like the ex-Dan Cox car that got mangled at Silverstone a few years ago.

Yes, the same car. Owner not very happy!
Old 30 Aug 2018, 14:28 (Ref:3847071)   #47
Robyn Slater
Veteran

England
Sudbury Suffolk
Robyn Slater should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by morninggents View Post
Yes, the same car. Owner not very happy!
What happened Peter?
Old 30 Aug 2018, 15:26 (Ref:3847076)   #48
dwh43scale
Veteran

United Kingdom
Milton Keynes
Essentially, an overly optimistic move from the Mustang, I believe.
Old 30 Aug 2018, 19:30 (Ref:3847120)   #49
morninggents
Veteran

England
Up north, near York.
morninggents should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Robyn Slater View Post
What happened Peter?

Waiting to see some dashcam footage but I understand the Mustang lost it's brakes. I don't think it was just an overtaking manouvre gone wrong.
Old 30 Aug 2018, 19:40 (Ref:3847125)   #50
brands
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by morninggents View Post
Waiting to see some dashcam footage but I understand the Mustang lost it's brakes. I don't think it was just an overtaking manouvre gone wrong.
It looked a very poor attempt to pass but losing it's brakes explains it. The drivers had a chat once behind the barriers and seemed OK with each other.