Related Sites: trackrooms.co.uk Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Racing Talk > Trackside

Old 6 Dec 2003, 00:28 (Ref:805273)   #1
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Has Spa changed?

It seems that the entrance to the bus stop may be different next year.

Has anyone heard anything about this?

Old 6 Dec 2003, 00:30 (Ref:805276)   #2
ASCII Man
Veteran

ASCII Man should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridASCII Man should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridASCII Man should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridASCII Man should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Nope... :confused:
Old 6 Dec 2003, 00:35 (Ref:805279)   #3
ASCII Man
Veteran

ASCII Man should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridASCII Man should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridASCII Man should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridASCII Man should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
There were no plans for modification to the track as far as i know.

Can't find anything about it either.
Where did you find that, Adam?

Last edited by ASCII Man; 6 Dec 2003 at 00:36.
Old 6 Dec 2003, 00:39 (Ref:805282)   #4
darcym
Veteran

darcym should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I raced there this year, the track had not changed, and there was no work to change it going on.

I don't think they could make BIG changes in this short period of time, so...I don't think there are any changes
Old 6 Dec 2003, 00:45 (Ref:805287)   #5
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally posted by ASCII Man
Where did you find that, Adam?
On the Spa website! http://www.spa-francorchamps.be/en/index2.html while planning various trips there next year.
Quote:
Originally posted by darcym
I raced there this year, the track had not changed, and there was no work to change it going on.
Me too, there were some minor changes, but nothing major you are right. (and off topic, when and what did you race there? )

I am talking about the 2004 changes that are highlighted, just before the bus stop, on the above map. I don't think these will take long, but I find it strange that nothing has been said.

It seems to hint that the entrance to the bus stop will be made more into two corners (best way I can think of describing it at the moment).

Last edited by Adam43; 6 Dec 2003 at 00:49.
Old 6 Dec 2003, 07:50 (Ref:805393)   #6
twig
Veteran

twig should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I think it is a classic example of a circuit map which has many things either left out, or completely exaggerated - The latter being used in this case.
Old 6 Dec 2003, 10:51 (Ref:805442)   #7
Hazza
Subscriber
Veteran

Australia
Behind You.
Hazza should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHazza should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHazza should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
dumb question: why do they need the bus-stop? When did they bring it in? 94?
Old 6 Dec 2003, 11:26 (Ref:805452)   #8
darcym
Veteran

The bus stop is a great corner. I really like it
Old 6 Dec 2003, 12:14 (Ref:805465)   #9
paulzinho
Veteran

Brazil
Larkfield, Kent, UK
paulzinho should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridpaulzinho should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Bus stop was brought in when Spa was shortened basically because without it they'd be doing some crazy speeds into La Source, would be fun to see it go but itd never happen!
Old 6 Dec 2003, 12:55 (Ref:805486)   #10
73_Gstock
Racer

United States
Iowa, lovely Iowa
73_Gstock should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Oh what a beauty!

Stupid question alert from a Yank: Can you drive it like you can the Nordschleife?
Old 6 Dec 2003, 14:03 (Ref:805531)   #11
ss_collins
Veteran

Nigeria
Mooresville, NC
ss_collins should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridss_collins should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridss_collins should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridss_collins should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
73 no because its half public road.
Old 6 Dec 2003, 17:37 (Ref:805633)   #12
Fish_Flake
Veteran

Georgia
The Foothills of North Georgia
Fish_Flake should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridFish_Flake should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridFish_Flake should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
As far as I know, the only actual stretch of road at Spa that you can drive is the stretch from Stavelot to La Source, sans the bus stop. The new section between Les Combes is private road, and I think the main highway has bypassed the stretch from La Source up the Kemmel straight. Eau Rouge was never open to the public, anyway.
Old 6 Dec 2003, 18:06 (Ref:805648)   #13
darcym
Veteran

Eau Rouge I can honestly say was the most thrilling moment of my life in a car. to go through it and make your foot override your head and not lift and trust the car will stick, which it does...and feeling the force as you are sucked into the seat and you feel the left front just lift of the ground slightly as you come over the rise.....wow. the TV does not do it justice. Once of the best moments in my life...let alone my racing life.
Old 6 Dec 2003, 18:07 (Ref:805649)   #14
darcym
Veteran

oooh yes for AdamAshmore it was June/July 2003 I raced there.
Old 6 Dec 2003, 18:37 (Ref:805657)   #15
73_Gstock
Racer

United States
Iowa, lovely Iowa
73_Gstock should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Thanks, guys, just wondering.

Hoping to make it over to the Nordschleife when I'm in the UK next year for a drive.
Old 7 Dec 2003, 11:12 (Ref:805955)   #16
Sodemo
Veteran

United Kingdom
Solihull, West Mids, UK
Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!
I would love to do a kart race around Spa.
Old 7 Dec 2003, 13:51 (Ref:806006)   #17
steve nielsen
Veteran

Netherlands
Rotterdam- Holland
steve nielsen should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
as far as I know the busstop has changed, especialy the exit wich is a lot faster now.
Old 7 Dec 2003, 15:44 (Ref:806062)   #18
Sodemo
Veteran

United Kingdom
Solihull, West Mids, UK
Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!
The bus stop faster exit was modified back in 2001 so that change isn't new.
Old 7 Dec 2003, 15:45 (Ref:806064)   #19
Sodemo
Veteran

United Kingdom
Solihull, West Mids, UK
Actually it may have been 2002 when they modified the bus stop exit.
Old 7 Dec 2003, 16:44 (Ref:806094)   #20
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
As has been mentioned above:

The exit of the bus stop was and it isn't really a corner as such now.

The bus stop has been there ever since it returned to F1. http://www.racingcircuits.net/Belgiu...rchamps81.html

The new diagram seems to hint that they have made it more than just a flick left right.

As chicanes go the Bus Stop is excellent. Such a good circuit it even has the best chicanes! Braking from high sped into it is very exciting and to watch an F1 car do it is awe-inspiring.

The question is, will it be different for September than it has been this year? I am unsure how they will achieve this. There is not much room to play with there. On the right (as you approach the bus stop) the ground falls away into the paddock.
Old 14 May 2004, 09:08 (Ref:970676)   #21
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
At the moment the bus stop still hsan't been changed. Although it will be changed soon. Those who went to the historic meeting last weekend saw the bus stop in its old guise for one of the last times.

Just before and on the right hand side (as you approach on track) there is some muddy building land ready for the alterations. There was no indication of the actual new track layout.
Old 14 May 2004, 09:49 (Ref:970715)   #22
simon drabble
Veteran

simon drabble should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridsimon drabble should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridsimon drabble should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
as I did £5000 worth of bodywork damage last year spinning on the entrance into the busstop I will be quite happy to see the entrance smoothed like the exit has!!
If you like the bus stop you should race at Chimay thay have three similar ones from memory! Julius has a Top Hat round but Barry Sideways Smith normally has an allcomers race which your Jag could run in. On similar vein if you get the chance to race at Charade its awesome sadly the series I went there with last year are not doing it- its full of mind over matter type corners and what it must have been like in an F1.... they were very brave!
Old 15 May 2004, 12:17 (Ref:971652)   #23
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

Knowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Wasn't there a thread about this a couple of months ago? I seem to remember a lot of uproar about the change...
Old 15 May 2004, 14:37 (Ref:971721)   #24
M Coupe
Racer

M Coupe should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I'm there on the 26th on a track day so wiull take a few pictures of whatever it's like.

Colin McRae 1968-2007
Old 15 May 2004, 18:38 (Ref:971845)   #25
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
That'd be good, but I suspect it still won't have changed by then (26th May?).

knowlesy, I think this is the thread

simon, it is something that we have considered...