Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 27 Jun 2012, 10:14 (Ref:3098887)   #26
FordCosworthPanoz
Veteran

Bermuda
Flatts Village
FordCosworthPanoz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridFordCosworthPanoz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridFordCosworthPanoz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Harare in Zimbabwe, Pyongyang in North Korea and Mogandishu, Somalia would be pleasant places to host a Grand Prix.
Old 27 Jun 2012, 12:09 (Ref:3098923)   #27
nicanary
Veteran

Northern Ireland
Newtownards Co.Down
nicanary has a real shot at the podium!nicanary has a real shot at the podium!nicanary has a real shot at the podium!nicanary has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by FordCosworthPanoz View Post
Harare in Zimbabwe, Pyongyang in North Korea and Mogandishu, Somalia would be pleasant places to host a Grand Prix.
Toyota "Technical" pick-ups, minimum crew of 3. Nordic skiing rules, requiring firing at a target at the end of every lap. Team finishing each lap in last place to be executed.
Old 27 Jun 2012, 17:40 (Ref:3099042)   #28
S14
Racer

Ireland
Rocky Mountain Region, United States
S14 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by nicanary View Post
Toyota "Technical" pick-ups, minimum crew of 3. Nordic skiing rules, requiring firing at a target at the end of every lap. Team finishing each lap in last place to be executed.
Automotive Team Biathlon?

As to the question of the thread, given my current location, I'd say somewhere in the United States, preferably Denver or west of there (I'd really love to see a new GP Long Beach, but that's just me).
Old 27 Jun 2012, 17:53 (Ref:3099047)   #29
duke_toaster
Veteran

European Union
Englandland
duke_toaster should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridduke_toaster should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by calloforion View Post
Norway has sporodically hosted rounds of the STCC at the Arctic Circle Raceway and Valer, however I am really not sure if the country has hosted anything bigger.
Wasn't there a Norwegian Touring Car Championship at some point?
Old 27 Jun 2012, 19:36 (Ref:3099103)   #30
Albeckinho
Racer

Albeckinho should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I don't think there will be a race in Finland in the near future. They would have to build a brand new track and then the fee to host the race itself. Because of our long winter, the track could only be used for 3 or 4 months a year so it would be very hard to get it to work financially.

There was street circuit in Helsinki from 1995 to 1997 that had F3000, DTM and FIA GT. After that there was some talk about hosting F1 races, but it never came to fruition. I think a street race could be possible, but again, the permits for such a race are almost impossible to get and on top of that there are the astronomical costs. Would be awesome though. And it wouldn't have to be in Helsinki, there's also Tampere which would provide some beautiful scenery.

In Sweden there's the new hi-tech Gotland Ring that has/will have FIA Grade 1 so they could host F1 races (in theory). Of course, money talks, again.
Old 27 Jun 2012, 21:11 (Ref:3099142)   #31
ScotsBrutesFan
Race Official
Veteran

Scotland
West Lothian
ScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
I wonder whether you saw my post in the My Track Designs section for a temporary circuit using Tampere's airport ... Link to Post
Old 27 Jun 2012, 21:38 (Ref:3099157)   #32
Albeckinho
Racer

Albeckinho should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by ScotsBrutesFan View Post
I wonder whether you saw my post in the My Track Designs section for a temporary circuit using Tampere's airport ... Link to Post
No, I didn't. Haven't really been on the forum lately. But that looks good to me, almost old Hockenheim-ish. I don't think it will ever happen, but still.

Maybe I should do my fantasy street circuit of Tampere at some point.
Old 28 Jun 2012, 08:25 (Ref:3099296)   #33
calloforion
Rookie

England
London
calloforion should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by duke_toaster View Post
Wasn't there a Norwegian Touring Car Championship at some point?
A quick wiki search confirms this. It ran from 2002 to 2004 using old BTCC supertouring cars.
Old 28 Jun 2012, 13:25 (Ref:3099420)   #34
JamesH
Veteran

United Kingdom
Christchurch, Cambs, UK
JamesH has a real shot at the championship!JamesH has a real shot at the championship!JamesH has a real shot at the championship!JamesH has a real shot at the championship!JamesH has a real shot at the championship!JamesH has a real shot at the championship!
I vote for Lancre.
Locost #54 Boldly Leaping where no car has gone before. And then being T-boned. Damn.
Survivor of the 2008 2CV 24h!! 2 engines, one accident, 76mph and rain.
Old 28 Jun 2012, 15:24 (Ref:3099454)   #35
numbersix
Pie On 'ere
Veteran

England
Smaug. Desolation of.
numbersix will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famenumbersix will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famenumbersix will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famenumbersix will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famenumbersix will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famenumbersix will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famenumbersix will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famenumbersix will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
A few years ago I had the opportunity to drive a 1965 E-Type Roadster to Italy.

In France, people liked it and looked whenever it was parked.

In Italy they went bonkers over it. I had a convoy of gawpers on the autostrada all doing the thumbs up.

In Switzerland - nothing The one bloke that talked to me was, I kid you not, wearing Lederhosen and taking his cat for a walk. The only motorised thing they're interested in is coaches filled with tourists. And then everywhere shuts for lunch. Weird place. Beautiful, but weird.
Old 30 Jun 2012, 22:15 (Ref:3100303)   #36
johntt
Veteran

England
England
johntt should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Given their history with the sport i'd have to say New Zealand or Finland.
"On a given day, a given circumstance, you think you have a limit. And you then go for this limit and you touch this limit, and you think, 'Okay, this is the limit.' And so you touch this limit, something happens and you suddenly can go a little bit further. With your mind power, your determination, your instinct, and the experience as well, you can fly very high." -Ayrton Senna
Old 5 Jul 2012, 07:05 (Ref:3102259)   #37
steve nielsen
Veteran

Netherlands
Rotterdam- Holland
steve nielsen should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by TrueBlueFlyer View Post
that's what I thought

BTW... there is an F1 track in Indonesia, in fact Asian Le Mans series might be using it soonly
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jrr6Tv8-5hM
Old 5 Jul 2012, 09:48 (Ref:3102316)   #38
Marbot
Retired
20KPINAL

United Kingdom
Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!
That circuit doesn't seem to go much further than the first corner.

Actually, it's an FIA grade 2 track: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sentul_...tional_Circuit
Old 5 Jul 2012, 09:58 (Ref:3102319)   #39
I Rosputnik
Veteran

United Kingdom
Livingston, Scotland
I Rosputnik should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridI Rosputnik should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Edinburgh so they can race along the trams!
Old 5 Jul 2012, 10:04 (Ref:3102323)   #40
nicanary
Veteran

Northern Ireland
Newtownards Co.Down
nicanary has a real shot at the podium!nicanary has a real shot at the podium!nicanary has a real shot at the podium!nicanary has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by I Rosputnik View Post
Edinburgh so they can race along the trams!
The Portugese GP used to be held in Oporto, and the cars had great difficulty with the tramlines, which they were supposed to cross - trouble is they diverted the front wheels to a different direction.
Old 6 Jul 2012, 18:21 (Ref:3102960)   #41
cerdic
Rookie

cerdic should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Isle of Wight! There are some great roads that could be used for a street race!
Old 7 Jul 2012, 06:45 (Ref:3103142)   #42
Rob29
Veteran

United Kingdom
Lincolnshire,UK
Rob29 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridRob29 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Reminds me that St.Helier(Jersey)once had an F1 race-about 1948 I think before World Championship started.Have been there for a hill climb,and would be an attractive place to visit.Anything better than Silverstone!
Old 7 Jul 2012, 13:47 (Ref:3103285)   #43
Mr Pink
Veteran

Sweden
Sweden
Mr Pink should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by nicanary View Post
The Portugese GP used to be held in Oporto, and the cars had great difficulty with the tramlines, which they were supposed to cross - trouble is they diverted the front wheels to a different direction.
Sorry for off topic but I love this clip: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LQOUKHVydqc
Old 7 Jul 2012, 15:47 (Ref:3103326)   #44
Bononi
Race Official
20KPINAL

Bononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Better go to a rollercoaster stuff then...
Old 7 Jul 2012, 16:53 (Ref:3103363)   #45
ArnageWRC
Racer

UK-ROI
Nord Ouest Ingleterre
ArnageWRC should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Although there is a ban on MotorRacing in Switzerland, they do have the Rallye du Valais, based in Martigny. Nice event and was an IRC round in 2008.
Old 8 Jul 2012, 00:07 (Ref:3103581)   #46
NaBUru38
Veteran

Uruguay
Las Canteras, Uruguay
NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!
There's too many races already, so I wouldn't really add any country.
Old 8 Jul 2012, 00:57 (Ref:3103586)   #47
Mekola
Veteran

Kiribati
Atlantis
Mekola should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridMekola should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridMekola should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Uruguay never hosted an F1 GP, indeed. Formula Libre cars entered as far as 1952, when Fangio won in the ACA Ferrari 166 F2, early that year at Piriápolis. Also it was the Torneo Triangular Sudamericano in the late '50s. These were the first events when used F1 cars ran at Uruguay AFAIK.
Old 8 Jul 2012, 15:30 (Ref:3103809)   #48
NaBUru38
Veteran

Uruguay
Las Canteras, Uruguay
NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!
That Piriápolis circuit was the Punta FrÃ*a Autodrome (two pictures by me). We used to have serious motorsport. Dad has some sports car racing footage in celluloid.
Old 28 Oct 2012, 01:04 (Ref:3158733)   #49
kurski
Veteran

Finland
kurski should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridkurski should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beetle View Post
Finally, what about a really good, FIA grade 1, internationally-oriented circuit in Scandinavia. The fan base is certainly there, and so are the facilities. So what is stopping them?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Albeckinho View Post
I don't think there will be a race in Finland in the near future. They would have to build a brand new track and then the fee to host the race itself. Because of our long winter, the track could only be used for 3 or 4 months a year so it would be very hard to get it to work financially.
Here in Finland is KymiRing (Kymi Motorsport Park) project in progress and will soon decide that the slime project. AKK Motorsport boss told than the track is intended to bring the future WTCC, DTM or GT Series. Probably the track completed for the year 2015.
Old 28 Oct 2012, 01:45 (Ref:3158737)   #50
Armco Bender
Llama Assassin and Sheep Botherer
Veteran

New Zealand
International Sheep Ambassador
Armco Bender is going for a new world record!Armco Bender is going for a new world record!Armco Bender is going for a new world record!Armco Bender is going for a new world record!Armco Bender is going for a new world record!Armco Bender is going for a new world record!Armco Bender is going for a new world record!
Kabul Grand Prix would be one worth watching,DRS zone replaced with the IED zone,random check points instead of chicanes.Should help winning their hearts and minds.