Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 6 Mar 2021, 13:34 (Ref:4039205)   #1926
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by steve nielsen View Post
The FW43B

It reminds me of the Team Rahal Miller Lite livery, gone wrong. They should have used the same blue on the cockpit surround, on the front wing.

Old 6 Mar 2021, 13:48 (Ref:4039211)   #1927
chillibowl
Veteran

Canada
winnipeg, canada
chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Interesting that you bring up Rahal as the Haas reminds me of the RLL flag livery car from last year in think.
Old 6 Mar 2021, 14:00 (Ref:4039214)   #1928
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by chillibowl View Post
Interesting that you bring up Rahal as the Haas reminds me of the RLL flag livery car from last year in think.

This one?
Old 6 Mar 2021, 14:22 (Ref:4039217)   #1929
FIRE
Race Official
Veteran

Netherlands
FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!
Maybe it looks better in real but the blue engine cover is not pleasant for my eyes.
Old 6 Mar 2021, 14:27 (Ref:4039218)   #1930
chillibowl
Veteran

Canada
winnipeg, canada
chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by bjohnsonsmith View Post
This one?
Thats the one.
Old 11 Mar 2021, 12:38 (Ref:4039828)   #1931
Another Bob
Racer

Australia
The Land Of More Then One Crow
Another Bob should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I think the new 2021 Williams livery looks OK, not great, but compared to recent years, OK.

Concerning what is Williams plan.

Well any business plan is usually based on making a profit on your investment.

But in motor racing this is usually a oxymoron.

As the old saying goes; "To make a small fortune in motor racing you need to start with a large one".

So, my guess the plan for the new owners of Williams is drag the team up the grid from wooden spooner's to at least 9th in the constructors and then sell it to some other wood duck, or mad as a hatter racing enthusiast that has more money then they know what to do.

Either that or hang on to Williams and hemorrhage money like no tomorrow for the sake of publicity or prestige.

If your pot of money is big enough the tax write off could be worth it to cover the losses whilst gaining the prestige and publicity of mixing it with the high flying F1 community.
Old 13 Mar 2021, 15:58 (Ref:4040324)   #1932
chillibowl
Veteran

Canada
winnipeg, canada
will be interesting to see who between Williams and Haas will do the least amount of work to avoid last spot.
Old 13 Mar 2021, 16:13 (Ref:4040328)   #1933
peebee2
Veteran

peebee2 User had had their licence endorsedpeebee2 User had had their licence endorsed
Running NiÂŁÂŁany all day 1, and LatiÂŁI all day 2 won’t exactly help the tech team too much.
Old 13 Mar 2021, 16:18 (Ref:4040330)   #1934
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
I see what you’ve done there. I think Nissany pays in dollars.
Old 13 Mar 2021, 16:19 (Ref:4040331)   #1935
Moneyseeker
Veteran

Moneyseeker is going for a new lap record!Moneyseeker is going for a new lap record!Moneyseeker is going for a new lap record!Moneyseeker is going for a new lap record!Moneyseeker is going for a new lap record!Moneyseeker is going for a new lap record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by chillibowl View Post
will be interesting to see who between Williams and Haas will do the least amount of work to avoid last spot.
I think Haas has already claimed that crown by stating it will not do any development in 2021.
Old 13 Mar 2021, 16:48 (Ref:4040337)   #1936
peebee2
Veteran

peebee2 User had had their licence endorsedpeebee2 User had had their licence endorsed
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moneyseeker View Post
I think Haas has already claimed that crown by stating it will not do any development in 2021.
But they put effort into saying it and Williams haven’t so not too sure who’s “winning.”
Old 15 Mar 2021, 11:53 (Ref:4040518)   #1937
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
I think some teams like to big themselves up. Williams I’m sure are quietly confident, certainly during their launch they seemed to be. I think Williams should be ahead of Haas this year and have quite a productive year with plenty of points finishes
Old 15 Mar 2021, 12:36 (Ref:4040536)   #1938
peebee2
Veteran

Christ, it’s a bit early to have been at the drinks cabinet!
Old 15 Mar 2021, 13:21 (Ref:4040546)   #1939
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
Quote:
Originally Posted by peebee2 View Post
Christ, it’s a bit early to have been at the drinks cabinet!

Old 15 Mar 2021, 13:22 (Ref:4040548)   #1940
E.B
Veteran

United Kingdom
About 7kms East of Albert Park Melbourne
E.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
I fully expect Haas to be this year's wooden spooners I must confess. Two average drivers, a car that has already seen its last development for the year....

However the difference between coming last and scoring points is a big gap. Whereas I think Williams will not be pointless this year I think plenty of points is a big call.
Old 15 Mar 2021, 16:25 (Ref:4040596)   #1941
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by E.B View Post
I fully expect Haas to be this year's wooden spooners I must confess. Two average drivers, a car that has already seen its last development for the year....

However the difference between coming last and scoring points is a big gap. Whereas I think Williams will not be pointless this year I think plenty of points is a big call.
Yep, we'll ask Mr Griffin to expand on his prognosis - when he sobers up......
Old 15 Mar 2021, 16:33 (Ref:4040599)   #1942
peebee2
Veteran

The problem Williams could have is if, as possible, Ferrari have regained some of the engine losses, then that is only going to put Alfa and Haas further up the road.

Personally, I’m fairly convinced the Williams livery is a cover to stop us noticing it’s basically the same car as last year!
Old 23 Mar 2021, 11:18 (Ref:4042402)   #1943
billy bleach
Veteran

Ireland
Cork
billy bleach should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridbilly bleach should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
New Technical Director - things moving in a positive direction? Cruisers days are numbered?....
Old 24 Mar 2021, 04:25 (Ref:4042602)   #1944
E.B
Veteran

United Kingdom
About 7kms East of Albert Park Melbourne
E.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by billy bleach View Post
New Technical Director - things moving in a positive direction? Cruisers days are numbered?....
Yep.... from a WRC background, and a friend of new Williams CEO Jost Capito. I hope a WRC background is not too diverse a background.
Old 24 Mar 2021, 09:22 (Ref:4042627)   #1945
Mike Harte
Veteran

United Kingdom
W. Yorkshire
Mike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by E.B View Post
Yep.... from a WRC background, and a friend of new Williams CEO Jost Capito. I hope a WRC background is not too diverse a background.

Don't forget that Jean Todt came from WRC, and although he had Brawn alongside, it didn't prove too bad for Ferrari. In fact, I bet they wished that they still had that dream team of Todt, Brawn, Byrne and Michael Schumacher.
Old 24 Mar 2021, 14:14 (Ref:4042694)   #1946
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
Todt was always a very good politician and it helped he had Brawn alongside him, you do wonder how much Ferrari would have achieved without them. Times have moved on and Ferrari need to wait a while before they get another group of people of that calibre again
Old 24 Mar 2021, 14:33 (Ref:4042706)   #1947
billy bleach
Veteran

Ireland
Cork
billy bleach should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridbilly bleach should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by S griffin View Post
Todt was always a very good politician and it helped he had Brawn alongside him, you do wonder how much Ferrari would have achieved without them. Times have moved on and Ferrari need to wait a while before they get another group of people of that calibre again
I suspect without Todt Brawn Symonds and Schumacher they would have achieved the square root of zero
Old 24 Mar 2021, 16:53 (Ref:4042731)   #1948
S griffin
Veteran

I think Schumi was lucky to have that team around him, although he did deserve a lot of his success. But Brawn could have turned another team into a front runner. And Symonds never went to Ferrari. He worked at Toleman/Benetton/Renault, Marussia and Williams, but never Ferrari. But anyway moving on
Old 24 Mar 2021, 22:19 (Ref:4042805)   #1949
midgetman
Veteran

midgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Lucky nothing. The best drivers build the best teams by gelling with their engineers. Fangio - always switching to get an "unfair advantage" with the car. Clark and Lotus. Stewart and Tyrrell. Senna and McLaren. Schumacher and Ferrari. Hamilton and Mercedes.

Cream rises to the top and it soon becomes clear who you want around you.

Sent from my AC2003 using Tapatalk
Old 24 Mar 2021, 22:22 (Ref:4042807)   #1950
S griffin
Veteran

Some get the breaks. The best drivers usually great at deciding where to go. You’re right that Fangio was very good at getting to the right team and Clark and Lotus worked well together, as did Stewart and Tyrrell, albeit against minimal opposition. Senna and Schumi were in the right place at the right time too, but some have more success than they perhaps should have