Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing

Old 15 Jun 2010, 15:50 (Ref:2712634)   #1
911targa
Veteran

Taiwan
911targa should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
the future of the following 20 GT teams

1.Labre:
a sweet LM win after years of hard work,but the saleen wont be allowed to use in main GT race any more,so what's next?

2.K plus K:
like Larbre,without saleen,which manufactor will the choose?

3.LAA:
no GT1 in main race except FIA GT1(but they couldnt get in now),GT2 vettes in LMS?i dont think CR want them do so

4.Shangari Brazil:
a nice FIA GT team last year,always bad luck,will they race in the future?

5.Jetlliance:
a experienced team,best-looking liveries,they wanted to race a GT3 RSR or a Vantage GT2 in FIA GT before it was cancelled,now they move to some unimportant endurace race with a 3-year-old-GT3 Cup,what's next?

6.Tafel:
they did better than risi in 2008,why not back on the grid one day?

7.Endurance Asia Team:
will they race in the future?AsLMS will be very tough this year,unlikely they can manage it successfully

8.JWA:
pretend LMS new regulation wont permit them enter their 2007built RSR,will they try pro-am with the martini-like car?

9.VICI:
T-mobile is rich,porsche is fast,drivers are great,why not race any more?

10.Pecom:
not bad work they did in FIA GT last year,any news about the team and the drivers?

11.Juniper:
they wanted a GT3 Cup S instead of their GT3 RSR years before,any news?

12.Mondena Group:
any news?

13.Autorlando:
great work they did at LMS before felbermayr join the series,also did well in LM as well as 24h Spa,in recent years they make excellent GT open result.planed to join 24h Dubai this year but finally cancelled,again they confirmed an 2011 24h Dubai entry,will they move back to main 24h race in the future?

14.Black Swan:
after a clear win why not back to GT2?they have a 2010spec RSR and great drivers.if they do so they can get more support from porsche.porsche need more ALMS GT2 teams.

15.The Racer's Group:
they won LM with porsche years before,why not try again?

16.White Lighting:
did well in LM years before,any news?

17.Alex Job:
they won LM twice with porsche years before,why not try again?

18.BMS:
this year LM and 24h spa only,how about next year?

19.Snoras Spyker:
if Spyker dont make a new generation production car,it's no sence for the holland manufactor to race with a old car(like panoz years before).considering most of their drivers are experienced porsche driver,will they move to porsche with snoras bank one day?

20.RSR Jaguar:
Rocket is lost with jaguar project,if they still couldnt make more classified result what will they do?

welcome any ideas and predictions about this topic
Old 15 Jun 2010, 16:01 (Ref:2712639)   #2
Speed-King
Veteran

Speed-King has a real shot at the podium!Speed-King has a real shot at the podium!Speed-King has a real shot at the podium!Speed-King has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
4.Shangari Brazil:
a nice FIA GT team last year,always bad luck,will they race in the future?
There's some Sangari-branding on at least one if not both of the Vitaphone Maseratis, so I guess we won't see those again. Wasn't Sangari just DKR under a different name, anyway? What's DKR doing these days?

Quote:
5.Jetlliance:
a experienced team,best-looking liveries,they wanted to race a GT3 RSR or a Vantage GT2 in FIA GT before it was cancelled,now they move to some unimportant endurace race with a 3-year-old-GT3 Cup,what's next?
Jetalliance is a name rather than a team. The key people behind Jetalliance's GT1-campaign are now in the Swiss Racing Nissan team.

Quote:
6.Tafel:
they did better than risi in 2008,why not back on the grid one day?
Went bankrupt, lots of bills still not payed, I doubt anyone would sell them any equipment right now if they were to try again.
Mastermind Tony Dowe was working on a Ferrari programme for Grand Am GT, but I am not sure if that's still on or if it fell through, as it was expected to debut quite a while ago...

Quote:
9.VICI:
T-mobile is rich,porsche is fast,drivers are great,why not race any more?
The team has a history of not delivering, I'd be surprised to see thme back in any significant capacity. Guess the T-Mobile deal fell through.
Quote:
15.The Racer's Group:
they won LM with porsche years before,why not try again?
Kevin is busy with NASCAR racing, even their Grand Am team is not a fulltime effort this year.

Quote:
17.Alex Job:
they won LM twice with porsche years before,why not try again?
Money makes the world go round. Much of AJR's success was due to being Porsche's preferred team. Now that that role is played by the Lizard's it will be hard for them to make a comeback in GT(2).
Old 15 Jun 2010, 16:01 (Ref:2712640)   #3
tux1234
Racer

tux1234 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Team Modena no longer exist.
Pretty sure Pecom was just Af Corse but due to Fia Gt rules Af corse couldnt enter 3 cars under the same name
Petersen were competing in 2008 Dakar but website hasnt been updated since then.
Wasnt the Black Swan car for sale? They have switched from GT2 to GTC in Alms
Old 15 Jun 2010, 16:33 (Ref:2712659)   #4
NightStalk3r
Veteran

United Kingdom
Wiltshire, England
NightStalk3r should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridNightStalk3r should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by 911targa View Post
1.Labre:
a sweet LM win after years of hard work,but the saleen wont be allowed to use in main GT race any more,so what's next?

14.Black Swan:
after a clear win why not back to GT2?they have a 2010spec RSR and great drivers.if they do so they can get more support from porsche.porsche need more ALMS GT2 teams.
Larbre Run a Porsche 911 GT3 R in French GT, so maybe we could see them next year with the new Porsche GT2.

As for Black Swan they did have Farnbacher Loles 2009 Car, but they have sold that and switched to GTC.
Old 15 Jun 2010, 17:03 (Ref:2712672)   #5
HORNDAWG
Veteran

United States
Oregon
HORNDAWG should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHORNDAWG should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHORNDAWG should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by 911targa View Post
1.Labre:
a sweet LM win after years of hard work,but the saleen wont be allowed to use in main GT race any more,so what's next? FFSA?

2.K plus K:
like Larbre,without saleen,which manufactor will the choose? ?

3.LAA:
no GT1 in main race except FIA GT1(but they couldnt get in now),GT2 vettes in LMS?i dont think CR want them do so Corvette are more than willing for LAA to run GT-2s, or anyone. They do have 2 sitting waiting for customers to buy, maybe next year Corvette will sell the 2 used into the LMS and run the new chassis in the ALMS.

4.Shangari Brazil:
a nice FIA GT team last year,always bad luck,will they race in the future? ?

5.Jetlliance:
a experienced team,best-looking liveries,they wanted to race a GT3 RSR or a Vantage GT2 in FIA GT before it was cancelled,now they move to some unimportant endurace race with a 3-year-old-GT3 Cup,what's next? LMS GT-2 with the Vantage ?

6.Tafel:
they did better than risi in 2008,why not back on the grid one day? Is defunct!!!!!

7.Endurance Asia Team:
will they race in the future?AsLMS will be very tough this year,unlikely they can manage it successfully. Hopefully they will do well.

8.JWA:
pretend LMS new regulation wont permit them enter their 2007built RSR,will they try pro-am with the martini-like car? GTE-AM, with a 997?

9.VICI:
T-mobile is rich,porsche is fast,drivers are great,why not race any more? ?

10.Pecom:
not bad work they did in FIA GT last year,any news about the team and the drivers?

11.Juniper:

12.Mondena Group:
any news? 430 in GTE-AM ?

13.Autorlando:
great work they did at LMS before felbermayr join the series,also did well in LM as well as 24h Spa,in recent years they make excellent GT open result.planed to join 24h Dubai this year but finally cancelled,again they confirmed an 2011 24h Dubai entry,will they move back to main 24h race in the future?

14.Black Swan:
after a clear win why not back to GT2?they have a 2010spec RSR and great drivers.if they do so they can get more support from porsche.porsche need more ALMS GT2 teams. Running in ALMS GTC

15.The Racer's Group:
they won LM with porsche years before,why not try again? Running in ALMS GTC

16.White Lighting:
did well in LM years before,any news? Is the team manager at Drayson

17.Alex Job:
they won LM twice with porsche years before,why not try again? Running in ALMS GTC

18.BMS:
this year LM and 24h spa only,how about next year? GTE?

19.Snoras Spyker:
if Spyker dont make a new generation production car,it's no sence for the holland manufactor to race with a old car(like panoz years before).considering most of their drivers are experienced porsche driver,will they move to porsche with snoras bank one day? GTE-Pro with new car

20.RSR Jaguar:
Rocket is lost with jaguar project,if they still couldnt make more classified result what will they do? Will run a second car later this year and will continue next.

welcome any ideas and predictions about this topic

There may be more mfgs. in GTE next year, such as Audi, Nissan, Lambo etc... As well as expansion of others?

L.P.
Old 16 Jun 2010, 03:45 (Ref:2712951)   #6
911targa
Veteran

Taiwan
thanks guys

i can see Labre will back to porsche one day,indeed it's a great team,have a look at their achievements:3 LM class win, 3 FIA GT championship, 2 24h Spa overall win, 2 LMS championship!
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Larbre_Comp%C3%A9tition

any idea about which team/who have bought the Black 2010 GT3 RSR?

and how about Krohn? Risi will run the 2nd entry on their own in the upcoming events
Old 16 Jun 2010, 03:55 (Ref:2712953)   #7
cptkablamo
Veteran

Australia
cptkablamo should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridcptkablamo should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
11.Juniper:
I believe their GT2 RSR is still for sale. I think they have Cup Car as well although looking for Cup S.
They did some Australian stuff last year, not sure if they have raced at all this year.

Autorlando still run in GT Open don't they?
Old 16 Jun 2010, 04:36 (Ref:2712960)   #8
rich07
Veteran

Australia
Victoria
rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!
Good thread 911targa I've often wondered the same question about some of those teams.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Speed-King
There's some Sangari-branding on at least one if not both of the Vitaphone Maseratis, so I guess we won't see those again. Wasn't Sangari just DKR under a different name, anyway? What's DKR doing these days?
I too was quite sure Sangari was just DKR rebranded as does happen. DKR are in FIA GT as part of the Mad Croc Team in a partnership with SRT.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tux1234
Pretty sure Pecom was just Af Corse but due to Fia Gt rules Af corse couldnt enter 3 cars under the same name
Sure was, the same as the cars run under the Advanced Engineering banner.

Havent heard much about Juniper either.

Shame teams like Larbre and BMS arent running in FIA GT or LMS fulltime as they used to.
Old 16 Jun 2010, 11:54 (Ref:2713120)   #9
Joe Taylor
Veteran

United Kingdom
Warwickshire, UK
Joe Taylor should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
A few more:

KPlusK folded towards the end of last year, the remenants of the team merged with the remenants of Full Speed Racing to form Atlas-fx Team Full Speed, running a Saleen in the Le Mans Series this year.

Alphand says in an ideal world, he would run BMWs in GT2, but this requires funding.

JWA want to run an Aston in the Le Mans Series, but it apppears that their funding is dependent on a Le Mans entry. Other than that, they will run Paul Daniels' 997 for as long as they can.

Endurance Asia was just a ruse by Thierry Perrier to get a Le Mans entry last year by pretending to be a Chinese team.
Old 16 Jun 2010, 15:22 (Ref:2713226)   #10
Nick6
Racer

United States
Nick6 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Juniper had their RSR for sale after the 2008 Spa 24H. I'm assuming they sold it and simply went back to Australia.
Old 16 Jun 2010, 18:28 (Ref:2713297)   #11
cmk
Veteran

Canada
Linköping, Sweden
cmk should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridcmk should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridcmk should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe Taylor View Post
A few more:

KPlusK folded towards the end of last year, the remenants of the team merged with the remenants of Full Speed Racing to form Atlas-fx Team Full Speed, running a Saleen in the Le Mans Series this year.
The KplusK backroom was run by Othmar Welti, who had previously run the backroom of JetAlliance/RaceAlliance and now runs Swiss Racing Team. Hence the appearance of Karl Wendlinger in all of those cars...

Larbre is running a Porsche GT3R in FFSA GT and continues, I believe, with the Saleen in the LMS through til the end of this year.

Sangari was a sponsor of the DKR Vette through Bernoldi. That branding has gone to Vitaphone with him, the car is now sponsored by MadCroc.

Autorlando is still running cars in GT Open, Italian GT and Spanish GT with the blessing of Porsche. I imagine they will go where a combination of Porsche and their gentleman driver clients want them to go.

Pecom = Perez Companc = a branding name for the Argentine 3rd car of AF Corse. Of course we know they are doing LMS this year and that they tried to do LM! Oops...
Old 16 Jun 2010, 18:39 (Ref:2713304)   #12
Tim the Grey
Veteran

Wales
Across the M40 from Gaydon...
Tim the Grey has a real shot at the championship!Tim the Grey has a real shot at the championship!Tim the Grey has a real shot at the championship!Tim the Grey has a real shot at the championship!Tim the Grey has a real shot at the championship!
Sadly Modena split up, as the 2 guys who owned it, and Lamborghini High Wycombe, had differing ideas of what to do... Rumours of a solo Lambo in GT2 or GT3 may yet come to pass, but nothing as yet.
Old 16 Jun 2010, 19:12 (Ref:2713318)   #13
HORNDAWG
Veteran

United States
Oregon
HORNDAWG should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHORNDAWG should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHORNDAWG should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim the Grey View Post
Sadly Modena split up, as the 2 guys who owned it, and Lamborghini High Wycombe, had differing ideas of what to do... Rumours of a solo Lambo in GT2 or GT3 may yet come to pass, but nothing as yet.
Team Modena, Rik Bryan and Graham Schultz did split up, but it was reported at DSC:
Quote:
Schultz though has regrouped and last week posted an entry for the 2010 Le Mans Series for his Ferrari 430 GT2 under the new team name of Modena Group Racing.

which has yet to be seen.

L.P.
Old 17 Jun 2010, 11:02 (Ref:2713641)   #14
911targa
Veteran

Taiwan
juniper's RSR is still up for sale
the ad:http://porschersrforsale.com/

and Corsa motorsport wanted to run a hybrid prototype at 12h sebring,but did they do it,i dont think so
http://www.corsamotorsports.com/Cors...Main_Page.html

Endurace Asia have some Chinese workers,O'Young is a HK driver,too.they wanted to race at AsLMS but was cancelled because they couldnt found more sponsors(main sponsors of this team want to improve the brand's popularity in China,but Shanghai round was finally cancelled)also,as you all know quite a few Chinese people interested in GT race at present so it's going to be a long way for Endurace Asia.
Old 18 Jun 2010, 06:01 (Ref:2714132)   #15
rich07
Veteran

Australia
Victoria
rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nick6 View Post
Juniper had their RSR for sale after the 2008 Spa 24H. I'm assuming they sold it and simply went back to Australia.
I was under the impression that the Spa race was just a one off, they did most of their racing in Australia, I'm sure they did other overseas races like Sepang 12hrs and the Dubai 24hrs. And there's nowhere to race the RSR in Oz so it was put up for sale, whether its been sold is another question.
Old 22 Jun 2010, 19:25 (Ref:2716501)   #16
AX lover
Racer

Netherlands
AX lover should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
19.Snoras Spyker:
if Spyker dont make a new generation production car,it's no sence for the holland manufactor to race with a old car(like panoz years before).considering most of their drivers are experienced porsche driver,will they move to porsche with snoras bank one day?
(If they have the money) they will be racing the new C8 Aileron GT2 next year. There were already rumours they would race with the new Aileron this year, but that was not the case. So I guess they will be racing with the new car next year.

Let's hope they find the money to develop the new car. My guess is they will find it because Spyker has always said that racing is in their blood and they 'need' to race to sell cars.
Old 26 Jun 2010, 23:14 (Ref:2718362)   #17
Subaru_WRX_STi
Veteran

Tunisia
Ariana, Tunisia
Subaru_WRX_STi has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
the team that I am missing...Freisinger If one day they could come back, after such great victories in FIA GT and endurance racing
Old 27 Jun 2010, 11:16 (Ref:2718459)   #18
ger80
Veteran

Germany
Birmingham
ger80 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
and Konrad would be nice too
Old 27 Jun 2010, 11:46 (Ref:2718463)   #19
tux1234
Racer

tux1234 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
At the moment Freisinger are concentrating on Historic racing. They also built a 997 rsr from a road car shell.
Old 28 Jun 2010, 10:14 (Ref:2719160)   #20
911targa
Veteran

Taiwan
Roock also move to porsche road car tuning after they won LM24(GT class) in 1998 with their 993 GT2,really want to see them back