Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Classic Cars Monthly Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Historic Racing & Motorsport History > Historic Racing Today

Old 4 May 2021, 18:59 (Ref:4049705)   #1251
Lancsbreaker
Veteran

England
Padiham, Lancashire
Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gerard C View Post
First jab 24 Ap, next 5 June.

In UK the advice is that full protection (which isn't 100%, of course) is achieved 2 weeks after second jab, although the first jab does give a pretty high level of protection, as our much reduced infection, hospitalisation and deaths seem to attest.

And its generally accepted that danger of infection by touching infected surfaces is pretty low, anyway. Social distancing and mask-wearing does help, of course, as you'd expect for any infectious disease.
Old 4 May 2021, 19:08 (Ref:4049707)   #1252
John Elwin
Veteran

France
Pas de Calais
John Elwin should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridJohn Elwin should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
First jab 24 Ap, next 5 June.
Our second is now on 28 June, so you'll still beat us! We did put the date back though as we will be away on the original date.

Our revised date is now the day after National Alfa Day at Bicester which I had hoped to get to but now seems unlikely (sorry Richard!). As to race meetings, that's a difficult one, largely because of my location - I'm just too far from most French tracks; I'm still just closer to Snetterton than I am to Le Mans. I'll have to go somewhere though...
Old 4 May 2021, 19:10 (Ref:4049708)   #1253
John Elwin
Veteran

France
Pas de Calais
John Elwin should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridJohn Elwin should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
You know French, John, always happy to cheer! They just asked me if I recognized having had my jab, name, arm, vaccine.
As to the second jab, had no choice (and happy for that) when you book the first appointment you have to book the second one before being confirmed.
I must confess that the "vaccinodrome" was not busy at all, doctors waiting for the clients, arms crossed. Some ambulances in the area too…

Thanks again to Michele and you, without your help I would be waiting again and again… So……… cheers!

No secondary effect so far (Moderna) just a big relief.
No problem, we were just glad to be of assistance.
Old 4 May 2021, 19:19 (Ref:4049710)   #1254
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!
We are now warned that may be we'll have to have a third one - which sounds fair- because of the variants. One per year would not be a problem, we have this against flu. Its a matter of adapt or disappear…
Old 5 May 2021, 14:47 (Ref:4049862)   #1255
Lancsbreaker
Veteran

England
Padiham, Lancashire
Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
We are now warned that may be we'll have to have a third one - which sounds fair- because of the variants. One per year would not be a problem, we have this against flu. Its a matter of adapt or disappear…

Same suggestion in the UK press today - saying over-50s will probably be offered a tweaked vaccine in the autumn, to be administered at same time as flu jab - but in the other arm.....so we'll be well balanced!
Old 5 May 2021, 17:02 (Ref:4049897)   #1256
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!
TBH I dont care how many vaccines will be necessary if it works as should. My understanding is that some laboratories already working on new variants could promptly adapt the existing juice. Three to start, no worry, one or two per year I dont care unless they work fine and are available which is not sure in France…
Our instances are so proud to announce that many PCR tests are now available. Welcome back to the Middle Age, version Life of Brian !!! Pffff…
Old 5 May 2021, 17:33 (Ref:4049909)   #1257
Mike Harte
Veteran

United Kingdom
W. Yorkshire
Mike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lancsbreaker View Post
Same suggestion in the UK press today - saying over-50s will probably be offered a tweaked vaccine in the autumn, to be administered at same time as flu jab - but in the other arm.....so we'll be well balanced!

This was signalled a few months ago by most of the senior wonks who are on the official briefing team. More money is coming from the government to carry out further tests on the make up of the various strains and also to develop upgraded vaccines to counter newer strains.

They have not discounted that the future will be an annual inoculation for those considered "most vulnerable" that will be, like the annual flu jab, slightly altered from year to year to counter perceived threats.
Old 5 May 2021, 17:50 (Ref:4049915)   #1258
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
I ignore if things are changing but till now we have to wait a while between two jabs, flu and Covid. Surprising that in your area you could have both the same day. But if you change the arm…
Old 5 May 2021, 22:33 (Ref:4049941)   #1259
chunterer
Race Official
Veteran

chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!
Quote:
I ignore if things are changing but till now we have to wait a while between two jabs, flu and Covid. Surprising that in your area you could have both the same day. But if you change the arm…
"Have you had a flu jab in the last 28 days? Are you expecting a flu jab in the next 28 days?"
Old 6 May 2021, 03:24 (Ref:4049963)   #1260
E.B
Veteran

United Kingdom
About 7kms East of Albert Park Melbourne
E.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by chunterer View Post
"Have you had a flu jab in the last 28 days? Are you expecting a flu jab in the next 28 days?"
I was warned not to have a flu jab in the period preceding my AZ#1 jab at the time of booking the AZ. When I had the AZ I was again told not to have a flu jab in the following (I think they said) 21 days. I told them I had received my flu jab previously in the year as part of my routine hospital check ups from a previous / ongoing ailment.
Incidentally I had one of those 3 monthly check ups three weeks prior to my AZ jab which was organised independently of the hospital. I had asked them if my planned AZ jab would interfere with my hospital treatment and they said no but highlighted the fact re no flu jabs, immediately prior or post AZ jab, reminding me my flu shot was already up to date.
Old 6 May 2021, 06:47 (Ref:4049969)   #1261
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
We have what is called here Carte Vitale, a kind of ID of health with all necessary data, like previous surgery, illness or comorbidities. Works fine for people over 60, we receive automatic warnings for the flu or colonoscopy each year.
Unfortunately it seems that the use during the covid is far from perfect, people being able to have several appointments for a jab. Incredible when you think what can be done with any computer system nowadays.
Old 6 May 2021, 07:17 (Ref:4049972)   #1262
John Elwin
Veteran

France
Pas de Calais
Quote:
We have what is called here Carte Vitale, a kind of ID of health with all necessary data, like previous surgery, illness or comorbidities. Works fine for people over 60, we receive automatic warnings for the flu or colonoscopy each year.
Unfortunately it seems that the use during the covid is far from perfect, people being able to have several appointments for a jab. Incredible when you think what can be done with any computer system nowadays.
It works quite well - once you have actually got one!

It took me well over a year, as they repeatedly 'lost my paperwork'. Goodness knows how many copies of my passport are floating around in then French system! They never ask you for everything at once either, there is always something else they need.

The best bit was when they decided they needed an official translation of my birth certificate (why? name, date & place are the same in any language). Anyway, person who did it for me sensibly printed it as British on one side of the paper & French on the other. They wrote back to me with "we also need a copy of the original...".

Turn the page, love.
Old 6 May 2021, 07:17 (Ref:4049973)   #1263
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Now they are studying a "pass sanitaire" for French which could be added to the european one… Bloomy technocrats! Imagine you have to show three passports at the border? Pourquoi faire simple quand on peut faire compliqué?
Old 6 May 2021, 07:20 (Ref:4049974)   #1264
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Quote:
Originally Posted by John Elwin View Post
It works quite well - once you have actually got one!
Sure it works and sometimes better than should… In the hospital waiting room, I was standing close to foreigners, they were six with only one Carte Vitale, threatening the doctor and nurses!
Old 6 May 2021, 07:25 (Ref:4049978)   #1265
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
For a race meeting I wonder how they will manage now. OK for the video briefing, I like it, easy to understand, easy to watch it several times just in case et signature électronique. But at some point you must show your papers I guess. Imagine a foreigner, passport, pass sanitaire, driving licence, race licence, insurances, entry fee and what else? Not mentioning scrutineering of the car including race gear… What a hassle!
Old 6 May 2021, 07:29 (Ref:4049979)   #1266
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Health protocol for GPH de F: https://www.mastershistoricracing.co...21%20V5ENG.pdf
Old 6 May 2021, 12:03 (Ref:4050020)   #1267
Lancsbreaker
Veteran

England
Padiham, Lancashire
Quote:
For a race meeting I wonder how they will manage now. OK for the video briefing, I like it, easy to understand, easy to watch it several times just in case et signature électronique. But at some point you must show your papers I guess. Imagine a foreigner, passport, pass sanitaire, driving licence, race licence, insurances, entry fee and what else? Not mentioning scrutineering of the car including race gear… What a hassle!

Currently in UK for each event we sign-on electronically, self-declaring that the car and our kit is compliant (including advising details of make and expiry of helmet, Hans etc), have to send the organisers a photo of our competition licence (once per organiser for the year), and have to have a mobile with us at the circuit to enable organisers to contact us for any judicial etc matters. No printed results - everything done via online means. Worked OK at Oulton, but could be fun at some circuits unless they've boosted their mobile signals lately.

There is provision for spot-checks for scrutineers to do physical inspection if required. At the circuit masks must be worn everywhere apart from in the paddock where full social distancing can be guaranteed, or when sat in the race car.
Old 12 May 2021, 18:18 (Ref:4051288)   #1268
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
New release today, number of entrants at track meetings not restricted, rallyes and hill climb restricted to 50 entrants till 8 June then up to 500. As to spectators nothing really clear atm, at least for me, because they are talking about a pass sanitaire not available yet and many details are TBC and/or depending on… If nothing changes might be better early July.
Old 12 May 2021, 20:01 (Ref:4051309)   #1269
Lancsbreaker
Veteran

England
Padiham, Lancashire
It seems as if circuits will be allowed 4000 spectators now....though not sure if that is a blanket figure, as 4000 at Mallory might seem a lot, whereas at Oulton you wouldn't notice them It will be fine for any Club meeti ng, though, as they won't get anything like that!
Old 12 May 2021, 20:26 (Ref:4051317)   #1270
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
4000 is better than nothing, just a shame we couldn’t have even 1% of that figure prior to now, for reasons best known to the government
Old 12 May 2021, 21:43 (Ref:4051327)   #1271
Alfaholic
Veteran

England
Felixstowe
Alfaholic should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridAlfaholic should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
It seems as if circuits will be allowed 4000 spectators now....though not sure if that is a blanket figure, as 4000 at Mallory might seem a lot, whereas at Oulton you wouldn't notice them It will be fine for any Club meeti ng, though, as they won't get anything like that!
I think it's a maximum of 4000 people or 50% of the maximium capacity of the venue. Therefore Mallory could hold 4000 people due to the size of the place, but a 6000 seater football stadium would be limited to 3000 attending if I've got the right regulations.

From 21st June (if all goes well), there should be no restriction on spectator numbers - https://www.gov.uk/government/public...al-authorities
Old 12 May 2021, 21:53 (Ref:4051329)   #1272
Lancsbreaker
Veteran

England
Padiham, Lancashire
Thanks for clarification......I suppose circuits must have a maximum capacity, but never heard of them, or any idea how they could be calculated .
Old 13 May 2021, 07:17 (Ref:4051381)   #1273
Mike Harte
Veteran

United Kingdom
W. Yorkshire
Mike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Thanks for clarification......I suppose circuits must have a maximum capacity, but never heard of them, or any idea how they could be calculated .

I don't know the current figures, Richard, but Sillystone have nearly always set a maximum number of tickets for the GP every year, so one would assume that that is their maximum capacity I would have have thought?
Old 13 May 2021, 08:48 (Ref:4051402)   #1274
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Quote:
After "villages" they are talking about "bubbles" now… Each bubble is supposed to contain 5000 people. Does this mean that we could have one 4000 and one 6000 in the same area? What can happen when a bubble meets another one? And if they keep the 6 or 10 person standing close to each other thingy, does this mean that each bubble needs 50 toilets? I guess 50 almost clean toilets is what you can meet driving from Calais to Marseille…
Old 13 May 2021, 09:06 (Ref:4051410)   #1275
John Elwin
Veteran

France
Pas de Calais
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Harte View Post
I don't know the current figures, Richard, but Sillystone have nearly always set a maximum number of tickets for the GP every year, so one would assume that that is their maximum capacity I would have have thought?
I may be wrong but I seem to remember hearing years ago that maximum capacity numbers were dictated by what the local infrastructure could cope with - water, sewage etc.