Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Australasian Touring Cars.

Old 29 Aug 2005, 10:53 (Ref:1393615)   #1
A9X Racer
Rookie

Australia
Brisbane Australia
A9X Racer should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Info and pics needed

Hi all,

I am trying to track any information and pictures on the ford sierra that was driven by Greg Murphy and Kayne Scott in 1992. it was sponsored by Whittakers chocolate with the main being the peanut slab.

Any and all help would be greatly appreciated

thanks heaps
A9X Racer
Old 29 Aug 2005, 10:59 (Ref:1393617)   #2
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Um, where was this chassis raced? Presumably the NZ series?

I can recall a Sierra run by Mr Petch's operation for Robbie Francevic in the Whittaker's Peanut Slab colours, with Gianfranco Brancatelli at Bathurst one year...

.. and that either it, or a similar Sierra, was modified to a sports sedan class in NZ, with BP signage..

Can't ever remember Mr Murphy having driven a Sierra on this side of the ditch...
“Everybody Lies” - Dr Gregory House
Old 29 Aug 2005, 11:09 (Ref:1393623)   #3
Just Do It!
Veteran

Just Do It! should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridJust Do It! should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridJust Do It! should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
You are right.... I think it was a Petch entry with Kane Scott at the Wellington Street Race for memory
Old 29 Aug 2005, 12:23 (Ref:1393657)   #4
SkaifeHRT
Racer

Australia
Melbourne, Victoria Australia
SkaifeHRT has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
I've found some pics of the car on Greg Murphy's site murph.co.nz , however I'm not sure if I'm allowed to post them here due to copyright rules. In any case, you can join the site (it's free) and view them yourself. On the menu on the left hand side, go to "History In Pix", and then the sub category "Tourers". There are two fairly good pics of the car.