Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > National & International Single Seaters

Old 19 Nov 2007, 18:24 (Ref:2071050)   #51
Daisy
Veteran

Netherlands
The Netherlands
Daisy should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Jaime Alguersuari joins Carlin for British F3 2008. So Carlin and Red Bull seem to be a partnership now (Hartley is in as well and good chanses Wickens joins WSR with them).
Old 19 Nov 2007, 20:27 (Ref:2071140)   #52
strider
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Middle Earth
strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!
More details here. It will be interesting to see how Alguersuari gets on, because the circuits will be completely new to him and he has stiff competition in Brendon Hartley.

Carlin have had the benefit of a strong association with Red Bull for a while now. It's interesting that Dr Marko seems to rate BF3 above ESF3 as a training ground for young drivers.
Old 27 Nov 2007, 11:56 (Ref:2076389)   #53
Last2LiftOff
Veteran

Canada
Six Jolly Fellowship Porters
Last2LiftOff will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameLast2LiftOff will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameLast2LiftOff will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameLast2LiftOff will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameLast2LiftOff will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameLast2LiftOff will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameLast2LiftOff will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameLast2LiftOff will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameLast2LiftOff will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Okay, I'll post it...Canada rides with Fortec next year.

Full article. Atta boy Phil, that changes everything.
Quote:
Canadian Majorspeed.com driver Philip Major has announced that he has signed with Fortec Motorsport Ltd, for the 2008 Lloyds TSB Insurance British F3 International Series.
Um, how'd Fortec do last year?
Old 27 Nov 2007, 12:08 (Ref:2076394)   #54
Alex K
Veteran

United Kingdom
England
Alex K has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Marcus is a good driver, he knows the circuits, no worries mate your countryman has got good benchmark and set-up giver ;-).
Old 27 Nov 2007, 13:23 (Ref:2076457)   #55
Lightning Bug
Racer

Lightning Bug should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Last2LiftOff
Um, how'd Fortec do last year?
One win with Sebastian Hohenthal, one truckload of trouble with the Mansells
Old 27 Nov 2007, 15:27 (Ref:2076557)   #56
strider
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Middle Earth
strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!
Mention of Hohenthal reminds me that we haven't heard his plans for next year yet, nor those of Sam Bird, Niall Breen and Rodolfo Gonzalez. That's a useful quartet of drivers, three of them race winners already.
Old 27 Nov 2007, 15:32 (Ref:2076561)   #57
MikeHoyer
Veteran

United Kingdom
Northampton, UK
MikeHoyer should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridMikeHoyer should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridMikeHoyer should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Pretty sure Gonzalez has signed for Ultimate, he's certainly been testing for them.
Old 27 Nov 2007, 19:38 (Ref:2076746)   #58
runshaw
Veteran

England
Lancashire UK
runshaw should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
And Hohental has been testing with Hitech alongside Grubmuller (who's already signed again for next year), not sure where Seb is going to end up though.
Old 27 Nov 2007, 20:28 (Ref:2076783)   #59
Alex K
Veteran

United Kingdom
England
AFAIK Sam Bird is testing for VW in shootout for places in at Signature and RC Motorsport?! But, am not 100% positive.
Old 27 Nov 2007, 23:56 (Ref:2076923)   #60
Last2LiftOff
Veteran

Canada
Last2LiftOff will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameLast2LiftOff will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameLast2LiftOff will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameLast2LiftOff will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameLast2LiftOff will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameLast2LiftOff will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameLast2LiftOff will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameLast2LiftOff will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameLast2LiftOff will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alex K
AFAIK Sam Bird is testing for VW in shootout for places in at Signature and RC Motorsport?! But, am not 100% positive.
Sorry Alex, but VW so EuroF3 then?
Old 28 Nov 2007, 00:07 (Ref:2076928)   #61
Alex K
Veteran

United Kingdom
England
Yeah, but still don't know if it's true?
NB. Hohenthal, it's really tough time in Sweden, everyone's collecting money ;-), even Alx isn't sure what next

There is one or seat(s) left in at Carlin Motorsport, hope Bird and Hohenthal can fill them?!
Old 28 Nov 2007, 08:59 (Ref:2077104)   #62
bella
Race Official
Veteran

France
bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!
italiaracing had that great big list of people who were testing with vw, and there were people in it who had already signed for 2008, so go figure.
Old 28 Nov 2007, 13:08 (Ref:2077242)   #63
strider
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Middle Earth
Quote:
I thought Signature were sticking with Mercedes next year?
Old 28 Nov 2007, 14:45 (Ref:2077316)   #64
Alex K
Veteran

United Kingdom
England
No, they signed with VW Motorsport.
Old 28 Nov 2007, 14:52 (Ref:2077319)   #65
strider
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Middle Earth
Yes, thanks, I just spotted that in another thread as well. It will be interesting to see how well the VW engine goes this year. There are rumours that they are introducing a new engine already, although I don't know which producton engine it would be based on. There is also talk of a budget of 6m Euros for the engine development programme, which is very serious money indeed.
Old 29 Nov 2007, 10:40 (Ref:2077854)   #66
strider
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Middle Earth
Sam Abay is the latest driver to be confirmed by Carlin Motorsport. Story here. It amuses me how these releases are issued when most people seem to have known the deal was done ages ago. Still, it's a good story.
Old 29 Nov 2007, 12:14 (Ref:2077903)   #67
Last2LiftOff
Veteran

Canada
Uno seat left then at Carlin F3? Any numero uno's for that?
Old 1 Dec 2007, 14:44 (Ref:2079352)   #68
cg7aa
Veteran

cg7aa should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
If what I heard the other day is true, JTR will be stepping up into F3 next season with Mygale (Nick Tandy at the wheel). IF it is true, I'd say watch out for Nick when he finds his feet. He is pretty useful behind the wheel!

Equally, whoever I heard this from may well have been pulling my leg so don't quote me on that!
Old 1 Dec 2007, 14:46 (Ref:2079353)   #69
Alex K
Veteran

United Kingdom
England
Pardon my ignorance, what's JTR?
Old 1 Dec 2007, 15:52 (Ref:2079377)   #70
Valker
Veteran

Finland
Tampere, Finland
Valker should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Pardon my ignorance, what's JTR?
Joe Tandy Racing, a Formula Ford team. I believe Joe is Nick's brother.
Old 1 Dec 2007, 17:07 (Ref:2079415)   #71
kipper
Veteran

England
Leics
kipper should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridkipper should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by cg7aa
If what I heard the other day is true, JTR will be stepping up into F3 next season with Mygale (Nick Tandy at the wheel).
Autosport did report this a couple of weeks ago.
Old 2 Dec 2007, 00:02 (Ref:2079587)   #72
cg7aa
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by kipper
Autosport did report this a couple of weeks ago.
Apparently so, I would have posted this much earlier but I wanted to make sure it was ok to do so hence the delay. Anyway, its something to do with a parting of ways between Mygale and Ultimate.
Old 3 Dec 2007, 13:34 (Ref:2080639)   #73
Last2LiftOff
Veteran

Canada
Daniel Morad should have a go with Carlin. Anyone with a test schedule handy, what's next?
Old 3 Dec 2007, 15:14 (Ref:2080702)   #74
runshaw
Veteran

England
Lancashire UK
runshaw should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by cg7aa
If what I heard the other day is true, JTR will be stepping up into F3 next season with Mygale (Nick Tandy at the wheel). IF it is true, I'd say watch out for Nick when he finds his feet. He is pretty useful behind the wheel!
He is indeed useful behind the wheel...But Joe is as good as if not better than him! Stange how the 2005 FPA champion can just sit and watch his younger brother race in FF and now F3. He should be a driver manager.
Old 4 Dec 2007, 13:41 (Ref:2081396)   #75
cg7aa
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by runshaw
He is indeed useful behind the wheel...But Joe is as good as if not better than him! Stange how the 2005 FPA champion can just sit and watch his younger brother race in FF and now F3. He should be a driver manager.
I think he is managing his younger brother's career. JTR = Joe Tandy Racing