Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > 24 Heures du Mans

Old 26 May 2015, 17:15 (Ref:3541455)   #551
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by andy_b View Post
My Le Mans Spotter Guide will be out by 5th June, updated again after Scruitneering
Marvelous. Just in time to print out before I head off the next day! Perfect timing Andy - many thanks
Old 26 May 2015, 23:20 (Ref:3541595)   #552
vincegail
Veteran

Netherlands
Antwerp, Belgium
vincegail has a real shot at the podium!vincegail has a real shot at the podium!vincegail has a real shot at the podium!vincegail has a real shot at the podium!vincegail has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by andy_b View Post
My Le Mans Spotter Guide will be out by 5th June, updated again after Scruitneering
As I will be Sarthe-based for quite some time before that, I've already googled a Le Mans-based printshop to have it printed, laminated and ringed
Thx Andy!
Old 27 May 2015, 13:33 (Ref:3541738)   #553
Deleted
Veteran

Deleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Entries for the Aston support race:

GT2 16 Alpha Classics Racing Hiroyuki Akane Andrew Jarman
GT2 7 Beechdean AMR Andrew Howard
GT2 98 Gulf Racing for ROFGO Roald Goethe
GT3 2 Beechdean AMR Phil Drybrugh
GT3 52 Motionsport Simon Phillips Peter Storey
GT3 21 Strata 21 Paul White Tom Onslow Cole
GT3 35 Motorbase Ahmad Al Harthy
GT3 36 Motorbase Liam Griffin
GT3 81 TRG AMR Kevin Buckler
GT3 82 TRG AMR Christina Nielsen
GT3 11 22 GT Racing Mark Farmer
GT3 32 22 GT Racing Tom Alexander
GT4 41 Academy Motorsport Will Moore
GT4 42 Academy Motorsport Matt Nicoll-Jones
GT4 4 Aston Martin Belgium Arnold Herreman
GT4 19 Aston Martin Belgium Jean-Paul Herreman
GT4 48 Alfab AMR TBC
GT4 43 Aston Martin Lagonda TBC
GT4 44 Aston Martin Lagonda TBC
GT4 76 Aston Martin St Gallen Andreas Baenziger
GT4 1 Beechdean AMR Paul Hollywood David Richards
GT4 47 JWB Motorsports Kieran Griffin Paul Dehadray
GT4 25 Speedworks Ron Johnson
GT4 55 Stratton Motorsport Dominique Bastien
GT4 56 Stratton Motorsport Peter Montague Zak Mercer
GT4 57 Stratton Motorsport Pierre Mantello
GT4 58 Stratton Motorsport Robin Marriott
GT4 59 Stratton Motorsport David Tinn
GT4 83 TRG AMR Derek DeBoer Bob Bramlage
GT4 88 TRG AMR Greg Milzcik
GT4 84 TRG AMR Jeff Huber
GT4 85 TRG AMR Fred Schulte
GT4 86 TRG AMR Alex Welch
GT4 87 TRG AMR Ben Keating
GT4 24 Vantage Racing Tom Black
GT4 91 Vantage Racing Chris Kemp
GT4 12 22 GT Racing Mika Brown Chris Brown
INV – GT12 6 Aston Martin Lagonda TBC
INV – GT12 3 Aston Martin Lagonda TBC
INV – LMP1 9 Gulf Racing for ROFGO Stuart Hall
INV – GT1 95 Young Driver Jan Struve
INV – Zagato 59 Young Driver Jac Nellmann

It's gonna suck if they're not gonna allow the Lola or DBR9 take the overall win.

Some fleet from TRG
Old 27 May 2015, 14:27 (Ref:3541753)   #554
carbon_titanium
Veteran

carbon_titanium should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridcarbon_titanium should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Does anybody know if the le mans race pack from fiawec.com includes qualifying sessions too?
Old 27 May 2015, 15:17 (Ref:3541764)   #555
NelisB
Veteran

Netherlands
Deventer
NelisB should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Simmi View Post
Livery for the AAI #67

I think all those logos down the middle are part of Maassen's crowd-funding. Looks decent enough though. Got a soft spot for that shape of Porsche.
Is this going to be the last time we see the 997 RSR at Le Mans? With so many team switching to the new 991 RSR and all...
Old 28 May 2015, 13:23 (Ref:3542077)   #556
Ginaro Zukovsky
Racer

Ginaro Zukovsky should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by carbon_titanium View Post
Does anybody know if the le mans race pack from fiawec.com includes qualifying sessions too?
I assume so given every other WEC race includes qualifying - although if you are able to buy Eurosport player then I'd recommend that instead, as it's cheaper, you can rewind the action and also get a commentary/ad-free stream.
Old 29 May 2015, 23:34 (Ref:3542706)   #557
rich07
Veteran

Australia
Victoria
rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mechanic Z View Post
The 997 GT2/ GTE is a gorgeous car, particularly in ALMS Falken livery (or classic Lizard livery). The 991 is alright, but not as pretty as the old girl, IMO.

This livery's okay, though I'm not a fan of the sponsor jumble on the hood (or bonnet) and roof

I don't mind the sponsor jumble on the roof and bonnet as it's squared off so it looks like a mess but in a contained area so not bad. Loving the Buddy Club signage on the sides, seen that on a few of their racers and it never looks bad.
Old 30 May 2015, 05:47 (Ref:3542733)   #558
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!
IMHO the new 997 liveries are not a scratch on the old Lizard cars, by far the most eye catching cars of the last few years
Old 30 May 2015, 10:35 (Ref:3542797)   #559
PascaLM
Race Official
Veteran

France
Near Blois, France
PascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Kazuki Nakajima will drive tomorrow after a medical check-up (E.I.).
Old 2 Jun 2015, 12:00 (Ref:3544167)   #560
Mike E
Veteran

Mike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Wow - that really seems to have taken a step up this year. Was not expecting to see that many GT40s!
The penny has finally dropped! Sorry, I'm a bit slow on the uptake here. Clearly the Le Mans Legends eligible time period has been pushed out to allow GT40s into the race because........

Ford is announcing their new GTE program.

And they said I would never amount to anything.
Old 2 Jun 2015, 12:40 (Ref:3544177)   #561
Simmi
Veteran

United Kingdom
Simmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike E View Post
The penny has finally dropped! Sorry, I'm a bit slow on the uptake here. Clearly the Le Mans Legends eligible time period has been pushed out to allow GT40s into the race because........

Ford is announcing their new GTE program.

And they said I would never amount to anything.
Yep I can just see the photo opportunity now. Can't wait to see what the new car looks like.
Old 2 Jun 2015, 16:30 (Ref:3544247)   #562
canamman
Veteran

United States
canamman should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridcanamman should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridcanamman should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Just curious, is this a strong entry list this year
for LMP1 works teams? If so , what year would
it compare to?
Old 2 Jun 2015, 18:03 (Ref:3544280)   #563
Simmi
Veteran

United Kingdom
Simmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by canamman View Post
it compare to?
It's a very strong year. The best works P1 grid we've had since the turn of the millennium. 1998/1999 were hugely strong years for works involvement - but what's great about right now is the fact that all these cars are competing throughout the year in the WEC. Rather than one race a year at Le Mans.

Also as an aside - it looks like we might have a Garage 56 confirmed for next year: http://www.dailysportscar.com/2015/0...confirmed.html
Old 2 Jun 2015, 18:03 (Ref:3544281)   #564
PascaLM
Race Official
Veteran

France
Near Blois, France
PascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
it compare to?
1999 : BMW, Toyota, Mercedes, Audi.
1998 : BMW, Toyota, Mercedes, Nissan.
1989 : Jaguar, Nissan, Sauber-Mercedes, Toyota
and 86 to 89 : Porsche, Jaguar, Sauber-Mercedes, Nissan, Toyota

Usually there are big duels : Audi vs Toyota, Audi vs Peugeot, Porsche vs Renault, Ferrari vs Matra, Ferrari vs Ford...
Old 2 Jun 2015, 20:09 (Ref:3544318)   #565
Damian Baldi
Veteran

Argentina
Buenos Aires, Argentina
Damian Baldi should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDamian Baldi should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDamian Baldi should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by PascaLM View Post
and 86 to 89 : Porsche, Jaguar, Sauber-Mercedes, Nissan, Toyota
Don't forget Mazda and Lancia
Old 2 Jun 2015, 21:30 (Ref:3544343)   #566
Mike E
Veteran

Mike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Also as an aside - it looks like we might have a Garage 56 confirmed for next year: http://www.dailysportscar.com/2015/0...confirmed.html
Wow, that sounds like an incredible challenge.
Old 3 Jun 2015, 14:53 (Ref:3544584)   #567
Coach Ep
Veteran

Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
It's a very strong year. The best works P1 grid we've had since the turn of the millennium. 1998/1999 were hugely strong years for works involvement - but what's great about right now is the fact that all these cars are competing throughout the year in the WEC. Rather than one race a year at Le Mans.
In 1998 Mercedes and Porsche ran in the FIA GT championship (still with the old style GT1/LMGTP cars).

And in 1999 the ALMS was pretty much becoming the world stage for Le Mans style racing (sportscars mixed with GTs). Don't forget that in '99 BMW was already in the series, Mercedes was about to join post LM - if not for their flying acts - and Audi participated at Sebring at the start of that year before a longtime full season commitment from 2000 onwards. Only Toyota didn't (or had no plans to) compete on an international level outside the big race itself.
Old 3 Jun 2015, 21:15 (Ref:3544711)   #568
canamman
Veteran

United States
canamman should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridcanamman should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridcanamman should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Well I had to do it. Since this will be a strong field of factory teams
amongst others, I just placed an order with my computer guy to build
me a desktop computer with a 27" monitor (with a video card that
can run up to 3 monitors for future expansion), plus a wireless
key board and mouse that will operate up to 30 ft away. Time to
graduate from the laptop and have live streaming and timing and
scoring in a bigger way.
Old 4 Jun 2015, 05:53 (Ref:3544809)   #569
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Well I had to do it. Since this will be a strong field of factory teams
amongst others, I just placed an order with my computer guy to build
me a desktop computer with a 27" monitor (with a video card that
can run up to 3 monitors for future expansion), plus a wireless
key board and mouse that will operate up to 30 ft away. Time to
graduate from the laptop and have live streaming and timing and
scoring in a bigger way.
Or you could book a week off work and join the growing list of fans making the trip in June from the USA to the great race, you will never have a better holiday
Old 5 Jun 2015, 08:11 (Ref:3545114)   #570
Samoan Attorney
Veteran

Samoan Attorney should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSamoan Attorney should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSamoan Attorney should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
A change to the line up at Greaves Motorsport details HERE
Old 5 Jun 2015, 08:19 (Ref:3545115)   #571
Mike E
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samoan Attorney View Post
A change to the line up at Greaves Motorsport details HERE
I was thinking this morning that we might have had all of the changes by now. Bad luck for Wirdheim.
Old 5 Jun 2015, 09:34 (Ref:3545128)   #572
Hawkwood
Veteran

United Kingdom
Warrington
Hawkwood should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHawkwood should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
So Greaves drop away from being one of the favourites?
A big shame for Wirdheim.
Old 5 Jun 2015, 10:19 (Ref:3545134)   #573
Mr Pink
Veteran

Sweden
Sweden
Mr Pink should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Damn.. I was looking forward to seeing how Björn fared.
Old 5 Jun 2015, 10:33 (Ref:3545136)   #574
rich07
Veteran

Australia
Victoria
rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawkwood View Post
So Greaves drop away from being one of the favourites?
A big shame for Wirdheim.
Yes a massive shame for Wirdheim, I too was looking forward to seeing how he would go with Greaves. Nothing against Paletou, hes shown for sure that he has talent but Wirdheim certainly deserved that seat and now hes gone just so Nissan could say that they get a gamer to Le Mans in 300 days. Guess thats their perogative seeing as though they pay the bills but still leaves a sour taste in ones mouth.
Old 5 Jun 2015, 14:22 (Ref:3545202)   #575
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Hmmm......

Just Hmmm.....