Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing

Old 30 Jul 2003, 13:49 (Ref:675323)   #1
vandijk
Veteran

Netherlands
vandijk should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridvandijk should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Pictures LM2003 (230+) and SPA2003 (70+) online

All,

I takes some time...but the result is great! I decided to buy myself a domainname and spend the last two weeks on building a website and making my 1100+ pictures of Le Mans 2003 ready for the web to share them with you. 230+ of them are online seperated over 6 or 7 categories.

I have done the same for the 24hrs of Spa last weekend. Actually they were already online before the end of the race due to the Belgium rain (we left at 23:30)...

Anyway please take a look at www.vandijkonline.net and let me know what you think of the site/pictures. Let me know if you would like to exchange links with your GT racing site.

Cheers!
Sander.
Old 30 Jul 2003, 14:22 (Ref:675344)   #2
Osella
Veteran

Osella should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
fantastic! thankyou
Old 30 Jul 2003, 16:10 (Ref:675438)   #3
vandijk
Veteran

Netherlands
vandijk should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridvandijk should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by Osella
fantastic! thankyou
Thanks Osella! You're welcome. Next set of pictures will probably be of the '1000Km du Mans' on November 9th.

Very curious which teams will attend!

/s.
Old 30 Jul 2003, 17:15 (Ref:675502)   #4
SALEEN S7R
Veteran

England
Poole, England
SALEEN S7R should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridSALEEN S7R should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridSALEEN S7R should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Vandijk, great photos! Good to see the Spa 24hrs is getting more and more media attention.
Old 30 Jul 2003, 17:20 (Ref:675509)   #5
vandijk
Veteran

Netherlands
Quote:
Good to see the Spa 24hrs is getting more and more media attention
You are right Saleen S7R. It is a nice circuit, the line-up was quite good and the organisation is doing a good job (altough, I just received my tickets a couple of minutes ago... and have to send them back). Too bad that some exotict have withdrawn before the race. I will give them another chance next year.

/s.
Old 30 Jul 2003, 18:31 (Ref:675575)   #6
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
vandijk - your Le Mans pictures are excellent. Thanks for sharing them with us (and I'd personally love to exchange links).

But I presume you have some form of media accreditation? You seem to have managed to avoid the pure amateur's major pitfall at Le Mans - the dreaded debris fencing......
Old 30 Jul 2003, 18:50 (Ref:675608)   #7
vandijk
Veteran

Netherlands
Quote:
Originally posted by Aysedasi
vandijk - your Le Mans pictures are excellent. Thanks for sharing them with us (and I'd personally love to exchange links).

But I presume you have some form of media accreditation? You seem to have managed to avoid the pure amateur's major pitfall at Le Mans - the dreaded debris fencing......
That's the best comment I ever had! Actually I started with photography in 2000 (a small Canon Ixus). The first year all my pictures had fences on it. At night it was even worse... I had lighted fenses and nothing else . Anyway I moved to a Minolta 505 and tried again a year later. They were slightly better but I ended with pictures without 'speed'. Switched to Minolta Dynax 5 and later to a Canon EOS5. Actually that was the best move. I bought myself a fixed 2.8 200mm, tons of films and tried to find sites on the net with shutter speeds etc besides the shown pictures. Then there is only one thing to do... shoot as much as you can!

To come back on your second question; no! After three years of fences everyone can find the right spots without fencing and, if you take a good look, you actually do see some pictures with the fencing! But because of the tracking (is that the right phrase guys?) you do not see it that much. I would love to have media accreditation but there is no way to get it I presume (anyone?).
Old 30 Jul 2003, 19:28 (Ref:675645)   #8
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Ah well, you clearly have a better eye than me! I've been shooting at Le Mans for 18 years and your pics are far better than the majority of mine. Well done my friend.
Old 30 Jul 2003, 19:49 (Ref:675658)   #9
fabvt
Rookie

fabvt should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Hi Vandijk,

Guess what, I directly updated my bookmarks with your website !

So great !!!

Spa-Francorchamps, the world's most beautiful track !
Old 31 Jul 2003, 10:19 (Ref:676132)   #10
vandijk
Veteran

Netherlands
Thanks Guys!

I appreciate your comments and thanks for placing links to my site. I appreciate that!

Maybe, if I have some time soon, I can write an article about the way I took my pictures. You know, the places around the circuit, when to be where, what shutterspeeds etc.

/s.
Old 31 Jul 2003, 10:31 (Ref:676143)   #11
cybersdorf
Veteran

Austria
Vienna, Austria
cybersdorf should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridcybersdorf should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
superb!
Old 31 Jul 2003, 12:07 (Ref:676222)   #12
halfwitt
Rookie

halfwitt should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Excellent!! Night photos in particular sum up the atmosphere. Keep up the good work
Old 31 Jul 2003, 17:18 (Ref:676478)   #13
KC
Veteran

United States
Tulsa, Oklahoma, USA
KC should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridKC should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Fantastic work! You should seek to publishing for these. Well done.
Never forget #99
Old 31 Jul 2003, 18:17 (Ref:676527)   #14
vandijk
Veteran

Netherlands
Quote:
Originally posted by KC
Fantastic work! You should seek to publishing for these. Well done.
Thanks for dropping a comment KC, I would love to but I am not sure how to approach. It is currently not more then an expensive hobby ! Actually this is already very nice, share them for free among the real fans.

/s.
Old 31 Jul 2003, 19:57 (Ref:676612)   #15
KC
Veteran

United States
Tulsa, Oklahoma, USA
KC should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridKC should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I know the feeling, I have just today mailed a CD with pictures of the drag boat races I have attended this year to a national mag covering the sport. They are going to review them for publishing.
Never forget #99
Old 1 Aug 2003, 01:17 (Ref:676770)   #16
PascaLM
Race Official
Veteran

France
Near Blois, France
PascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Excellent

Long life to your site. Very good shots, good size !

See you in november for the next TT members meeting !

Last edited by PascaLM; 1 Aug 2003 at 01:23.
Old 2 Aug 2003, 15:08 (Ref:677888)   #17
Fab
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

European Union
Hicksville...
Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!
A real wonderful job ! I've putted your site in my favourites... congrats !
Old 3 Aug 2003, 08:16 (Ref:678381)   #18
vandijk
Veteran

Netherlands
Thanks Fab,

I've seen the first movie grabs yesterday and they were aswesome as well. Image quality and sound were really good. We will try to put some online this week! I hope you have a broadband connection .

/s.
Old 4 Aug 2003, 18:21 (Ref:679835)   #19
danhx
Racer

danhx should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Seriously impressive stuff. I only saw one shot with the fence in there! I've been trying to get photos like that for years, but with a better camera and more know-how than me you've done a great job.

Good links too...I'd never seen beermountain.com before
Old 4 Aug 2003, 19:55 (Ref:679895)   #20
spanner
Veteran

United Kingdom
Mid Beds, "The UK's rubbish dump"
spanner should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Wow, good photos!!!

But can someone explain what this is?
http://www.vandijkonline.net/SPA03_j...-2003-110.html
Old 4 Aug 2003, 20:24 (Ref:679916)   #21
EliseGT1
Racer

EliseGT1 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
It's a Vertigo Streiff, formerly known as a Gillet Vertigo. Has an Alfa Romeo V6 in it. One of die hard privateers that will always try to come back at Spa, just like the WR's at Le Mans.

Last edited by EliseGT1; 4 Aug 2003 at 20:29.
Old 5 Aug 2003, 03:21 (Ref:680129)   #22
mickj
Racer

mickj should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Any reason for the Vertigo name change??. Company takeover or injection of money.
Old 5 Aug 2003, 07:33 (Ref:680214)   #23
spanner
Veteran

United Kingdom
Mid Beds, "The UK's rubbish dump"
spanner should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I first thought it was a marcos, but didnt quite look right.Is it just a space frame derived car or is this car available to buy? Not that i could afford it
Old 5 Aug 2003, 08:50 (Ref:680283)   #24
vandijk
Veteran

Netherlands
Mickj, Vertigo Streiff is new version of the Vertigo modell, now with a 3.6ltr engine I believe. The, Belgium based, company is still callled Gillet (Tony Gillet is the founder). I'm just reading on their website that Gillet sold one of its cars in '94 or so to an old F1 driver called Phillipe Streiff. As Streiff was involved in an F1 accident ('89) and is handicpated nowadays this version was completely adapted for his handicaps. Maybe Streiff joined the company...

Funny that not many people know the Vertigo given that it holds (maybe did hold) the offical (or Belgium only?) record for fasted 0 to 100Km/h for a production car (I beleive 3.2s or something).

The enigne used for racing is a 3 litre alfa 166/GTV V6 with aprox 385BHP.

Spanner; Car is available, 85K Euro's, +15K Euro for the Streiff version. Is has an in house developed carbon chassis.

/s.
Old 5 Aug 2003, 08:59 (Ref:680290)   #25
vandijk
Veteran

Netherlands
Quote:
Originally posted by danhx
Seriously impressive stuff. I only saw one shot with the fence in there! I've been trying to get photos like that for years, but with a better camera and more know-how than me you've done a great job.

Good links too...I'd never seen beermountain.com before
Thanks danhx!

Beermountain is good fun! Check their entertaining links section as well - thebrethren, The Pie Eaters, Lunatics at Le Mans, FartLM and the ****S!

/s.