Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Australasian Touring Cars.

View Poll Results: Who will win the 2020 VASC Series?
#25 WAU - Chaz Mostert - Commodore 1 2.04%
#4 JSR - Jack Smith - Commodore 1 2.04%
#5 Tickford - Lee Holdsworth - Mustang 0 0%
#6 Tickford - Cam Waters - Mustang 2 4.08%
#7 KR - Andre Heimgartner - Mustang 0 0%
#8 BJR - Nick Percat - Commodore 0 0%
#9 Erebus - David Reynolds - Commodore 0 0%
#12 DJRTP - Fabian Coulthard - Mustang 0 0%
#14 BJR - Todd Hazelwood - Commodore 0 0%
#15 KR - Rick Kelly - Mustang 0 0%
#17 DJRTP - Scott McLaughlin - Mustang 25 51.02%
#18 Team18 - Mark Winterbottom - Commodore 0 0%
#19 Team Sydney - James Courtney - Commodore 1 2.04%
#3 TBR - Macauley Jones - Commodore 1 2.04%
#2 WAU - Bryce Fullwood - Commodore 0 0%
#23 23Red - Will Davison - Mustang 0 0%
#34 MSR - Zane Goddard/Jake Kostecki - Commodore 1 2.04%
#35 MSR - Garry Jacobson - Commodore 0 0%
#55 Tickford - Jack Le Brocq - Mustang 0 0%
#20 Team18 - Scott Pye - Commodore 0 0%
#88 RBHRT - Jamie Whincup - Commodore 5 10.20%
#22 Team Sydney - Chris Pither - Commodore 0 0%
#97 RBHRT - Shane Van Gisbergen - Commodore 12 24.49%
#99 Erebus - Anton de Pasquale - Commodore 0 0%
Voters: 49. You may not vote on this poll

Old 7 Nov 2019, 07:07 (Ref:3939015)   #626
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sandgroper View Post
SDS Off back to Europe, just announced
Story Here
“Everybody Lies” - Dr Gregory House
Old 7 Nov 2019, 07:10 (Ref:3939016)   #627
Razor
10-10ths official Trekkie
Veteran

Australia
Behind the wheel
Razor should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridRazor should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridRazor should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Bit disappointing with Simona going back to Europe with TAG Heuer Porsche. Imagine her in a Tickford Mustang or Triple Eight Commodore. She was squandered potential in a Kelly Krate,
Old 7 Nov 2019, 09:56 (Ref:3939031)   #628
E.B
Veteran

United Kingdom
About 7kms East of Albert Park Melbourne
E.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Razor View Post
Bit disappointing with Simona going back to Europe with TAG Heuer Porsche. Imagine her in a Tickford Mustang or Triple Eight Commodore. She was squandered potential in a Kelly Krate,
This.
Old 7 Nov 2019, 10:00 (Ref:3939033)   #629
rich07
Veteran

Australia
Victoria
rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Razor View Post

Couldn’t agree more.

Shame the Triple 8 deal didn’t cross the line. We would’ve seen her full potential then.
Old 7 Nov 2019, 11:29 (Ref:3939051)   #630
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Old 7 Nov 2019, 21:33 (Ref:3939122)   #631
Mixer
Veteran

Mixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Sadly her racing experience reflects that of her sponsor.

Overpriced and ordinary service that failed to deliver a result you'd come back for.

I think she deserved better.
Old 7 Nov 2019, 21:45 (Ref:3939124)   #632
mayhem
Veteran

Aruba
On that Island in LOST.
mayhem should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridmayhem should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
TA2 confirmed on Adelaide 500 bill
Old 7 Nov 2019, 21:51 (Ref:3939126)   #633
Mixer
Veteran

Mixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
OMG the whining about their only being 24 cars... Conspiracy theories abound.
Old 7 Nov 2019, 23:47 (Ref:3939136)   #634
bluesport
Veteran

Australia
bluesport User had had their licence endorsedbluesport User had had their licence endorsed
Quote:
Originally Posted by mayhem View Post
That's a more interesting category than supercars, more variety and potential, it's a wonder they have allowed it on the support bill.
Old 8 Nov 2019, 01:24 (Ref:3939153)   #635
Just Do It!
Veteran

Just Do It! should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridJust Do It! should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridJust Do It! should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mixer View Post
Sadly her racing experience reflects that of her sponsor.

Overpriced and ordinary service that failed to deliver a result you'd come back for.

I think she deserved better.
You forgot to add 24 months without any interest - sad really
Old 8 Nov 2019, 01:37 (Ref:3939154)   #636
Forda
Veteran

Forda should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Harvey Norman facilitated SDS's entire run in Supercars, for which she expressed gratitude.

Whether that funding was applied entirely to her car specifically, would be the real issue regarding the HN deal.
Old 8 Nov 2019, 04:01 (Ref:3939162)   #637
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
Old 8 Nov 2019, 05:22 (Ref:3939165)   #638
Sandgroper
Veteran

Australia
Perth WA (south of the river)
Sandgroper should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by GTRMagic View Post
WOAH that would work

As I have been preaching, Scotty was always destined for USA
and ADP only has a 1 year contract with Penrite if Im correct
Old 8 Nov 2019, 22:03 (Ref:3939308)   #639
mayhem
Veteran

Aruba
On that Island in LOST.
mayhem should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridmayhem should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Fullwood to WAU?
Old 8 Nov 2019, 23:20 (Ref:3939316)   #640
one five five
Veteran

one five five should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridone five five should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
OMG the whining about their only being 24 cars... Conspiracy theories abound.
Are they even at 24 yet?

Hasn’t been much noise about the second Team Sydney entry since the announcement?
Old 8 Nov 2019, 23:38 (Ref:3939318)   #641
Mixer
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by one five five View Post
Are they even at 24 yet?
The ******s on FB demand that there are 40 cars and it is a conspiracy that they won't allow more than 24, and surely they can just "add some more tents" to let them work on the cars....
Old 9 Nov 2019, 00:57 (Ref:3939328)   #642
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
[img]https://imgur.com/fI4RS3O.jpg[/url]

A brand that has appeared on Mr Brown’s Super2 car this year too.
Coincidence?
Old 9 Nov 2019, 01:06 (Ref:3939330)   #643
mayhem
Veteran

Aruba
On that Island in LOST.
Given the apparent pride and love of Thomas Randle at Tickford, why would they be looking at LeBroq and not Thomas? Or are they going to take both...?
Old 9 Nov 2019, 01:22 (Ref:3939333)   #644
Umai Naa
Veteran

Umai Naa should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridUmai Naa should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
The ******s on FB demand that there are 40 cars and it is a conspiracy that they won't allow more than 24, and surely they can just "add some more tents" to let them work on the cars....
It still surprises me how these so-called die-hard fans with their Ford/Holden-themed psuedonym user names and profile pictures, have so little clue as to how the whole thing works.
Old 9 Nov 2019, 01:33 (Ref:3939334)   #645
rich07
Veteran

Australia
Victoria
rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Umai Naa View Post
It still surprises me how these so-called die-hard fans with their Ford/Holden-themed psuedonym user names and profile pictures, have so little clue as to how the whole thing works.

It doesn’t surprise me from experience.

I find the Supercar fans who actually are a bit switched on and realise why things work and that everything isn’t conspiracy are fans of motorsport in general not just Supercars. That’s my experience over the years anyway.
Old 9 Nov 2019, 01:46 (Ref:3939341)   #646
Mixer
Veteran

Quote:
What I can't get with TA2 and TCR fans.

"Supercars is too artificial", loves TCR

"Supercars is too much like Nascar", loves TA2

WTF
Old 9 Nov 2019, 02:05 (Ref:3939345)   #647
Umai Naa
Veteran

Umai Naa should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridUmai Naa should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
What I can't get with TA2 and TCR fans.

"Supercars is too artificial", loves TCR

"Supercars is too much like Nascar", loves TA2

WTF
I guess it's just people coming across hypocritical when justifying their stance.
Old 9 Nov 2019, 06:39 (Ref:3939370)   #648
chavez
Veteran

Australia
The Basin, Victoria
chavez should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridchavez should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridchavez should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Casual fans might correctly ask why their sport has seemingly become smaller while other sports have grown exponentially.

Cricket via both the men's and women's Big Bash, the A League, NBL, WNBL, AFL and AWFL are examples of sports that have either started from scratch or have expanded over the recent years.

Somehow Supercars managed to take a sport that was capable of supporting 40 plus cars in the late 1990's to just over half of that next year.

Other than professional golf what other sport of the profile of Supercars done so poorly in maintaining the number of competitors in Australia over the last 20 years?
Old 9 Nov 2019, 09:42 (Ref:3939390)   #649
Jerico
Veteran

New Zealand
Jerico should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by chavez View Post
Casual fans might correctly ask why their sport has seemingly become smaller while other sports have grown exponentially.

Cricket via both the men's and women's Big Bash, the A League, NBL, WNBL, AFL and AWFL are examples of sports that have either started from scratch or have expanded over the recent years.

Somehow Supercars managed to take a sport that was capable of supporting 40 plus cars in the late 1990's to just over half of that next year.

Other than professional golf what other sport of the profile of Supercars done so poorly in maintaining the number of competitors in Australia over the last 20 years?
One of the reasons is right there in your post.
Old 9 Nov 2019, 10:56 (Ref:3939400)   #650
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
How hard might it be to imagine that a works BMW supported team, formerly a works Holden team, with an occasional works BMW GT driver aboard, might just be in the series next season?

Announcement imminent. Maybe.

The other story was that Mr Penske looked behind the couch cushions, found a few bucks, and bought the series from Archer.

One is right, or none, or both.

Let’s see...