Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Classic Cars Monthly Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Historic Racing & Motorsport History > Historic Racing Today

Old 18 Jun 2019, 19:36 (Ref:3912736)   #76
Willmaz223
Veteran

Willmaz223 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridWillmaz223 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Very odd if MRL have struggled with sportscars.Every year that I can remember they've got 40 plus in both grids.
Old 24 Jun 2019, 09:56 (Ref:3913891)   #77
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Just communicated with Rachel Bailey who is putting me in the same garage as Delta for the International Trophy race.
Old 25 Jun 2019, 17:00 (Ref:3914161)   #78
delta
Subscriber
Veteran

United Kingdom
Reading UK
delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter Mallett View Post
Just communicated with Rachel Bailey who is putting me in the same garage as Delta for the International Trophy race.
Old 2 Jul 2019, 18:11 (Ref:3915530)   #79
Willmaz223
Veteran

Willmaz223 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridWillmaz223 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Sent Masters an email to ask if there was any way I could see any entry list.Unfortunately and undertandably no but they did say as I mentioned my age that they would send me something little in the post.

Good timing as I turn the weary old age of 17 later this week.

Less than a month to go.
Old 2 Jul 2019, 20:33 (Ref:3915549)   #80
Mike Crow
Racer

Mike Crow should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Willmaz223 View Post
Sent Masters an email to ask if there was any way I could see any entry list.Unfortunately and undertandably no but they did say as I mentioned my age that they would send me something little in the post.

Good timing as I turn the weary old age of 17 later this week
Less than a month to go.
If you order the programme on line you will get a code at least a week before the event which lets you download both the programme and the race card ( entry list). Worked well last year.
Old 4 Jul 2019, 17:35 (Ref:3915891)   #81
Mike Crow
Racer

Seems the new Aston Martin race listed for the Classic (can't recall its title) has disappeared from the schedule
Old 4 Jul 2019, 18:14 (Ref:3915898)   #82
Willmaz223
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Crow View Post
Seems the new Aston Martin race listed for the Classic (can't recall its title) has disappeared from the schedule

Yep it has.Real shame as the grid was meant to have contained at elast 1 of the racing Vulcans.Not sure what that means for the other planned race at Spa for the 6hrs.
Old 4 Jul 2019, 18:33 (Ref:3915902)   #83
morninggents
Veteran

England
Up north, near York.
morninggents should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Real shame as the grid was meant to have contained at elast 1 of the racing Vulcans.

Would love to have watched the refuelling of that!
Old 4 Jul 2019, 19:10 (Ref:3915908)   #84
Mike Crow
Racer

Quote:
Yep it has.Real shame as the grid was meant to have contained at elast 1 of the racing Vulcans.Not sure what that means for the other planned race at Spa for the 6hrs.
I shan't miss them. Too modern for me by far.
Old 4 Jul 2019, 21:13 (Ref:3915920)   #85
BertMk2
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Nr Maidstone, Kent
BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Crow View Post
I shan't miss them. Too modern for me by far.
Modern yes - but what a sound! Glorious. There was a Vulcan doing demo laps at Brands on the GP loop - you could hear it howl all the way around the circuit, a truly special car.
Old 5 Jul 2019, 07:21 (Ref:3915981)   #86
VIVA GT
Veteran

England
Leicestershire
VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by morninggents View Post
Would love to have watched the refuelling of that!
I don't think they'd have done it air to air like they did on the way to the Falklands!
Old 5 Jul 2019, 16:37 (Ref:3916039)   #87
Willmaz223
Veteran

On the Silverstone Classic twitter it says up to NINE Sierra Cosworth's have been entered for the HTCC race. Very impressive.
Old 6 Jul 2019, 06:54 (Ref:3916090)   #88
VIVA GT
Veteran

England
Leicestershire
VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!
Quote:
On the Silverstone Classic twitter it says up to NINE Sierra Cosworth's have been entered for the HTCC race. Very impressive.
Excellent Will, I'll be planning to have a close look at all of those then if I can.
Old 6 Jul 2019, 07:01 (Ref:3916091)   #89
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
They will be in the National pits.
Old 6 Jul 2019, 07:14 (Ref:3916092)   #90
VIVA GT
Veteran

England
Leicestershire
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter Mallett View Post
They will be in the National pits.
Thanks Peter, I'm sure we'll find them. Will you be there with your Rover?
Old 6 Jul 2019, 07:18 (Ref:3916093)   #91
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
No sadly it's for sale. I'll be in the pre 66 gts with the MG. In the wing pits.
Old 6 Jul 2019, 08:21 (Ref:3916096)   #92
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Attleborough- 5 minutes from Snet!
Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!
Viv, we’ll be parked up in the old paddock- hopefully. Delta and my trucks somewhere near the petrol station..... Hope you have time to come and find us!
Old 6 Jul 2019, 13:22 (Ref:3916144)   #93
VIVA GT
Veteran

England
Leicestershire
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Bell View Post
Viv, we’ll be parked up in the old paddock- hopefully. Delta and my trucks somewhere near the petrol station..... Hope you have time to come and find us!
I will try my best to come and find you guys, it would be good to put faces to the avatar's!
I'm hoping to meet up with a number of old mates (including those on here who I have yet to meet) at the Classic and am praying for good (but not too sunny) weather so that I can get around everywhere. (It'll be my first visit to Silverstone for over 20 years, so I'm expecting to see a few changes).
Old 6 Jul 2019, 15:46 (Ref:3916155)   #94
Willmaz223
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by VIVA GT View Post
I will try my best to come and find you guys, it would be good to put faces to the avatar's!
I'm hoping to meet up with a number of old mates (including those on here who I have yet to meet) at the Classic and am praying for good (but not too sunny) weather so that I can get around everywhere. (It'll be my first visit to Silverstone for over 20 years, so I'm expecting to see a few changes).
I'll be spending a good amount of time at the 'Club' grandstand.One of the best places to watch IMOP.Although quite a way to the other parts of the circuit.

Really hoping for good weather.Only be my 4th time at Silverstone,3rd this year .
Old 10 Jul 2019, 10:34 (Ref:3916814)   #95
Willmaz223
Veteran

42 Sportscars so far entered.Lots of T70s and Chevrons.No Ferrari or Porsche though
Old 11 Jul 2019, 16:38 (Ref:3917031)   #96
geordiecriag101
Racer

United Kingdom
Market Harborough
geordiecriag101 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridgeordiecriag101 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
First bit of info for anyone going to the Classic, full time table with all track action and music times and bands listed, from the HGPCA site:

http://www.hgpca.net/images/2019_Doc..._Timetable.pdf
Old 11 Jul 2019, 16:41 (Ref:3917033)   #97
Willmaz223
Veteran

Cheers Craig.

How new is that? I ask as the Aston Revival race has been cancelled.There only race being Spa now.
Old 11 Jul 2019, 16:41 (Ref:3917034)   #98
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Thank you.
Old 12 Jul 2019, 06:34 (Ref:3917092)   #99
coppice
Veteran

Australia
Thirsk, North Yorkshire
coppice is going for a new lap record!coppice is going for a new lap record!coppice is going for a new lap record!coppice is going for a new lap record!coppice is going for a new lap record!coppice is going for a new lap record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by VIVA GT View Post

You will suffer from disorientation as it has changed immeasurably and somehow feels even bigger than it used to. As said , Club stand is good , even though the cars are not exactly close . but you will have several rows of seat to yourself as few venture on to the outfield . Village is excellent for overtaking, and a good place to see really fast stuff is up -track from Vilalge grandstand near Farm .

Access to pits is brilliant and , if you see a tragic old git with a blissful smile watching, and hearing , a T70 being warmed up that's me ....
Old 12 Jul 2019, 06:48 (Ref:3917093)   #100
VIVA GT
Veteran

England
Leicestershire
Quote:
Originally Posted by coppice View Post
You will suffer from disorientation as it has changed immeasurably and somehow feels even bigger than it used to. As said , Club stand is good , even though the cars are not exactly close . but you will have several rows of seat to yourself as few venture on to the outfield . Village is excellent for overtaking, and a good place to see really fast stuff is up -track from Vilalge grandstand near Farm .

Access to pits is brilliant and , if you see a tragic old git with a blissful smile watching, and hearing , a T70 being warmed up that's me ....
Thanks for the advice, I'm looking forward to it and I'll keep an eye out for you, it'll be nice to see another tragic old git and know I'm not the only one!