Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > General Forums > Virtual Racers

Old 6 Oct 2002, 02:24 (Ref:396660)   #1
Wrex
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

Australia
Melbourne - Home of the Australian GP
Wrex is going for a new lap record!Wrex is going for a new lap record!Wrex is going for a new lap record!Wrex is going for a new lap record!Wrex is going for a new lap record!Wrex is going for a new lap record!
Which Wheel?

Ok, so I'm thinking of folding and buying a Steering Wheel. So which one?

GP3/4 is the most likely game played, and GPL if I get a wheel and can find the CD.

Any idea's and estimated costs?
Old 6 Oct 2002, 03:51 (Ref:396679)   #2
Jay
Veteran

United Nations
Canada
Jay should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I've had a Sidewinder Force Feedback wheel for a year now and it's been great!

It's a little more expensive, but has great Forcefeedback, is smaller than some of the others and is more of an F1-like wheel design with shifter buttons on the back. There are some that have actual paddles that would be a bit more realistic I guess, but overall I preferred this one.

Shop around though, who knows what might have come out since I bought this one!
"I used to hate writing, but now I enjoy it. I realized that the purpose of writing is to inflate weak ideas, obscure poor reasoning, and inhibit clarity. With a little practice, writing can be an intimidating and impenetrable fog!" - Calvin and Hobbes
Old 6 Oct 2002, 06:37 (Ref:396713)   #3
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
I have a Momo Force. I bought it about 3 months ago to replace my yellow (non-FF) Logitech (which is still a good wheel). I would recommend the Momo unreservedly. It has taken my gaming experience to a different level.

I paid about £125 for it, but I don't know if you can get it cheaper if you shop around.
Old 6 Oct 2002, 08:23 (Ref:396729)   #4
the man
Veteran

the man should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I am searching for a srerring whell too but for the Playstation 2. I have looked around but I want a a steering wheel with paddles and a gear stick. Do yous have any idea's where i could get one?
regards
the man
Old 6 Oct 2002, 20:02 (Ref:397053)   #5
Toth
Racer

Toth should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
My wheel (Thrustmaster Ferrari force feedback) has both a stick and paddles. But it's for pc. Perhaps there is a version of it for ps2, I know I have seen ps2 wheels with a ferrari logo on them.

Anyway I can definately recommend this wheel, it looks great and it feels great. FF is fantastic. Also I have not been able to break it in the year that I've got it and that says something.

Last edited by Toth; 6 Oct 2002 at 20:03.
Old 8 Oct 2002, 17:25 (Ref:398512)   #6
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally posted by the man
I am searching for a srerring whell too but for the Playstation 2. I have looked around but I want a a steering wheel with paddles and a gear stick. Do yous have any idea's where i could get one?
regards
the man
I'm pretty sure there's a Logitech wheel for the PS2, but I doubt that its got a gear stick. I'm more than happy with paddles myself.
Old 8 Oct 2002, 18:57 (Ref:398603)   #7
Number Juan
Veteran

Tajikstan
Sussex, UK
Number Juan has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
my one is the bargain basement bog-standard affair Thrustmaster 360 Modena wheel, no forceback but a good allrounder at £40. when i get a pay rise in january, i might consider going for a sportier model but until then, it's just me and my trusty thrusty

Here must all distrust be left;
All cowardice must here be dead
Old 8 Oct 2002, 20:05 (Ref:398646)   #8
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Go for FF if you can, Juan -it really makes GPL come alive!
Old 8 Oct 2002, 20:12 (Ref:398647)   #9
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Go for FF if you can, Juan -it really makes GPL come alive!
Old 8 Oct 2002, 21:44 (Ref:398721)   #10
Mr V
Veteran

England
The city of bridges (one day!)
Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally posted by Number Juan
my one is the bargain basement bog-standard affair Thrustmaster 360 Modena wheel,
Just bought the 360 Modena pro , nice and comfortable with 4 paddles and a gear stick (good for doing the 180 spins that the real guys do to point the right way on the track)
Old 9 Oct 2002, 20:54 (Ref:399671)   #11
Sato san
Veteran

United Kingdom
Sato san should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridSato san should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
ive got one of those....seems pretty good to me...also got the pedals too...you must get the pedals .
Old 10 Oct 2002, 20:49 (Ref:400669)   #12
Mr V
Veteran

England
The city of bridges (one day!)
Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!
yer...got them too.
Old 19 Oct 2002, 12:28 (Ref:407909)   #13
the man
Veteran

the man should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Can you get a sterring wheel with a H-Patterned gearbox for your Pc/PS2?
regards
the man
Old 2 Nov 2002, 16:54 (Ref:420248)   #14
Down F0rce
Veteran

Scotland
Aberdeenshire, Scotland
Down F0rce should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridDown F0rce should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridDown F0rce should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridDown F0rce should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
i dont suppose you could get a whell that crosses format, ie works with PS2 and PC?
Old 5 Nov 2002, 10:39 (Ref:422049)   #15
Number Juan
Veteran

Tajikstan
Sussex, UK
i went to PCWorld and saw the Microsoft Sidewinder FF wheel that was top-of-the-range a year or so ago was at just £50!

but...

my heart is set on the Momo Wheel @ £127...my mouth waters at the prospect of having that bolted to my desk...

Old 5 Nov 2002, 11:59 (Ref:422097)   #16
spanner
Veteran

United Kingdom
Mid Beds, "The UK's rubbish dump"
spanner should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
When i got mine i had a hard time deciding which one to get. Settled on the Thrustmaster ferrari GT wheel good solid wheel,paddle shifts and sequential gear stick but tend to use the paddles to change gear and the gear nob as a handbrake for CMR2.

Anybody else got one? do these things happen to anyone else;
its usb which seems to stop comunicating randomly. Bit of a pain midway through a lap,it means having to restart.

It recalibrates itself, but when driving seems to be slightly off the actual central position.
Old 5 Nov 2002, 12:26 (Ref:422116)   #17
ASCII Man
Veteran

ASCII Man should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridASCII Man should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridASCII Man should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridASCII Man should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Oh?
I have a usb gamepad (microsoft sidewinder pro or whatever it's called) but it never happened to me with GP4...

PS: Does anyone know the website of that momo wheel??

Last edited by ASCII Man; 5 Nov 2002 at 12:27.
Old 5 Nov 2002, 13:13 (Ref:422145)   #18
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Quote:
Originally posted by ®îjñtjûh

PS: Does anyone know the website of that momo wheel??

http://www.logitech.com

I believe.

(Just checked - it's the right URL. Go there and select your geographical location and you then look for wheels!).

Last edited by Aysedasi; 5 Nov 2002 at 13:14.
Old 5 Nov 2002, 13:15 (Ref:422146)   #19
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Quote:
Originally posted by Number Juan

my heart is set on the Momo Wheel @ £127...my mouth waters at the prospect of having that bolted to my desk...

Its a lot of money Juan, but well worth it, in my view. Your mouth is right to be watering......!
Old 5 Nov 2002, 20:55 (Ref:422477)   #20
Number Juan
Veteran

Tajikstan
Sussex, UK
those really wierd pedals that kinda fold back, and the feel of really good quality and sheer solid build is brilliant...the thrusties creak and crunch and the callibration is as pants as a pants factory - whereas i know all the problems in my life will go away once i have 10 minutes on GPL with the Momo wheel!!!

i'll see how my finances work out on pay-day (if Boots ever actually pay me for the work i did 3 god-damn months ago)

Old 5 Nov 2002, 22:41 (Ref:422556)   #21
ASCII Man
Veteran

ASCII Man should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridASCII Man should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridASCII Man should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridASCII Man should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
OMG, just took a look at that Momo wheel...
Can't... stop... drooling... *arglll*
Old 6 Nov 2002, 13:32 (Ref:422954)   #22
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Quote:
Originally posted by ®îjñtjûh
OMG, just took a look at that Momo wheel...
Can't... stop... drooling... *arglll*

It looks even better when it's sitting on your desk at home.......

(Sorry, that was very unfair, but I couldn't resist it!).
Old 6 Nov 2002, 15:38 (Ref:423026)   #23
GasMan
Racer

GasMan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I had a shot of the MOMO when I was down at the GT/F3 Oulton Park weekend back in August and the wheel (on GPL at least) just makes it an experience you'd not want to miss. I've been waiting on my wheel to break or go faulty but no such luck, I've always been too careful with my stuff... I couldn't get away with buying another wheel when one is "in perfect working condition". (quote from she whom must be obeyed). Operation MOMO has been decommisioned... for now.
Old 6 Nov 2002, 21:14 (Ref:423265)   #24
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Quote:
Originally posted by GasMan
I couldn't get away with buying another wheel when one is "in perfect working condition". (quote from she whom must be obeyed). Operation MOMO has been decommisioned... for now.

It was astonishing actually. My old Logi (yellow) was working perfectly (as it always had), but my dear lady suggested I bought the Momo! Now there's real devotion - Le Mans twice and a Momo - all in the same year - I'm a lucky man!
Old 6 Nov 2002, 22:32 (Ref:423345)   #25
GasMan
Racer

GasMan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Some folk have all the luck.

Actually I can't complain, I've got the older Logitech Wingman Formula Force aswell as the newer GP version. I guess a MOMO may be overkill.