Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: trackrooms.co.uk Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Racing Talk > Trackside

Old 9 Aug 2000, 20:33 (Ref:29412)   #1
Sparky
Veteran

Sparky should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid

At the risk of breaking Mr Malletts run on CSCC announcements, I'm here to shout about the above event, and the fact that myself, Craig and (I think) TimD will be present. (Who said that? Whaddya mean; Good reason not to go!?)

Any more for anymore?!

Let's see if we can break the previous Snetterton attendance record of 20!

Old 9 Aug 2000, 20:37 (Ref:29417)   #2
Craig
Race Official
Veteran

Denmark
Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!
And, as my old man has just been and put a deposit down on an old camper van... we might be able to make a weekend out of it without the need to resort to a tent in mid-October... (though i've done crazier things before, believe it or not )
Old 9 Aug 2000, 20:47 (Ref:29421)   #3
Carrie
Veteran

Carrie should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridCarrie should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Ask me again at a later date, don't know where I'll be in October yet.
Old 10 Aug 2000, 08:53 (Ref:29497)   #4
Slowcoach
Racer

Slowcoach should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I shall be there , hopefully competing , if not , I will still be there spectating and to meet you motley crew ! (Or those of you I wont have met at Pembrey or Thruxton !)
Old 10 Aug 2000, 09:13 (Ref:29500)   #5
SNH
Racer

England
Staffordshire, England
SNH should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I'm hoping to be at the Group 1 race in my Capri as well.
Old 10 Aug 2000, 09:54 (Ref:29503)   #6
yelwoci
Racer

United Kingdom
London
yelwoci should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Assuming I still have any cash left and that I haven't smashed the car up at:
Pembrey Grp1 (30m)
Pembrey 1 hour (140m)
Spa French 10 lap (100m)
Spa British 10 lap (100m)
Spa 1hour (200m)

570miles practice and racing and about £2500 in two weekends!

If I, the car and my bank balance survive, I'll probably be at Snetterton!

Anyone got any nice lines in keeping the Tax man at bay!?

IanC
Old 10 Aug 2000, 10:00 (Ref:29504)   #7
Andy H
Racer

Andy H should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
which tax men are we talking Yelowci? - VAT? IR?
Old 10 Aug 2000, 10:40 (Ref:29509)   #8
apguy
Racer

United Kingdom
Sunny Suffolk
apguy should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid

Pembrey Grp1 (30m)
Pembrey 1 hour (140m)
Spa French 10 lap (100m)
Spa British 10 lap (100m)
Spa 1hour (200m)

Hmmmm. Got a turbo charged, nitrous fuelled RX7 these days, have we Ian?

200m in the Spa 1 hour would mean an average speed of..........200mph. I think the same goes for Pembrey - 140m in 1 hour - I'd like to see you try!!

Cheers
Andrew "pedant" Guy
Old 10 Aug 2000, 10:46 (Ref:29510)   #9
apguy
Racer

United Kingdom
Sunny Suffolk
PS I do realise that even if you add in the 0.5hr practice time that you still need to be doing an average 134mph to do 200m
Old 10 Aug 2000, 10:59 (Ref:29512)   #10
SNH
Racer

England
Staffordshire, England
SNH should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
apguy wrote: 200m in the Spa 1 hour would mean an average speed of..........200mph. I think the same goes for Pembrey
- 140m in 1 hour - I'd like to see you try!!

I didn't take that as miles, I thought he meant metres before he spun.....

Old 10 Aug 2000, 11:39 (Ref:29521)   #11
yelwoci
Racer

United Kingdom
London
AndyH

Please don't swear or refer to the infidels directly on this forum!

But in answer, BOTH!

They don't understand that my racing expenses should come first!

IanC
Old 10 Aug 2000, 11:43 (Ref:29523)   #12
yelwoci
Racer

United Kingdom
London
Pembrey Grp1 (30m) approx 12 laps practice 15 race +odds
Pembrey 1 hour (140m) 2 x 20mins prcatice + 1hour race +odds
Spa French 10 lap (100m) 10laps practice + 10 laps race +odds
Spa British 10 lap (100m) 10 laps practice + 10laps race +odds
Spa 1hour (200m) 2 x 10 lap(30min) practice + 1hour +odds

Think you'll find it works out, I did say Practice & Race.

Laps timnes at Spa should be about 3'06" , Pembrey 1'10"

IanC

Old 10 Aug 2000, 15:45 (Ref:29599)   #13
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
If the Pembrey 1 hour race is 70 miles I doubt that I'll finish.
Old 21 Aug 2000, 18:18 (Ref:31885)   #14
Craig
Race Official
Veteran

Denmark
Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!
Just thought i'd drag this topic back to the top (before Mallett does!) and see where we were - I tried to drum up some trade at the weekend, and it seems that it could make an excellent end of term party! (Sparky had better be scared - ask Lorna what happens when you happen to live near a circuit and 10 Tenths' folks descend on said house...)
Old 21 Aug 2000, 20:48 (Ref:31917)   #15
Sparky
Veteran

Sparky should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Uh Oh!

Scared? I'm positively trembling! Did I mention I was living in my car at the moment?
Old 21 Aug 2000, 21:19 (Ref:31937)   #16
Craig
Race Official
Veteran

Denmark
Excellent!! It is surely bigger than Lorna's flat () and we can park it outside the pub... no more walking
Old 22 Aug 2000, 16:09 (Ref:32142)   #17
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Well,

(Puts brain into philosophical mode) After all the body damage (see Pembrey Classic) and brake problems this year I doubt that I will be competing at this meeting. I want to race in a car with no bent panels so its best to cut my losses and start saving for a limited campaign next year. So Spa looks like the end of my season.
Old 22 Aug 2000, 16:19 (Ref:32143)   #18
apguy
Racer

United Kingdom
Sunny Suffolk
Surely a couple of dents shouldn't put you off Snetterton?

Have you seen the state of some of the Lotus Cortina's recently? The "Purple People Eater" doesn't have one straight section - including the roof!
I'd work on the basis that if you're going to repair the car - do it at the end of the season over winter - at least if anyone clouts you at Snett on the OSR you would have repaired it anyway.

Either that or Boxridge are charging too much to knock out a couple of dents and spray. Talk to Rick at Spa; running a body repair centre is an advantage sometimes.
Old 22 Aug 2000, 17:19 (Ref:32146)   #19
Craig
Race Official
Veteran

Denmark
Mallett - you're an ARSE!!

Hopefully you'll still be there to join in the fun though - even if you're not racing.
Old 23 Aug 2000, 06:50 (Ref:32279)   #20
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Nope.

Nobody's charging too much but I am getting a bit p!ssed off with the constant body damage caused by what can only be described as inadequate driving standards.

Last time at Snetterton I was assaulted on both sides of the car by Murray Henderson. At Pembrey that Arse in the Jag just turned into me whilst I was on the APEX of the corner!

You can't complain because these guys have as much right to be on the track as the rest of us but it means I'm driving round in a mobile scrap heap and I just don't find it acceptable. My car needs a full body job so with an engine rebuild on top, together with the recent work, I've got to consider the finances. At £1000.00 per race its not sensible to do half a job.

Still, I might reconsider after Spa. I expect I'll be there to watch if nothing else.
Old 23 Aug 2000, 17:49 (Ref:32364)   #21
yelwoci
Racer

United Kingdom
London
I seriously understand where Pete is coming from here.
It one thing, and very frustrating, the put the car into the tyre wall through ones own stupidity, but its another to be subject to general contact. However some contact is inevitable.

This last weekend at Pembrey, I had two incidents both caused largely by my own inexperience driving with the 'big' boys.

At the start of the Group 1 race, I was up the inside into the hairpin, turning in, when a Capri cut across my nose without any intention of giving me room to go around, so I clouted him.

2ndly after missing gears coming out of the same complex, Stacy in the RX7 and I tried going around Dibeni-1 and -2 together. A few healthy bangs later Stacy got away.

The first was down to my hesitation, the second was a result of my 'mistake' and two drivers genuinely going for position.

Driving a 'soft' car like the RX, I think makes you avoid contact. Capris, SD1s, Jags, etc can handle a lot more punishment.

To be fair, Pete's car doesn't look to bad at all, he just too proud and likes everything to be just so!<g>
Not that anyone can knock him for wanting the car to look the business.

IanC
Old 24 Aug 2000, 23:15 (Ref:32578)   #22
Tony Harman
Veteran

Tony Harman should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Hey guy's, the Snetterton "Classic" isn't part of the BARC Classic package according to my entry form pack, so what meeting is it and what else is on ?
Old 24 Aug 2000, 23:40 (Ref:32582)   #23
Lorna
Veteran

Lorna should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Peter! You've got to race. It's the one bloody meeting that I plan to go to so you have to!

Thankfully, my flat is no where near Snetterton so no excuses for late loud drunken party.
Old 25 Aug 2000, 11:24 (Ref:32663)   #24
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Quote:
Originally posted by Lorna
Peter! You've got to race. It's the one bloody meeting that I plan to go to so you have to!
Well Lornykins. Seeing as you put it so eloquently.

I shall weigh up all the options, consider my alternatives, review the factors which affect my decision making process, assess the viability of appearing as opposed to a no show, give credence to the advice of my fellow competitors (Ian) and review the situation after Spa.

Are there any Hob Nobs involved?
Old 25 Aug 2000, 12:43 (Ref:32677)   #25
Danielsun
Veteran

Australia
Sydney
Danielsun should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Dunno about Hob Nobs, but I know there'd be one thing there waiting for you, and that's healthy support from the rest of the Ten-Tenths gang.

I, too, full well plan to be there to see you guys at it again, but it wouldn't be the same with you standing next to us, rather than driving by at speed (no hints for Antill there!)...

I'll put it not quite so eloquently: BE THERE...