Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Australasian Touring Cars.

Old 7 Aug 2005, 08:32 (Ref:1374139)   #26
Ray Singcar
Rookie

Ray Singcar should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
The money I would be prepared to bet is Besnard with Baird in the new car currently under construction and to suprise a lot of people, & Tag with Marshall.
Old 7 Aug 2005, 08:46 (Ref:1374142)   #27
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
That option sounds a lot better than the PR spin on RPM today Mr Singcar

I wonder if they will debut the new chassis at Oran Park next weekend, to bed it in before Sandown?
“Everybody Lies” - Dr Gregory House, House
“Trust But Verify” - Commissioner Frank Reagan, Blue Bloods
Old 7 Aug 2005, 09:28 (Ref:1374158)   #28
spectator22
Racer

spectator22 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Gore has kicked a few goals, but hasn't studied his history. Running Tagliani and Marshall is a big mistake. When was the last time a glam import did a decent job in a V8 at Sandown/Bathurst? Struggling to think of one. Cleland is one, but he's done it every year for a long, long time. The rest of the imported drivers have usually been rubbish. Good for a bit of PR, but in terms of actually getting to grips with a V8, pretty hopeless.
At same time, interesting to note Lowndes rated above all his past European-based superstar drivers by Triple 8 boss Roland Dane in Motorsport News.
Old 7 Aug 2005, 09:35 (Ref:1374165)   #29
retro
Veteran

Australia
....Qld....
retro should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridretro should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid

Quote:
Originally Posted by retro
Tags apparently was 2.5 seconds off the pace at the paperclip but did improve later in the day.............and he is expressing an interest in driving a supercar fulltime when champcar duties finish.

Looks like Tags and Bezzy will combine.
The interview said *when his Champ Car career is over*.....whenever that may be.

»-(¯`v´¯)-»........................The retro report........................©®»-(¯`v´¯)-» ê¿~

Disclaimer; the above is pure speculation and only posted for entertainment purposes!!!
Old 7 Aug 2005, 09:52 (Ref:1374179)   #30
v8race1
Racer

v8race1 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
My opinion..... but letting someone who seems to be struggling operating, let alone doing so competively, a major danger to others. It amazes me that most HPDC/ and or other catagorie drivers with experience in these cars are not approached or are not able to join the 'big boys' in the main race but inexperienced guys for some reason or another are given a gift ride with disastrous results aka bathurst last year.
What-ever is behind the reasonings of team WPS the choices are wrong and made for underlying reasons, PR maybe....
Old 7 Aug 2005, 10:02 (Ref:1374189)   #31
James63
Veteran

Australia
Q
James63 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
My take is that Baird is considered the more likely of the 2 to do well in the enduros and marshall is a safer bet than besnard or tag for the second seat...and that the loose cannon and the off the pace havent driven one of these before will be in the same car.
Old 8 Aug 2005, 23:37 (Ref:1375404)   #32
retro
Veteran

Australia
....Qld....
retro should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridretro should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
http://www.crash.net/uk/en/news_view.asp?cid=3&nid=116556

Alex Tagliani has revealed that the Australian V8 Supercar Series is the logical choice for him to move into once his Champ Car days are over after getting his first taste of the brutish Ford Falcon that he and Marcus Marshall will share in this year's Bathurst 1000 endurance.

Speaking to Australian newspaper The Sunday Mail, the Canadian born driver said that a move down under is what he would want when his time in America came to an end.

"Having an Australian wife, V8s are probably the logical step for the future once my Champ Car career is over,” Tagliani told the paper. “I'd really like to come down here and get her closer to her family and for me to keep racing."

Last week it was announced that the two Team Australia CCWS drivers would join the WPS Ford team for the V8 endurances at Sandown Park and the famed Mount Panorama circuit. Run by the same group of Australian businessmen that are behind the ‘Team Australia' banner, WPS team drivers David Besnard and Craig Baird were both on hand when Tagliani and native Aussie Marshall got to grips with their new machinery at the Queensland Raceway.

“They're not as hard physically as a Champ Car,” added Tagliani, who did sample the scenery around the 2.5-mile circuit during his learning curve. "Everything happens slower. You have to be doing it with finesse, you can't really push, and the car is heavy so you can't overdrive it. If I use Champ Car technique in these cars it's not going to work.”

»-(¯`v´¯)-»........................The retro report........................©®»-(¯`v´¯)-» ê¿~

Disclaimer; the above is pure speculation and only posted for entertainment purposes!!!
Old 27 Aug 2005, 05:26 (Ref:1392302)   #33
retro
Veteran

Australia
....Qld....
new website for Mr Gore's global racing empire = click here