Old 15 Jan 2021, 17:53 (Ref:4029302)   #1
FastDB2s
Veteran

England
Solihull, West Mids
FastDB2s should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
RIP John Aley

this from Racing Spirit on Facebook

Very sad to report the passing of another Mini racing legend John Aley, who died earlier this week just short of his 92nd birthday. John was known as a pioneer of Mini racing with his 848cc Mini ‘JRA 85’ which he switched to from an A35 in 1960, enjoyed much European long distance racing in Mini Coopers and more famously introduced his Aley Bars roll cage into a sport where safety was sorely lacking and something I’m sure saved many a race and rally driver back in the 60s. His roll cages, though crude by today’s standards were adopted by the works teams and even featured on the famous Italian Job Minis. I was only talking to John a week or so ago about his old racing Mini I own and I’m sad to see another legend leave us, albeit with a lasting legacy. Race In Peace John Aley. 🏁
http://www.johnaley.co.uk/Chapters/miniracing.htm
http://www.johnaley.co.uk/Chapters/rolloverbars.htm
Old 15 Jan 2021, 19:38 (Ref:4029323)   #2
midgetman
Veteran

midgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
That is a shame, but a good age.

I was one of many saved worse damage by his products, hanging upside down held by the MG's harness I was very grateful for a substantial roll cage. I was a dealer for Aleybars back in the 80s and he was a lovely man to deal with.

RIP John, you transformed the sport. Thank you.

Sent from my AC2003 using Tapatalk
Old 15 Jan 2021, 20:32 (Ref:4029326)   #3
Mike Harte
Veteran

United Kingdom
W. Yorkshire
Mike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
I installed one of his roll bars in the Anglia back in 1966. I am thankful that I never had reason to test it's effectiveness!