Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

View Poll Results: Which is the best 2021 livery?
Mercedes 1 3.45%
Red Bull 0 0%
McLaren 0 0%
Aston Martin 8 27.59%
Alpine 8 27.59%
Ferrari 0 0%
Alpha Tauri 4 13.79%
Alfa Romeo 2 6.90%
Haas 3 10.34%
Williams 3 10.34%
Voters: 29. You may not vote on this poll

Old 16 Mar 2021, 21:02 (Ref:4040901)   #26
steve nielsen
Veteran

Netherlands
Rotterdam- Holland
steve nielsen should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aysedasi View Post

There are some iconic liveries that I never grow tired of. The RBR livery isn't one of them. It really does look dated and as if they can't really be bothered to think of anything new....

we seen Mclaren driving with a much simpeler livery 17 for years(1979 until 1996) in the 80's and 90's, a lot longer that Red Bull have this livery withouth much changes

that was basicly just a driving cigarette carton, still people found that iconic
Old 16 Mar 2021, 22:34 (Ref:4040910)   #27
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Yes, it was iconic, wasn’t it.

The Red Bull livery, meh.
Old 17 Mar 2021, 16:12 (Ref:4041065)   #28
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by steve nielsen View Post
we seen Mclaren driving with a much simpeler livery 17 for years(1979 until 1996) in the 80's and 90's, a lot longer that Red Bull have this livery withouth much changes

that was basicly just a driving cigarette carton, still people found that iconic
Because it was. Absolutely beautiful in it's elegant simplicity. The RBR is really just a bit of a mess to my eye.
Old 18 Mar 2021, 09:13 (Ref:4041146)   #29
chunterer
Race Official
Veteran

chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Because it was. Absolutely beautiful in it's elegant simplicity. The RBR is really just a bit of a mess to my eye.
Dayglo and white chevron livery to me was synonymous with circuit racing from FF to F1. Only scarlet red left anything like the same mental imprint over time imo
Old 18 Mar 2021, 10:55 (Ref:4041162)   #30
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
Yes that chevron combination was striking and worked on whatever car it was on.

Apart from the Merc the best liveries for me are the good old Ferrari red and the red and white Alfa, plus the AT
Old 19 Mar 2021, 11:02 (Ref:4041465)   #31
Born Racer
Race Official
Veteran

Born Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
I'm trying to imagine that Marlboro livery on a contemporary car now.

Regarding Red Bull, ironically for what tries to be an exciting and daredevil brand, it looks corporate. I don't feel, as a brand, they need to 'do a Ferrari' and stick with the same livery each year.
Old 19 Mar 2021, 11:29 (Ref:4041474)   #32
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Born Racer View Post
I'm trying to imagine that Marlboro livery on a contemporary car now.

Regarding Red Bull, ironically for what tries to be an exciting and daredevil brand, it looks corporate. I don't feel, as a brand, they need to 'do a Ferrari' and stick with the same livery each year.
Well the current Alfa livery does remind of the old Marlboro livery

I agree Red Bull's doesn't look that exciting, but the problem is, it would probably look weird if they went for a different livery, after having the same livery for so long
Old 19 Mar 2021, 13:55 (Ref:4041503)   #33
V8 Fireworks
Veteran

V8 Fireworks should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridV8 Fireworks should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridV8 Fireworks should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
There are some iconic liveries that I never grow tired of. The RBR livery isn't one of them.
I still like it a lot. The fluorescent yellow and red against the matte navy is instantly recognisable.

What would you propose instead?

Quote:
The RBR is really just a bit of a mess to my eye.
I don't follow. This was much more of a 'mess' than the current scheme.

I don't understand how it is messy, it seems very elegant to me.

Arguably the livery has evolved nicely.

The new team shirts however, yes they are a mess! If they "improved" their livery by putting that design on the car, it wouldn't exactly make it less messy!

Last edited by V8 Fireworks; 19 Mar 2021 at 14:15.
Old 19 Mar 2021, 14:24 (Ref:4041507)   #34
V8 Fireworks
Veteran

V8 Fireworks should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridV8 Fireworks should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridV8 Fireworks should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Toro Rosso was more Red Bull's team for playing around with fancy colours, airbrushed artwork, gold wheels etc.

In contrast, I am not really sure what else you could do with the basic ingredients of the Red Bull livery. The basic matte navy, fluro yellow & fluro red still looks good to me -- whatever the category.

For instance, painting the car like an actual can of Red Bull looks considerably worse IMO and is not an improvement!

Old 19 Mar 2021, 14:41 (Ref:4041510)   #35
chillibowl
Veteran

Canada
winnipeg, canada
chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by V8 Fireworks View Post
I don't understand how it is messy, it seems very elegant to me.
i agreed. when you see it laid out like you have done, there is clearly an improvement over time.

and spot on about comparing it to what a cans of red bull look like. i like the move away from the purple as the matte blue looks a lot less gaudy/much more subtle and refined imo.

that said, as for their new product range, i would like to see more influence of the orange flavoured can. orange is a great racing colour imo!

also i did really like their testing livery from a few years back...which in terms of colour choices may have been the inspiration of for the Alpha Tauri's?

Old 19 Mar 2021, 15:34 (Ref:4041527)   #36
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by V8 Fireworks View Post
I still like it a lot. The fluorescent yellow and red against the matte navy is instantly recognisable.

What would you propose instead?
Just something.... different. Too much to ask for, probably. The corporate element of the livery will obviously be there to stay, but something dynamically different, even for a season.....
Old 16 May 2021, 18:27 (Ref:4051950)   #37
crmalcolm
Subscriber
Veteran

Nepal
Exactly where I need to be.
crmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
I present the winner:

https://www.facebook.com/12254981412...9219080851413/
Old 16 May 2021, 18:29 (Ref:4051952)   #38
crmalcolm
Subscriber
Veteran

Nepal
Exactly where I need to be.
crmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Old 16 May 2021, 19:45 (Ref:4051965)   #39
steve_r
Veteran

Lord Howe Island
European Capital of Culture 2008
steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!
That looks brilliant
Old 17 May 2021, 02:03 (Ref:4051998)   #40
E.B
Veteran

United Kingdom
About 7kms East of Albert Park Melbourne
E.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by crmalcolm View Post
Love it......livery launch video is quite fun with historic footage

https://youtu.be/i84MJBtGmyg
Old 17 May 2021, 08:51 (Ref:4052018)   #41
S griffin
Veteran

Along with the Martini livery, one of the most iconic liveries ever and seems to suit McLaren very well. So nice to see
Old 17 May 2021, 12:50 (Ref:4052049)   #42
chillibowl
Veteran

Canada
winnipeg, canada
chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Looks great!

Already unhappy they will go back to the old one after this race.
Old 22 May 2021, 13:47 (Ref:4052699)   #43
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Watching qualifying and that Gulf livery really stands out nicely.
Old 23 May 2021, 12:43 (Ref:4052856)   #44
ScotsBrutesFan
Race Official
Veteran

Scotland
West Lothian
ScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
If only it gave them the extra performance it looks like it should