Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 4 Aug 2003, 17:32 (Ref:679795)   #101
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
During the impact between Justin and Jacques. Teis is not the moment of first impact, but rather half through Wilson spinning Villeneuve round.

Attached Thumbnails
hock2.jpg  
Old 5 Aug 2003, 01:49 (Ref:680095)   #102
Wrex
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

Australia
Melbourne - Home of the Australian GP
Wrex is going for a new lap record!Wrex is going for a new lap record!Wrex is going for a new lap record!Wrex is going for a new lap record!Wrex is going for a new lap record!Wrex is going for a new lap record!
OMG, has this forum completely lost any ability too see the diference between incompetence and a racing incident?

Cars were going everywhere, and many would were changing direction unpredictably. As a result, there was alot of contact. I'm still fuming over the Ralf penalty, what would you Wilson bashers have, a penalty for him too? Or wait a minute, Jaques moved in front of him, maybe he should get the penalty.

Na lets blame RS for this too and knock him back another 10 at Monza.
Old 5 Aug 2003, 01:50 (Ref:680096)   #103
Wrex
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

Australia
Wrex is going for a new lap record!Wrex is going for a new lap record!Wrex is going for a new lap record!Wrex is going for a new lap record!Wrex is going for a new lap record!Wrex is going for a new lap record!
PS: Thanks for the pics Adam
Old 5 Aug 2003, 06:10 (Ref:680181)   #104
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
It does look like he was taking avoiding action doesn't it?
Old 5 Aug 2003, 10:37 (Ref:680349)   #105
steve_r
Veteran

Lord Howe Island
European Capital of Culture 2008
steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally posted by Wrex
OMG, has this forum completely lost any ability too see the diference between incompetence and a racing incident?
The conspiracy theorists have got to have somthing to talk about, after all JV actually finished...
Old 5 Aug 2003, 10:46 (Ref:680356)   #106
Wrex
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

Australia
Quote:
Originally posted by steve_r
The conspiracy theorists have got to have somthing to talk about, after all JV actually finished...
Ah, yes, the mobile chicane.

To be fair though, he did get in everyones way.
Old 5 Aug 2003, 10:53 (Ref:680361)   #107
JohnSSC
Veteran

Slovenia
Pittsburgh
JohnSSC has a real shot at the podium!JohnSSC has a real shot at the podium!JohnSSC has a real shot at the podium!JohnSSC has a real shot at the podium!JohnSSC has a real shot at the podium!
Sometimes I wonder if the feed here in the States is that much different. David Hobbes stated that "Poor Wilson weaved all through the 1st corner only to get caught up in it anyway." (and I am paraphrasing a bit).

This is a tough group - 1st corner melee and Wilson gets slagged for getting nailed. He comes in for repairs and goes out until the car does die. Webber, having lemons for a car decides to make lemonade and he gets slagged for staying out of the faster cars way and when he had an opportunity for a point, going for it!

This will stir up the old hornet's nest but from my perspective, a lot of decisons about driver ability seem to be based strictly on country of origin. It is one thing to root for your "home" driver, but geez!
"He's still a young guy and I always think, slightly morbidly, the last thing you learn is how to die and at the end of the day everybody learns every single day." - The Ever-Cheerfull Ron Dennis on Lewis Hamilton.
Old 5 Aug 2003, 10:54 (Ref:680362)   #108
JohnSSC
Veteran

Slovenia
Pittsburgh
JohnSSC has a real shot at the podium!JohnSSC has a real shot at the podium!JohnSSC has a real shot at the podium!JohnSSC has a real shot at the podium!JohnSSC has a real shot at the podium!
And seeing Wrex's comment, I would not agree completely as JV wasn't all that mobile! Except of course when he was about to be lapped - then he sprang to life.
"He's still a young guy and I always think, slightly morbidly, the last thing you learn is how to die and at the end of the day everybody learns every single day." - The Ever-Cheerfull Ron Dennis on Lewis Hamilton.
Old 5 Aug 2003, 11:27 (Ref:680392)   #109
jetsetter
Veteran

Australia
Ipswich Qld Australia
jetsetter should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by steve_r
Albeit a long way behind Button.
Old 5 Aug 2003, 13:12 (Ref:680476)   #110
Spiddy-Spid
Rookie

Spiddy-Spid should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I would say from Adam's pictures, it appears that JW was heading into the only available gap on the way into the first corner, when JV cut across, using perhaps more of the kerbing than was strictly neccessary, leaving JW nowhere to go but into him. As I remember from the TV pictures, RF seemed to change direction dramatically, just before his collision with JW, who had also just changed course. On reflection, I think, a racing incident. Although it could be said that a man without his front wing shouldn't be racing.

Someone mentioned a Jag press release saying that Wilson was hit by both Villeneuve and Firman, which I think I also read, although I don't believe it was a direct quote from JW.

As for a JW/MW comparison, it's far to early to cast judgement. Pull up a pint and wait at least until after Hungary.
Old 6 Aug 2003, 15:22 (Ref:681364)   #111
Wrex
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

Australia
I think a more accurate description was Justin hit JV and Firman, not the other way around. But he hardly had any choice in the matter.