Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 7 Aug 2003, 20:32 (Ref:682249)   #26
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

Knowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
It seems like press manipulation ala Gerhard Berger earlier this year.
Old 7 Aug 2003, 21:19 (Ref:682286)   #27
boom boom
Racer

boom boom should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
From being a Juan fan when I just found out he was coming to Chip Ganasis Team, and watching his career through F1. The one thing I noticed, is that Juan likes to say things just to play with the press's head a bit...

I think it is all very amusing..
Anything could happen in 2005 but I think Williams is still the first choice
Old 7 Aug 2003, 21:28 (Ref:682298)   #28
Smokey 6 litre
Veteran

England
The Total Perspective Vortex
Smokey 6 litre should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
all this is is Monty trying to frighten Frank into giving him a better contract.
Toyota will have a good car in a few years, but will Montoya will want a competative car right away, and do Toyota have the staying power, manufacturers always come and go, even if they've commited until a certain time if their heart isn't in it, their money isn't either.
Old 7 Aug 2003, 23:38 (Ref:682428)   #29
Valve Bounce
Veteran

Australia
Home :)
Valve Bounce has been held in scrutiny for further testing
JPM doesn't speak Italian, so they must have used a liberal translation from Yahoo!!
Old 8 Aug 2003, 04:01 (Ref:682509)   #30
Wrex
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

Australia
Melbourne - Home of the Australian GP
Wrex is going for a new lap record!Wrex is going for a new lap record!Wrex is going for a new lap record!Wrex is going for a new lap record!Wrex is going for a new lap record!Wrex is going for a new lap record!
Must he do everything Jacques does?

Personally, I think this is either BS, a slow news day or a negotiating tool. The latter is unlikely, Frank has never folded to driver demands and is'nt likely to now.

If Ralf or Monty left Willaims, Alonso, Fisi and Webber could step in and keep the other honest, and for less money.

Dont expect a Williams driver change in the near future.
Old 8 Aug 2003, 06:14 (Ref:682543)   #31
Valve Bounce
Veteran

Australia
I concur. Ralf has a long term contract which I suspect has something to do with the BMW motor, and JPM can see where his bread is buttered when he scores his WDC this year. In fact, if he does win the WDC, I am willing to bet he will still not get as much pay as Ralf will next year.
Old 8 Aug 2003, 07:28 (Ref:682569)   #32
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
I thought both Williams drivers contracts run out at the end of 2005. (?)
Old 8 Aug 2003, 09:24 (Ref:682650)   #33
Glen
Veteran

Glen should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridGlen should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridGlen should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Money could change a lot of things - how would your view of this story change if you knew that Adrian Newey was going to Toyota for example? It could happen - he very nearly went to Jaguar. Or any other top designer - Rory Byrne, anybody. Nothing's impossible.

I have to say that I would very much like to see him stay at my favourite team though.
Old 8 Aug 2003, 09:31 (Ref:682654)   #34
BootsOntheSide
Veteran

England
Eastbourne, England
BootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Juan does indeed have a hsitroy with Toyota. In 1999 Chip Ganassi used Honda engines befor ebeing offered big money to use Toyota engines. The things were hopeless and blew up frequently, but, coupled with Lola chassis and Juan's talents, won 3 times, whcih is where the 'Mon-Toyota' pun comes from.

As for this, I think it's quite possible that Toytoa will attempt to buy the leading talents, including someone like Adrian Newey or Rory Byrne, that seems to be the only way they try to compete.

Montoya will be seeing really encouraging signs from the team, they seem to be bulding faster cars than before and ahve now cracked the reliability much better. By 2005 they might well be in a position to challenge for wins. I don't think money really motivates Montoya, though the status and prestige that goes with it does, so I doubt he'd join a weak team just for a big sack of money.
Old 8 Aug 2003, 09:44 (Ref:682662)   #35
ralf fan
Forum Host
Veteran

United Nations
Apartment No.203
ralf fan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridralf fan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridralf fan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridralf fan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Maybe Juan wants to do something like Michael did with Ferrari convert a midfield team to a championship winning force.
Old 8 Aug 2003, 10:10 (Ref:682677)   #36
JohnSSC
Veteran

Slovenia
Pittsburgh
JohnSSC has a real shot at the podium!JohnSSC has a real shot at the podium!JohnSSC has a real shot at the podium!JohnSSC has a real shot at the podium!JohnSSC has a real shot at the podium!
I think we need to take a chill pill! Heck, it is hard to get a handle on who will be where in '04, let alone '05!

Look at Wilson, who would have thought (not hoped - thought!) that he would finish this year at Jaguar? So basically JPM is saying "I am keeping my options open, but the only teams that can afford me are Willy, Mac, Toyota and that Ferrari team."
"He's still a young guy and I always think, slightly morbidly, the last thing you learn is how to die and at the end of the day everybody learns every single day." - The Ever-Cheerfull Ron Dennis on Lewis Hamilton.
Old 8 Aug 2003, 13:02 (Ref:682856)   #37
Valve Bounce
Veteran

Australia
Quote:
Originally posted by Glen
Money could change a lot of things - how would your view of this story change if you knew that Adrian Newey was going to Toyota for example? It could happen - he very nearly went to Jaguar. Or any other top designer - Rory Byrne, anybody. Nothing's impossible.

Well yeah!! I suppose Murray could come out of retirement and relegate James Allen back to the pits.
Old 8 Aug 2003, 13:23 (Ref:682870)   #38
Bononi
Race Official
20KPINAL

Bononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally posted by ralf fan
Maybe Juan wants to do something like Michael did with Ferrari convert a midfield team to a championship winning force.
Uhn... maybe, maybe. But Ferrari wasn't a midfield team, just a struggling big team.
Old 8 Aug 2003, 16:38 (Ref:683021)   #39
Mr V
Veteran

England
The city of bridges (one day!)
Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!
Juan will either go to McLaren or stay with Williams in 2005.
Old 8 Aug 2003, 16:50 (Ref:683034)   #40
Speed
Veteran

Panama
Panama, Rep. of Panama
Speed should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by ralf fan
Well, he helped getting Williams-BMW to 2nd (WCC) on his second season, and looking for 1st (WCC) on his 3rd...

Last edited by Speed; 8 Aug 2003 at 16:51.