Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing

Old 11 Aug 2003, 12:50 (Ref:684982)   #76
spearce
Racer

spearce should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Why was the reliability so bad (only 2 finishers in SR1 !), I thought these cars were good for 24hrs !!! I know a bit hot, but ....???
Also, what weight is the DBA running at compared with the other SR1's, its clearly the quickest car ou there.
Old 11 Aug 2003, 12:57 (Ref:684998)   #77
KA
Veteran

KA has a real shot at the podium!KA has a real shot at the podium!KA has a real shot at the podium!KA has a real shot at the podium!KA has a real shot at the podium!
The DBA probably runs at the same weight as in the 675 class at Le Mans or ALMS- although I believe it is a fair bit over the class minumum anyway.

I believe Jan Lammers has apparently had a few words to say on this subject recently (can't remember where it was reported- DSC at a guess)- something to the effect that this may give the DBA an unfair edge in FIASSC races....
Old 11 Aug 2003, 13:26 (Ref:685026)   #78
cybersdorf
Veteran

Austria
Vienna, Austria
cybersdorf should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridcybersdorf should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Official word is that the DBA weighed "over 800kg". That's the weight of a Gp.C car. And it still would have whooped Lammers' arsenal.
Old 11 Aug 2003, 14:01 (Ref:685061)   #79
Tim Northcutt
Veteran

United States
Indianapolis
Tim Northcutt should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTim Northcutt should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTim Northcutt should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTim Northcutt should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
I've been searching the usual sites where full results and race accounts are posted, but haven't seen anything yet

( I don't subscribe to dailysportscar.com)

Can anyone steer me to a site that has posted the full results, an account of the race, or both...

If any of our UK members actually went to the race, please share with us your own impressions, info, etc...what kind of problems the varios SR1 cars had, who ran well (while they ran anyway), was there good dicing and/or racing action, etc.

Sounds like the race was a struggle to survive, which is unusual in a 2 fr. 30 min. event....

One American Open Wheel Series!
Old 11 Aug 2003, 20:22 (Ref:685473)   #80
Tim Northcutt
Veteran

United States
Indianapolis
Tim Northcutt should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTim Northcutt should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTim Northcutt should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTim Northcutt should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Full race results were published in the "Dunno about anybody else, but" thread....

One American Open Wheel Series!