Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing

Old 17 Aug 2003, 20:45 (Ref:690537)   #1
rdjones
Take That Fan
Veteran

England
Leeds, Yorkshire
rdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Mosport Result

Well the Mosport ALMS race has just finished and yet again it was a cracker the Top 10 looked like this:-

1 - Joest #1
2 - Dyson #20
3 - Panoz #11
4 - Corvette #3
5 - Ferrari #88
6 - Ferrari #80
7 - Panoz #11
8 - Ferrari #0
9 - Porshe #24
10 - Ferrari #35

Bad luck for Champion Audi - it was second and only a second behined the Joest car until 15 minutes went it retired with a broken supension.
Old 17 Aug 2003, 21:17 (Ref:690553)   #2
Es Nes
Veteran

Es Nes should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
yeah, we need a herbert calmer :|
Old 17 Aug 2003, 21:35 (Ref:690560)   #3
weeks
Rookie

weeks should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Champion just cant get a break. Good race though. The GTS battle in the end was great.
I can't drive 55!
Old 17 Aug 2003, 23:04 (Ref:690629)   #4
pitviper
Racer

pitviper should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
ferrari the real winners today...certainly showed their speed over the corvettes, who had the officials on their side it seemed. one more lap and they still would have pulled it out (congrats to fellows for getting a home win though...great guy). and even the olive garden ferrari showed that the 550 is a great package to work with. i wonder why no one can do the same with a C5? hmmm... and even in GT, great result by ferrari. not quite as exciting (me being possibly a tad biased of course) as the 2000 race, with audi barely pipping the BMW and the Vipers taking the vettes...it'll only get better though, especially as the GTS field begins to take over the excitement...just in time for a new Viper programme...
pit
Old 18 Aug 2003, 08:29 (Ref:690885)   #5
Fab
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

European Union
Hicksville...
Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!
The Champion Audi team guys are not served by their chance, aren't they ?
Old 18 Aug 2003, 11:34 (Ref:691048)   #6
Liz
Veteran

Liz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridLiz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Considering the number of people JJ Lehto either "touched" (bumped into) or shouldered aside on some of his blazing runs to the front, sooner or later fate was bound to touch him I guess.

Peter Kox said that "this is the closest I have come to winning in the USA". After the podium ceremony some of us wished him a safe trip back to Germany.

The race was fun from Friday to Sunday and everyone seemed to be having a great time. We had a lot of people there that had never been to a sports car race before (you could tell by the way they were completely transfixed in the paddock watching everything that went on). I saw one little boy about 5 holding his dad's hand, and he said hello to a Corvette team member on a paddock bike; when the guy said "Hi" back to him he looked up at his dad and just beamed.

The Risi Competizione Ferrari was very competitive too, making it to second in GT after Sascha and Lucas had that problem with the stripped wheel nut; Jim Martin advised the crowd on the podium that Ferrari puts absolutely no money into the teams, they all develop the cars completely on their own.
Old 18 Aug 2003, 13:33 (Ref:691202)   #7
Fab
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

European Union
Hicksville...
Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally posted by Liz
Considering the number of people JJ Lehto either "touched" (bumped into) or shouldered aside on some of his blazing runs to the front, sooner or later fate was bound to touch him I guess.
Ouch !

Quote:
Originally posted by Liz
Peter Kox said that "this is the closest I have come to winning in the USA". After the podium ceremony some of us wished him a safe trip back to Germany.
They've not that kind of problem in NASCAR, haven't they ?

Quote:
Originally posted by Liz
I saw one little boy about 5 holding his dad's hand, and he said hello to a Corvette team member on a paddock bike; when the guy said "Hi" back to him he looked up at his dad and just beamed.
How cute ! My youngest daughter did the same the day before PQ (no sound in the pits)...

At the end, a good week-end, isn't it Liz ?
Old 18 Aug 2003, 23:05 (Ref:691748)   #8
Chevyguy
Racer

Chevyguy should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Once again, one retirement shy of a GTS overall podium, and either car could have grabbed it. The #20 made 114 laps, and the #3 and #88 got 112. Say five minutes of battery change on the #20, the least reliable car all year, and history would have been made.

Pit, describe "officials on their side." What does that entale? Not challenging you, but I'm curious to know what kind of advantage could be made in the race. The Ferrari's pace was awesome. I think it was the tires more than anything else. The difference in speed during the last part of the race should have shown all through the event, and they were pretty equal all day. Did Kox have fresher tires, or was it just Michelin lifespan? Pit strategy seems pretty important right now, and P&M has got that all over Care on these familiar tracks. It looked like Kox freaked a little on that last turn. O'Connel left him just a enough room to dive to the inside, then shut the door as soon as he went for it. You could tell Kox got out of it real quick.

"No matter where you go, there you are"-Pigkiller
Old 19 Aug 2003, 05:02 (Ref:691833)   #9
pitviper
Racer

pitviper should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
really not a bash actually of course...kind of like saying "luck on their side". there was the the qualifying issue that moved them to the back of the grid (but hey, if the freaking wing is too high, it's too high...), and also the stop and go for either (i've heard both) passing under yellow (from DSC) or for contact with a prototype (from the TV coverage), and prodrive seemed to be livid with the call...and at this time the brab/mag car was walking away...you are correct though that P&M have got the pits down clean, only ORECA i believe (GTS wise) have i seen do it equal or better. all in all it was kind of a passing statement on the situation, not meant to be a stab at any cheating or anything...but thank you for corially asking for the proper clarification. nice that we can all be grown ups! lol

pit
Old 19 Aug 2003, 10:30 (Ref:692041)   #10
Speedworx
Veteran

United Kingdom
Northamptonshire
Speedworx should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Shame Champion went from 1st ot 20th after spending 17 mins in the pits making repairs.
Old 19 Aug 2003, 10:53 (Ref:692054)   #11
Liz
Veteran

Liz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridLiz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Mags told the radio people (and it was on the press notes) that it was for passing under yellow; he said that he had already started the pass when the yellow came out and he thought they called it too close. What's the rule on that, if you have started a pass when a yellow comes out?
Old 19 Aug 2003, 14:09 (Ref:692238)   #12
noise boy 2
Racer

United States
Baltimore, MD USA
noise boy 2 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I thought it was his pass at one of the restarts, he was by the olive garden car before they came on to the pit straight, and I would assume that the yellow is in affect until you hit the pit straight and can see the waving green. Robert
Old 19 Aug 2003, 14:27 (Ref:692269)   #13
paul-collins
Veteran

Canada
Mosport on a good day
paul-collins should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridpaul-collins should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridpaul-collins should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
I saw lots of passing in turn 8 when the race was going green, so it couldn't be that (turn 10 is the entrance to pit straight).
... Since all men live in darkness, who believes something is not a test of whether it is true or false. I have spent years trying to get people to ask simple questions: What is the evidence, and what does it mean?

-Bill James
Old 20 Aug 2003, 00:35 (Ref:692749)   #14
Chevyguy
Racer

Chevyguy should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I think that should just have to give the position back, but the ACO is harsh. You don't get any slaps on the hand from those guys.

"No matter where you go, there you are"-Pigkiller