Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing

Old 18 Aug 2003, 17:04 (Ref:691422)   #1
SALEEN S7R
Veteran

England
Poole, England
SALEEN S7R should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridSALEEN S7R should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridSALEEN S7R should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Euro GT: Spa-Franchochamps

August 18, 2003

For immediate release

INTERESTING EURO GT SERIES GRID AT ADAC ARDENNEN RENNEN SPA - FRANCORCHAMPS

The Euro GT Series brings an interesting grid of cars to the Ardennen Rennen at Spa – Francorchamps this weekend, including the Porsches GT2-R run by Belgian PSI Motorsport, and by Dutch Force APP Racing. Also the Wieth Motorsport Ferrari 550 GTS and the Knook/H&P Stealth B6 are expected, which will challenge Cor Euser’s Marcos LM600. Chaouki Chikhani hopes to enter his new Porsche GT2 Evo for the first time this year.

The ADAC Ardennen Rennen will take place on August 22 – 24 at one of the most challenging tracks of the world, Spa – Francorchamps, and follows a similar ADAC event in May at the Nürburgring, the ADAC Eifelrennen. The programme includes various Youngtimer classes, the Dutch Alfa Romeo Challenge, the FHR Langstreckencup, the Divinol Cup, the Castrol Haugg Cup, and the Formel Ford Competition. The Euro GT Series will run two races of 40 minutes each, one on Saturday at 15.35 and one on Sunday at 12.00.

All Euro GT Series Classes, including the new Euro Promo Series, will participate in this event. The ‘GT Class’ will see an interesting and unusual grid, which promises big fights for podium places. Cor Euser is a likely candidate, and he will push very hard to make up for the retirements earlier this year due to mechanical failures.

But his life will not be easy with some very fast cars not seen on this grid before. Team Wieth Motorsport hopes to enter the Ferrari 550 GTS, which has a very good result record. Belgian PSI Motorsport will bring its Porsche GT2-R and will benefit from its knowledge of the track. Dutch Team Force APP Racing, with driver Remko Papenburg, is back in the Euro GT Series with a fast Porsche 996 GT2-R, which has recently gone through its shakedown and proved to be very fast.

Another podium candidate will be Chaouki Chikhani, who is back on the grid for the first time after his accident during the Euro GT Series race at the Zandvoort DTM event in September last year. He has built a new Porsche GT2, which should be even faster than his previous car, a serious podium candidate last year.

An interesting entry will also be the Stealth B6 from the Dutch Knook/H&P Team. This car has shown during its first outing in May, that it can keep up with the other cars on the grid very well. The team has totally rebuilt the car and substantially improved the engine performance.

In Class ‘N-GT’ it has been the Knook/H&P Team, which has become the most serious title candidate. The team does not want to throw this away, and will enter their Marcos Mantis in the N-GT Class alongside the Stealth B6 in the GT Class. Drivers Peter van der Kolk and Rob Knook will swap seats in both cars, which is possible due to the compulsory pit stop during the races. It will be exciting to see if they can synchronize the pit stop timing for both cars without losing any time. Charles Brugman hopes to take advantage of this experiment, and gain additional competition points to increase his title chances in the N-GT Class.

The Euro Promo Series will have its second event this year. Next to the Renault Clios of the Dutch Meulenbeld brothers, there will be a group of BMW touring cars, which make their debut into the Euro GT Series.

The Euro GT Series outing in Spa – Francorchamps is supported by Brecon BV, a Dutch company specialized in system walls and ceilings for offices, shops, factory buildings, and showrooms, and clean room facilities for hospitals, laboratories, food processing plants, and advanced component assembly plants.

Photograph: Class N-GT Marcos Mantis of the Knook/H&P Team.

For more information please contact:

FP Competition BV

T +31 35 53 89 278

F + 31 35 53 19 056

M +31 655 752 157

Email: hhartman@fpcompetition.nl, info@fpcompetition.nl

ENDS:/

I just recived this today, good to see the Weith Ferrari 550 will be at Spa this time out. No mention of the 2 Vipers that have been racing in the series up until now though. Does anyone know if they will be there or not? The grid is potentially quite strong, with 1 Stealth, 1 Ferrari 550, 2 Vipers, 2 Marcos Mantis, and 4 Porsche GT2's.

I hope nobody minds me posting this, but its a press release and its hard to find any info on the series barring DSC. So I just thought I would share it with u all, Ayse, Fab, if u have any problem with this feel free to delete the thread without letting me know.
Old 18 Aug 2003, 17:25 (Ref:691448)   #2
Zandbak
Racer

Netherlands
Zandbak should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Didn't know they had a race this weekend? Is this a "new race" on the calendar?

Well one of the Vipers (Kuismanen) has another race this weekend.........50 miles north....at Zolder, is a short race Just 24 hours

But Wieth 550, PSI GT2 and the Papenburg Porsche isn't bad at all......

More of the Papenburg Porsche: http://www.app-porsche.nl
Old 20 Aug 2003, 07:16 (Ref:692900)   #3
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
I'm slightly concerned about the full press release being posted here Salleen - I would have preferred the link, plus maybe a cojuple of points arising out of the release? Having said that, perhaps the series organisers would welcome circulation of their release in this way?
Old 20 Aug 2003, 11:30 (Ref:693087)   #4
SALEEN S7R
Veteran

England
Poole, England
SALEEN S7R should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridSALEEN S7R should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridSALEEN S7R should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Ayse I coudnt have given a link to the press release Im afraid, as it was emailed to me. BTW for anyone wanting Euro GT press releases visit www.eurogtseries.com and go to Media. From there they should add u to their mailing list.
Old 20 Aug 2003, 11:47 (Ref:693104)   #5
FIRE
Race Official
Veteran

Netherlands
FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!
Maybe the Wieth Ferrari is more compative in Euro Gt than in FIA FT.
Old 20 Aug 2003, 12:13 (Ref:693133)   #6
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally posted by SALEEN S7R
Ayse I coudnt have given a link to the press release Im afraid, as it was emailed to me. BTW for anyone wanting Euro GT press releases visit www.eurogtseries.com and go to Media. From there they should add u to their mailing list.

Understood. Thanks for the link anyway.
Old 20 Aug 2003, 12:23 (Ref:693142)   #7
Graham Goodwin
Veteran

United Kingdom
Epsom UK
Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!
The Weith Ferrari is testing at the LM Bugatti circuit today together with the Lister LMP and others
Old 21 Aug 2003, 00:39 (Ref:693896)   #8
SALEEN S7R
Veteran

England
Poole, England
I just noticed at the series official site. www.eurogtseries.com in the drivers section there is a new addition to the GT class, Point racing have entered a Viper now as well as their Porsche GT2. Theres also the Weith Ferrari 550.

The series now has a reasonably strong car line-up if u ask me. Like the British GT, but a tad stronger I think. Now this has got me thinking, when the new rules for the FIA GT series come in for 2004 a lot of the current entrants will be pushed out. The Euro GT series has a good oppurtinty here to perhaps gain some of the FIA GT entrants. At least thats what I hope.

This weekends round looks to be strong, at least in the GT class. The NGT not quite as strong, but still pretty good. 3 Vipers, 1 Ferrari 550, 1 Marcos LM 600, 1 Stealth B6 and 7 Porsche GT2's. Not a bad grid at all. Its a real shame this series gets no TV coverage. At least not in the UK, or on British Eurosport.